Published on October 19, 2016
1. History of Zamzam water Superiority of Zamzam water Manners of drinking The Zamzam well Modern research on Zamzam Conclusion Q&A & refreshments
2. The story of Zamzam relates to Ibrahim, Isma’il and Hajira (peace be upon them). Ibrahim left his wife and son near the Ka’ba, after which Hajira began searching for water. Isma’il dug his heels in the ground metres away from the Ka’ba, from which water began to gush.
3. 1.The prerequisite to an answered Du’a ماء سلم و عليه هللا صلي هللا رسول قال به تستشفي شربته فان له شرب لما زمزم و هللا اعاذك مستعيذا شربته ان و هللا شفاك هللا قطعه ظمأك لتقطع شربته ان(الحاكم) ‘Zamzam water makes good whatever [need in the world and the hereafter] it is drunk for. If you drink it seeking cure with it, Allah will provide cure. If you drink it seeking protection from Allah, He will provide you with protection. And if you drink it in
4. 2. Zamzam is the Prophet’s ﷺ leftover water Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) reports, ‘The Prophet ﷺ came to the Zamzam well. We retrieved some water for him and he drank it.Then he place this blessed saliva in it. We then put it back into the well...’
5. 3. Zamzam was used to clean the Prophet’s ﷺ heart This was on the occasion of Shaqq Sadr (splitting of the chest).This happened at least twice, when he was a young boy and just before his Night Journey (al-Isra wa’l Mi’raj)
6. 4. Zamzam is like food The Prophet ﷺ indicated that one of the key features of Zamzam is that a person can suffice on it. In other words, it can act as a substitute for food too. Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) famously lived off Zamzam water for thirty days (Sahih Muslim).
7. 5. Zamzam is a cure for illnesses Whether it is spiritual or physical, Prophet Muhammad ﷺ indicated that Zamzam is an excellent cure for our illnesses.
8. 6. Zamzam is the water of the pious Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said ‘Perform Salah at the same place as the best and drink water from the water of the pious.’ He was asked ‘What is the Salah place of the best?’ He replied, ‘Under the Mizaab.’ He was then asked ‘What is the drink of the pious?’ He replied ‘Zamzam water.’ قال عنه هللا رضي عباس ابن عنمصلي في صلوا االبرار شراب من واشربوا االخيارما عباس البن قيل االبرار شراب ما و قيل الميزاب تحت قال االخيار؟ مصلي زمزم ماء قال
9. To recite Bismillah first and praise Allah. To sip in three gulps (like with all water). The drinking should always be coupled with a supplication. It should be drank in abundance so that one feels full and satisfied with it.
10. During Hajj and Umra, it should be consumed abundantly after the tawaf and the two rak’ats of prayer at Maqam Ibrahim. To stand and drink Zamzam. It can be poured over the body too, as the Prophet ﷺ poured some over his blessed head.
11. Can it be transported outside Makka? According to a report of al-Tirmidhi, Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) would carry Zamzam outside Makka and reported that the Prophet ﷺ did the same. Can we perform Wudu and Ghusl with it? Reports suggest that ablution is fine but not Ghusl.
12. Muslim and non-Muslims scientists have conducted extensive research on Zamzam. In short, they have concluded that this water is like no other in the world. Research of Masaru Emoto (clip)
13. The reciting of the religious words has effects on water. The qualities of Zamzam cannot be changed. If Zamzam is added to normal water - even a small amount - then it helps to purify that water too.
14. If the recitation of Quranic verses can affect the purity of water, then *why can’t the Qur’an improve our day when we start it withYasin? *why cannot it bring ease to the deceased when we dedicate the reward to them?
15. Baraka (blessings) lies with attachment to the pious men of Allah, like His prophets & messengers. We do not truly value & appreciate water, perhaps because we have an abundance of it around us.
16. Articles from the previous Study Circles.