Published on October 13, 2014
1. NYLMA Social Media SIG "I have a blog, a Twi9er handle, and a LinkedIn page, now what?” October 8, 2014 Guy Alvarez, CEO Good2bSocial www.Good2bSocial.com @guylaw1313
2. AGENDA v Panelist IntroducAons v Can a Law Firm Have a Firm Wide Strategy? v It All Starts and Ends with Content v Why invest in Content MarkeAng? v Developing Your Content MarkeAng Plan v Using Social Media to Expand Reach and Engagement v Don’t Build where you Rent v PromoAng Your Content on Social Networks v What is Content CuraAon? v CreaAon vs CuraAon: The 80-‐20 Rule v How do you get everyone involved? v How do you measure your ROI? v PaXerson Belknap Case Study
3. @guylaw1313 Our Panel Moderator: Guy Alvarez, Chief Engagement Officer -‐ Good2bSocial Panelists: Brandie Knox, Principal-‐ Knox Design Strategy Jenni Dickson, Business Development & MarkeMng Manager – PaOerson Belknap Webb & Tyler, LLP
4. Should your law firm have a firm wide strategy? • Who is your target audience? • What are your business objecAves? • Does your content markeAng and social media strategy closely align with your business objecAves?
5. It all Starts and Ends with Content • You cannot have a successful social media strategy without the right content • What is the right content? – Client centric – Provides guidance or value – Non – promoAonal – Free of jargon – Easily consumable – Shareable – Personable
6. Why invest in Content MarkeAng • AXract a broader audience (reach) • Build your firm’s brand (thought leadership) • Drive revenue (new clients) • Engage with: – ExisAng Clients – Prospects – Press – Talent (new associates & lateral hires) – Employees
7. Developing a Content MarkeAng Plan • Define your content markeAng mission – Who? – What? – How will it help? • Define and develop your target personas – What are the issues or problems they face? – What inspires them? – Where do they “hang out”? – How can you gain their aXenAon & trust? • Conduct a content audit • Develop an editorial calendar
8. Using Social Media to expand reach and engagement TwiXer Your site or blog Google+ LinkedIn Facebook What is wrong with this picture?
9. Don’t build where you rent! • You don’t control public social networks. They can change at any Ame. • Spend your Ame and effort on your owned properAes • Use social networks to: – Drive traffic back to your site – Develop relaAonships – Expand your network – Raise awareness
10. PromoAng your Content on Social Networks Seven Tweets 3X on day post is published, 2X next two days One Ame on your personal profile One Ame on firm or pracAce group page Post on relevant groups (always in the form of a quesAon) One Ame on personal profile One Ame on company page Post on relevant communiAes (always in the right secAon) One Ame on firm page (always with an image of media file)
11. What is Content CuraAon? “Content CuraMon is the pracMce of finding, organizing and sharing the best and most relevant content on a specific topic, rather than solely creaMng all content yourself.” -‐Pawan Deshpande, CEO of Curata
12. CreaAon vs CuraAon: The 80-‐20 rule
13. How do you get everyone involved? YOUR FIRM YOUR LAWYERS
14. How do you Measure ROI? Reach • Number of visitors to Web Site • Number of Fans on Facebook • Number of Followers on TwiXer • Number of Followers on LinkedIn • Number of subscribers to YouTube Channel • Number of inbound links from other web sites • Keywords SEO Engagement • Likes Shares and Comments on FB • +1’s, Shares and Comments on Google+ • Retweets and menAons on TwiXer/LinkedIn • Comments on firm website or blog • MenAons on other blogs • Links from other web sites
15. Case Study:
This brief presentation covers the concept of 'Fit for purpose' obligation in vari...
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has met with further hurdles as a DC Court of Appeal...
An impartial and clear mindset is needed when presiding over court proceedings tha...
VONNIS waarbij Hedwig Van Roy niet meer mag zeggen uitvinder te zijn van CLICS. Er...
Constitucional habeas corpus cc liminar
All Twitter Blogs; The Official Twitter ... props, and emojis to your photos on Twitter, ... a company that has developed novel machine learning techniques ...
Today we're announcing a partnership between LinkedIn and Twitter ... your status on LinkedIn you can now ... LinkedIn Official Blog ...
Manage your business account ... Get started with your Twitter marketing or brush up on the fundamentals. ... Blogs Press Careers Investors Engineering
Share on LinkedIn Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google+. ... Until now. Starting a blog on the web in 2016 ... How to Write Your Best Blog ...
Verified account @ Suggested users ... Twitter.com makes heavy use of browser cookies. ... Sign up now to get your own personalized timeline!
Using Twitter; My account; ... Make Twitter your own. ... New to Twitter? Sign up now and get your own personalized timeline!
Create images with the perfect size and format for Twitter ... LinkedIn. Profiles and pages. ... Create a free account below or log in to your existing ...
... layer of security for your Twitter account. ... Now, when you log in to your account on ... login verification in your account settings ...
We hope you like what you see on Twitter and Vine today: ... but not everything can be your favorite. The heart, ... Accounts to follow.