Published on March 11, 2016
1. Supercharge your study with your Library’s quality e-resources! www.kent.ac.uk/library/resources Information Services
2. What is your digital library?
3. It’s quality content
4. which the University pays for
5. You can’t find or access most of this content through Google, or even Google Scholar
6. What you can find in a search engine, like Google Do you want to get the whole picture?
7. What you can find in a search engine, like Google The resources the University pays for on your behalf: • there are more • they’re more relevant • they’re better quality • your work will have more impact if you
8. So even if you start your search with Google, don’t stop there!
9. www.kent.ac.uk/librar y/resources Next stop: library website
10. Your 2 main ways to access digital resources:
11. LibrarySearch Find lots of material in a single search!
12. LibrarySearch It’s the best place to start, especially if you’re looking for e-books and journal articles
13. LibrarySearch But it doesn’t have everything!
14. A-Z of e-resources The A-Z has links to everything we pay for (except individual e-books and journals)
15. A-Z of e-resources Good when you know the name of the resource you want!
16. What kinds of content are we talking about?
17. E-books We have 787,827*, almost as many as the physical books in the Templeman Library. *Number based on SCONUL annual return, January 2016
18. E-books Whatever subject you’re studying, we have e-books that are relevant to you
19. Journals Journal articles give you the most current research and thinking on your topic
20. Journals Articles are great if you want to find material on specific aspects of a topic
21. Official publications Official publications are documents produced by or for the government and cover a huge range of topics
22. Official publications They are important primary and secondary sources for many subjects
23. News resources We have current news resources and archives of past news, from the UK and international
24. News resources They offer news, views and commentary on contemporary events
25. Multimedia Multimedia covers film, TV, audio, and image material
26. Multimedia It’s key for many subjects and can help you really immerse yourself in a topic
27. Reference Reference covers languages, biography, and key facts in all academic subjects
28. Reference Find facts fast, in dictionaries and encyclopaedias that give reliable information
29. Theses & dissertations Theses can be a great starting points to research a topic, especially their bibliographies
30. Theses & dissertations They also show you how best to lay out, format and argue your own thesis
31. Statistics & maps Statistics and maps are key for providing raw data for many topics
32. Statistics & maps They’re important in providing additional evidence in support of your arguments
33. Where is your digital library?
35. Library resources you can access…
36. from anywhere on campus
37. from home
38. and on the move
39. No need to visit the library!
40. Who can access your digital library?
41. Only current Kent staff and students
42. So make the most of while you’re at uni!
43. www.kent.ac.uk/librar y/resources Want more help? Contact your academic liaison librarian: www.kent.ac.uk/libra ry/templeman/subjec t-support
44. Image credits • “Iceberg: Photoshop power” by Pere www.flickr.com/photos/pere/523019984 • Mungo’s: DC_OR_IMG_7802 by University of Kent www.flickr.com/photos/universityofkentidentity/16152998 364 • Campus image: SU_0019 by University of Kent www.flickr.com/photos/universityofkentidentity/16587731 628 • resource icons created by Information Services, University of Kent • resource screenshots • all other images have CC0 (“No rights reserved”) licenses
45. THE UK’S EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY www.kent.ac.uk
Geology Library; Global Studies; ... subject specialist for a consultation about your library ... of Ask a Librarian services is limited to ...
Digital Collections; E-Resources; ... A digitized collection of the journal published by Columbia University Libraries from ... Cuneiform Digital Library ...
View all library hours and find open libraries Study Rooms ... Request a library session and other services for your ... Digital Library Services; Distance ...
... as well as professional library staff who can help you with research and support with your studies. ... you can borrow and access digital and print ...
Digital Library Menu; You are here ... you have registered for a University IT account username and password you will be able to access most of the Library ...
Library e-resources. ... digital magazines you can read on ... to all members of South Gloucestershire Libraries. Visit your local library and ask ...
Nipissing University / Canadore College Libraries. ... Library Services; ... E-Resources Tips. General - try here if you are not sure where to start.
... and they also often offer common areas to facilitate group study and collaboration. Libraries ... of e-resources. ... digital libraries can ...
Research data management and curation resources available at the University of Alabama. ... for digital media ... to help you use library ...