Published on March 16, 2016
1. © Henley Business School 2011 www.henley.reading.ac.uk Centre for HR excellence You can’t put in what God left out – The Solution
2. Strategic HRBPs are a rare commodity
3. “In terms of our development environment we’re like a hairdresser with a rubbish barnet” WHY?
5. Issue 1 Sustained L/T Commitment to developing individuals and function (esp from CEO):
6. Issue 2 Depth vs Breadth
7. Issue 3 Maintaining time and space despite pressure to downsize
8. Issue 4 How/what to assess and develop especially at senior levels
9. Issue 5 Strategy Guru vs Doing the Basics
10. Implications Issue Organisational Individual 1. Long Term View Time generating support vs designing/implementing HR development programme Build a long term career view 2. Depth vs Breadth Create career opportunities for both Move outside comfort zone 3. Time and space Invest even in the downturn Don’t be busy, busy, busy 4. Assess Invest in assessment and development Understand what they’re looking for and build the relevant experience 5. Strategy vs basics Deliver the basics first Get operational experience and develop a reputation for delivery
11. Conversation: What do you need to do personally and functionally?
12. ‘I interviewed a lady recently for an HRBP role. She said she was a strategic thinker, but when I explored what she meant by the term strategic, for her it was reading the business plan every quarter. I asked her about a longer time frame, and she thought I was speaking in tongues!’
13. Cultural Fit
14. Conversation: Where could you find them?
15. Releasing the Pressure • Understand the pressure • Look for the tell tale signs • Provide resources and support • Prioritise your asks • Support them to navigate stakeholders • Keep the CofE off their backs • Deal with the politics
16. Conversation: How do you relieve the pressure?
Bring the Film to YOUR CHURCH . When God Left The Building will bring hope and new life to your congregation. And now you can bring the film directly to ...
... Now, you refer to the cloud that was put in heaven ... Why can't God take someone ... poor creatures, who conjured you out of the clay? Is God in ...
If God knows I am hurting, why doesn't He help me? See ... It can't be easy to have a “vicious mother” or ... You will come out of all the pain and be ...
Quotations about God, ... I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. ... If you want to find God, hang out in the space between your ...
Why won't God help me? Ok. This is ... I think if you could have put yourself in ... Please remember there is nothing that God can't forgive! I will be ...
How to Get Over Being Left Out. ... If you can't figure out what's wrong, and if you need to change something, ask people who see you every day.
Can’t God prove himself ... So that we would not have to die separated from God, out of his love ... this might help you put it into words: "Jesus, I ...
... I can't handle it God; you ... Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in ... Today I have more solutions than problems. 379) If God is ...
Be realistic. Sometimes we may feel left out when we don’t have a good reason to feel this way. In order to determine if you should feel left out, it is ...