Published on November 15, 2016
1. 5 best practices to become an omni-channel expert Jussi Lindberg VP Global business development, Adyen
2. 1 1 2 3 4 Agenda The omni-channel landscape Case Best Key take-
3. A constant revolution Technology is transforming the world
4. Always on, personal and realtime Same day delivery, 100% accuracy Subscription economy Technology is creating an easy life for consumers
5. Customer journey To thrive in the sharing economy of the high demanding consumer, businesses need to create the greatest customer journeys. In order to create customer journeys, that fuel brand loyalty, payments play a fundamental role.
6. But what is holding it back? Businesses working in silos • Customer service • Organisational structure • IT infrastructure • Business process
7. Adyen enables companies to accept payments from their customers using any payment method over any sales channel.
8. wherever people pay
9. Endless number of possible omni-channel Card is captured when goods are shipped Sales assistant ﬁnds product on tablet. Shopper is recognized with card and is authorized Product not in store Shopper registers online, registers card In-store web sales 1/3 of consumers buy the same item but at another store 10% do not purchase the item at all 1. Endless aisle
10. 90% of in-store kiosks transactions were related to out-of-stock issues Endless aisle strategies increased sales by up to 14%
11. x Endless number of possible omni-ch Retrieves trans inserting card a partially if good Visit the store to return goods The goods aren’t the good size for example Shopper shops online and pays Cross-Channel Refund + ess number of possible omni-channel Pays with one-click Download app and login and add goods to basket Register card with POS and receives login details by e- mail Visit the store Omni-channel one-click Sub-optimisation of the cost of delivery Inconvenience for the consumer to wait at home several hours 2. Click and Collect (Buy online, pick-up in store)
12. Zara Click and collect acting as a support channel Jumbo Supermarkets found that 40% of their click and collect customers were new customers 32% said they purchased additional goods after they bought online and picked up in-store *Source: In Verdict’s March 2015 survey
13. + Endless number of possible omni-channel Pays with one-click Download app and login and add goods to basket Register card with POS and receives login details by e- mail Visit the store Omni-channel one-click Ensure a friction free payment experience using tokenised payment details both online and in-store 3. Omni-channel one click
14. Using tokenised payment details to ensure frictionless hotel stay Collect payment details online Check-in kiosks at hotels Payment for food and services with the room card Check out at the kiosk Email with receipt New booking using one-click
15. x Endless number of possible omni-channel Retrieves transaction by inserting card and refund partially if good is missing Visit the store to return goods The goods aren’t the good size for example Shopper shops online and pays Cross-Channel Refund 42% of shoppers want to be able to bring online orders back to a store Return fraud and abuse amounted to $17.6 billions in 2014 8.9% of sales are subjected to returns 4. Omni-channel returns
16. Lower levels of fraud (due to human interaction) Opportunities to cross-sell products to the incoming consumer
17. Omni-channel initiatives - Apple Pay
18. Best practice 1 Make the payment step as frictionless as possible The easier it is for customers to pay, the higher the conversions Payment data storage The right payment acceptance policy Innovative technologies to address real pain points
19. Best practice 1 Make the payment step as frictionless as possible The easier it is for customers to pay, the higher the conversions Payment data storage The right payment acceptance policy Innovative technologies to address real pain points Test in the physical environment Train staff Top champions in physical stores Best practice 2 The Three Ts
20. 20 Best practice 3 Centralize payments management Across sales channels and geographies + Centralised reporting and reconciliation = Increased efﬁciency and slashed operational costs
21. Best practice 4 Leverage online technology in-store Delayed authorisation capture: Reduce refunds No amount blocked on shopper card Tokenisation: Streamline processes
22. Best practice 5 Adjust fraud prevention approaches Fraudsters take advantage of lack of communication between channels Examples of best practices: Link risk data across channels and geographies. Centralised risk settings across channels and geographies.
23. Key take aways Sales channels are adding value to each other in an omni- channel environment Payments is a key driver behind an omni-channel strategy Omni-channel approach to payments leads to increased revenues and reduced operational costs.