Published on December 17, 2016
1. Write It Forward Workshop and Retreat An intense, on-premises workshop focusing on idea, conflict, story and the ever-changing business of publishing. Most importantly, this workshop focuses on developing your creative process as a writer. We’ve worked with writers from #1 NY Times best-selling authors to novices writing their first book. All have had their knowledge and skills enhanced. Limited to four people per workshop.
2. People who’ve participated in the Workshop, are eligible to return for the Retreat. Both are run several times a year in Knoxville, TN. Both residence and non-residence options are available. Writing Retreat.
3. “A book to inspire, instruct and challenge the writer in everyone.” #1 NY Times Best-Selling Author Susan Wiggs "An invaluable resource for beginning and seasoned writers alike. Don't miss out." #1 NY Times Best-Selling Author Terry Brooks “Something for every writer, from neophyte to old hand. My hat is off to Bob.” #1 NY Times Best-Selling Author Elizabeth George. An Intense Weekend Workshop
4. The focus is on: Your process as a writer. Developing your idea. Developing your story. Figuring out your conflict box. Discussion on the current state of publishing and the possible future paths. An Intense Weekend Workshop
5. Schedule The Curriculum: Saturday AM: Idea. Saturday PM: Conflict Box & Story Sunday AM: Story and Your Process Sunday PM: Story and Publishing Discussion Informal discussion flows at all other times, often the most valuable part of the workshop.
6. GOALS Getting your novel down to one sentence of 25 words of less. Filling out the conflict box. Identifying and then refining your creative writing process. Outlining your novel. Discussing which publishing path is the right one for each participant.
7. What Do You Get Personalized instruction. Lodging and meals. 3 books: Write It Forward; The Novel Writers Toolkit; How We Made Our First Million on Kindle. Airport pick up and drop off (Knoxville). Dog Hair. The workshop runs from 9 am Saturday until 5 pm Sunday. Most arrive Friday afternoon/evening and depart Monday morning.
8. Instructors Bob Mayer is a NY Times Bestselling author, graduate of West Point, former Green and the feeder of two Yellow Labs, most famously Cool Gus. He’s had over 65 books published including the #1 series Area 51, Atlantis, Time Patrol and The Green Berets. Born in the Bronx, having traveled the world (usually not tourist spots), he now lives peacefully with his wife, and said labs, at Write on the River, TN. His wife, Debbie Cavanaugh, is a story streamer who has worked with many bestselling authors, including a #1 NY Times Bestselling author where their first project together was nominated for an Edgar and Agatha, along with other NY Times bestsellers. Bob and Gus:
9. Write It Forward Workshop Or email Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Original Idea Conflict the Fuel of Your Story and the Conflict Box Plot I: Research and Narrative Questions Plot II: Outlining Plot III: Narrative Structure Character Point of View Write It Forward: From Writer to Bestselling Author Writers Conference Guide (Free eBook) Three P’s: Platform, Product, Promotion Writers’ Block and Rewriting How to Write the Query/Synopsis Write It Forward Writers Workshop and Retreat
11. Bob’sWorkshops I’ve taught for over 1,000 organizations. If you’re interested in having me present at your conference or to your group, please email me at email@example.com I tailor my presentations to the group. The previous slideshares are all workshops that I give. Along with others such as: Self-Publishing--What really are your options? E-pub, POD and the Future of Publishing for the Writer Pre-conference and One Day Workshops: These have been attended by over 500 people at a time: NOVEL WRITING SEMINAR WRITE IT FORWARD WORKSHOP
12. For More Information click on links AudiobookAudiobook Free Audiobook version
13. Bob Mayer is a New York Times bestselling author, a graduate of West Point, a former Green Beret, grandfather to two future Leaders of the Resistance against the Machines, and feeder of two yellow Labs, most famously Cool Gus. He’s had over seventy books published, including the #1 bestselling series Time Patrol, Area 51, Atlantis, and the Green Berets. Born in the Bronx and having traveled the world (usually not the tourist spots), he now lives peacefully with his wife and his Labs. Sort of. www.bobmayer.com www.coolgus.com