Published on March 19, 2014
• Welcome and Introductions • The Source of the FMSI Study Information • Why is Workforce Utilization (WFU) Management Important? • Gathering the WFU Data • WFU Study Results • A Closer Look – KEMBA Financial Credit Union • Impact of Poor WFU Percentages • Management Tips • Open Discussion Including Q&A Session
Submit a question or comment via chat
• Gordon A. Williams IV, FMSI EVP Business Development • Tracy Bachman, KEMBA Financial Credit Union, Director of Branch Operations • Meredith Deen, FMSI COO • Chad Davis, FMSI VP of Marketing
Encompassing 10,000 financial services employees at over 1,000 branches — • Payroll data (HR) • Transaction processing data (core processing) • Employee, branch, and individual levels
Primary role of front-line staff — • Processing account holder transactions • Idle time is inevitable
Daily activity forecast — • Percent of time processing transactions • Percent of staff idle time • Percent of task time
Scheduling additional sales related activities — • Supervisor coaching sessions • Sales training • Outbound sales / relationship calls
Tracy Bachman – Director of Branch Operations
About Us — • We have been around since 1933. • We are the 3rd largest credit union in the state of Ohio, and the largest in central Ohio. • Asset Size - $825M • Approximately 200 employees • Nine branches, plus a virtual branch
FMSI Teller Management System™ user since November 2009 • In 2009 we ranked 42nd. • By June 2010, we were in the top 10 and have stayed there pretty much ever since
• When we were hiring tellers, we focused on PT instead of FT. • What are the peak hours of the day at each branch?
• It was so helpful to see what the trends were in the forecasting tool to help us plan our schedules for peak hours. • Finding the right PT employees to meet the needs is still a struggle.
• Tellers—If you aren’t scheduled to be working on the line waiting on members, don’t sign on to the computer at the teller line. We are set up by terminal, not just by teller.
• We are very sales driven and this was affecting our TPH, as tellers would spend too much time talking to members. • We set up and trained a service standard of how to engage in conversations with our members to effectively get referrals, and turn them over to member services quickly. We coach to this weekly.
• Ensure the highest level of service • Reduce downtime • Full-time tellers at 75% WFU, or higher What gets measured, gets managed
The Power of Optimal Scheduling— • Optimal vs. actual staff KPIs • Full-time employee net difference • Based on core system data
Assigning “Sales Activity” with a Forecasted Staff Scheduling Application — • Identify and quantify downtime • Knowing when to schedule sales activities
Position your FI for 21st century challenges — • Systematically leverage your WFU data • Track, measure, identify, and redirect undesired staff downtime • Take a more deliberate approach to fine tuning employee alignment to activity
FMSI provides performance management information and a scheduling solution to financial institutions of all sizes, including a workforce optimization comparative data report that allows clients to see where they rank amongst their industry peers. – Learn more at www.fmsi.com, or call 770.619.3443 – Download all FMSI white papers and recorded webinars at fmsi.com/resources
Canvas Prints at Affordable Prices make you smile.Visit http://www.shopcanvasprint...
30 Días en Bici en Gijón organiza un recorrido por los comercios históricos de la ...
Con el fin de conocer mejor el rol que juega internet en el proceso de compra en E...
With three established projects across the country and seven more in the pipeline,...
Retailing is not a rocket science, neither it's walk-in-the-park. In this presenta...
Teller Workforce Utilization Study . By Michael Scott, President and CEO, FMSI . Executive summary .
• Welcome and Introductions • The Source of the FMSI Study Information • Why is Workforce Utilization (WFU) Management Important? • Gathering the ...
FMSI Workforce Utilization Study The complimentary FMSI Workforce Utilization Study White Paper is based on data from 10,000 financial services employees ...
Workforce Planning Definitions. Workforce Planning: is the systematic identification and analysis of what an organization is going to need in terms of the ...
Workspace Utilization and Allocation Benchmark U.S. General Services Administration Office of Governmentwide Policy Office of Real Property Management
SCHEV Space Utilization Study: The Data Collection Process - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Manpower utilization is a business ... Businesses sometimes commission a manpower utilization study to determine the percentage of their workforce that ...
Cambodia Garment Industry Workforce Assessment Identifying Skill Needs and Sources of Supply Prepared for GIPC by Lynn Salinger June 2006 Presentation made