Published on March 9, 2014
Women’s Day Quiz 2014 8th March – International Women’s Day
Round 1 – Infinite Bounce • Pounce - +10/-5 • Direct Questions - +10/0
1. Who am I ? • Given below is my fictional biography. • My full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. In a series of novels published by Random House in the 1960s, my parents' names are given as George and Margaret Roberts from the fictional town of Willows, Wisconsin. In the Random House novels, I attended Willows High School. • I have over 40 pets including cats and dogs, horses, a panda, a lion cub, and a zebra. I own a wide range of vehicles, including pink Corvette convertibles, trailers, and jeeps. I also hold a pilot's license, and operate commercial airliners in addition to serving as a flight attendant. My career is designed to show that women can take on a variety of roles in life, and I have been sold with a wide range of titles.
2. These are some of the ever green movies of Bollywood. Who is the only actor common in all these movies? (Other than SRK of course!!) Hint- A national award winner
Anupam Kher • • • • KKHH - Principal Malhotra (Rani’s father) DDLJ - SRK’s father Darr - Juhi’s Brother Mohabbatein - Kake( The Punjabi Guy flirting with Archana Puran Singh)
3. ID X • X started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills (TOMCO), part of the Tata Group; it was named after a French opera , which itself is the French form of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, also renowned for her beauty. It was started in 1952, famously because the then Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was concerned that Indian women were spending precious foreign exchange on beauty products, and personally requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India. ID X.
4. He is Atul Kapoor. What is his claim to fame? • Hint – Think Reality Shows
The voice of Big Boss
5. ID the Dish The name is derived from the Persian word meaning "fried, roasted". It originated in Turkey or Persia and was brought to India by Muslim travellers and merchants and the Mughals. It was traditionally prepared in earthenware pots and is known for its unique aroma, flavor and spices. The spices and condiments used may include, but are not limited to, ghee (clarified butter), nutmeg, mace, pepper, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, coriander, mint leaves, ginger, onions, and garlic. The premium varieties include saffron.
6. Who is she? • As a little girl, she was fascinated watching her father typing stories on the typewriter. She got a typewriter at the age of 7 and started typing poetries. When she was only 2 year old, she had lost one of her 8 step brothers in a road accident. At the age of 8, she wrote a song which was inspired by her father who wore dark glasses for 4 whole years to hide the grief of losing his son. At the age of 13, she was signed by Sony Music for 3 albums. • In 2013, she was listed on Forbes as one of the 100 most powerful women in the world. • Hint – Think Latin America
7. ID X • X is an accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer and Indian film & television actress, who turned to acting following the loss of a leg in an accident in May 1981 near Trichy, Tamil Nadu.
8. Connect Hint – Think Marketing
Brand ambassadors of Longines
9. Who am I? • I am the first Indian woman to graduate from Harvard Business School. I am also the first woman to guide the functioning of a foreign bank in India. I was also the first ever female president of FICCI.
Naina Lal Kidwai
10. ID X • Former Victoria's Secret Angel Miranda Kerr is the new face of X. (1 day ago) • The X is a type of Y that gained worldwide prominence in the 1990s. Although the X name was first trademarked in the U.S. in 1955, the brand was developed in Canada. • Moses (Moe) Nadler, founder and majority owner of the Canadian Lady Corset Company, licensed the trademark for the Canadian market in 1939. By the 1960s the Canadian Lady brand had become known in Canada as “X, the company." In 1961 the company introduced the Model 1300 . This became one of the best-selling Canadian styles and is virtually identical to today's X.
11. What? • In 2001 and 2002, the women in Bogota, Colombia celebrated International Women’s Day by doing something unique. What?
Imposed a night curfew on men, danced in the streets
Round 2 – Infinite Bounce • Pounce - +10/-5 • Direct Questions - +10/0
1. What is her claim to fame?
First person to get AADHAR Card 782474317884
2. ID X & Y
Viv Richards & Neena Gupta
3. Identify the Pink areas in the map
Countries with more females than males
4. ID X • X is a Harvard alumna. Eric Schmidt, then CEO of Google, said the following to convince her to join them - “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, you don’t ask what seat. You just get on.” • X joined Google and later left the company to join a competitor. She went on to become one of the youngest female billionaires in the world and is 6th on the Forbes list of the 100 most powerful women in the world. • Identify X.
Sheryl Sandberg Sheryl Sandberg. COO of Facebook and author of ‘Lean In’
5. ID the author Hint – Her husband might have been your boss!
6. ID X • The name of the product of this Indian Organization was selected by conducting a competition. The winner was Dhirajben Ruparel and she won Rs. 5 as the prize money for the same. • Started in the year 1959 with a seed capital of Rs. 80, X had an annual turnover of around Rs. 6.50 billion (over 100 million USD) in 2010, with Rs. 290 million in exports. It provides employment to around 42,000 people. X is headquartered in Mumbai and has 67 branches and 35 divisions all over India.
Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad In 1962, the name Lijjat (Gujarati for "tasty") was chosen by ‘Shri Mahila Griha Udyog’ for its products.
7. Who is this Google Doodle for?
8. Movie on the top?
9. ID the dance form • X is a popular folk dance of women in the Punjab region of India and Pakistan. The dance is as energetic as the Bhangra. X is usually performed in harmony, swinging and twisting the body, shaking the shoulders while bending knees and clapping. • Normally, no musical instruments accompany X. Mostly, women prefer clapping as the rhythm. All of them clap their hands and sing small couplets called Boliyaan. These Boliyaan cover themes from nature to the excesses committed by the husband or mother-inlaw or other relatives, and love etc.
10. Put funda
Anushka Sharma’s “Lipjob”
11. ID X • X is an Indian financial services banking company based in New Delhi, India. India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated the system on 19 November 2013 on the occasion of the 94th birth anniversary of former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. • India is only the third country after Pakistan and Tanzania to have such a unique bank.
Bharatiya Mahila Bank
12. ID the brand • In India, widowed and divorced women have historically been treated as outcasts. This ad wonderfully rejected that repression, celebrating a woman's second marriage to a man who treats her and her daughter with love and respect.
Tanishq – A wedding to remember
Round 3 – Long Connect • Direct Questions - +10/-0 • All questions link to a common theme • The theme can be guessed after each question with varying points, mentioned on each slide
1. ID X +50/-25 • The 4th South Indian actress after Vyjayanthimala, Padmini and Waheedha Rehmaan to become a major Hindi film star. Ironically, X’s career almost ended before it began. She worked as a background dancer in 2 Tamil films in 1963. C.V.Shridhar, the director threw her out of a Tamil film he was directing, saying she was too thin. X then made her debut only in 1968 in Hindi. • In an effort to re-establish herself as a classical dancer (she is an expert Bharatnatyam dancer), X directed TV serials such as "Noopur" and "Women of India" in 1996.
2. ID X +40/-20 • X has been elected six times as a Member of Parliament and three times as a Member of the Legislative Assembly. At the age of 25, she became the country's youngest Union Cabinet Minister and has also served as Chief Minister of Delhi. • In 1999, X famously fought the Lok Sabha elections from Bellary, Karnataka.
3. Who is she? +30/-15 • Daughter of Gemini Ganesan and Pushpavalli. • Credits the regular nutritious diet and exercise as the secret to her ageless face and figure. • Has a large collection of tissue Kanjeevaram and chiffon saris, most of which are of the color gold. • She is very active on the Internet, especially on sites about movies. She is also a staunch feminist. • Bollywood Megastar • Ranked #5 by rediff.com in its list of the "Top 10 Bollywood Actresses Ever". (March 2007).
Bhanurekha Ganesan (Rekha)
4. ID X +20/-10 • In April 1948 Jabalpur-based, Bengali-speaking Indira and Tarun were blessed with a child they named X, and enrolled in the St. Joseph's Convent School in Bhopal. • Her acting career started when she was 15 in a Bengali film Mahanagar. She became an actress in her own right in Bollywood after the release of Guddi. She went on to star in many Hindi language films, including blockbusters like Jawani Diwani, Uphaar, Anamika, and Abhimaan just to name a few. Her acting spanned from 1963 to 1981. • She also wrote the script of Shahenshah.
Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
5. ID X +10/-5 • The X contains one or more hooks and meanings that explicitly promote the product being advertised, usually through the use of one or more advertising slogans. • If one entity has the best claim to the first X it is General Mills, who aired the world’s first singing commercial. The seminal radio bite, entitled "Have You Tried Wheaties?", was first sung over the air on Christmas Eve of 1926
“Hema, Rekha, Jaya aur Sushma Sabki pasand NIRMA ! ” • • • • • Hema Malini Sushma Swaraj Rekha Jaya Bhaduri Jingle
Round 4 – Long Connect • Direct Questions - +10/-0 • All questions link to a common theme • The theme can be guessed after each question with varying points, mentioned on each slide
1. In which English city are these stadia? (+50/-25)
2. Identify the gentleman (+40/-20)
Mir Ranjan Negi
3. What do the countries shaded in dark blue constitute? (+30/-15)
The Commonwealth of Nations
4. Minimal poster of which movie? (+20/-10)
Chak De! India
5. Identify this former Indian hockey player (+10/-5)
Theme - Women’s Hockey Gold – 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games • Mir Ranjan Negi – Manager • Chak De! India based on it • Mamta Kharab scored the winning goal
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women. Yet progress has slowed in many places across the ...
International Women’s Day was first known under what name in 1909 and in what country? What specific issues were women fighting for in 1909? In 1911, the ...
What’s the difference? Try our International Women’s Day quiz and find out! 7 March 2014. tags: ... Try Our International Women's Day Quiz and Find Out
2014: International Women's Day: United Nations observance: Sun: Mar 8: 2015: International Women's Day: United Nations observance: Tue: Mar 8: 2016 ...
April 2016 am WOMAN DAY ihre Frühjahrstrends bis zu 60 Prozent günstiger! Kommentare: 12 © WOMAN Das war der WOMAN DAY im April 2016. 01. Adler.
Learn why we celebrate International Women's Day on March 8th. Play Hangman! Daily Almanac; Fifty ... Women's History Month Quiz; Women Adventurers Quiz;