Published on March 16, 2016
1. Women & Technology: HR Technology Professionals at the Crossroads Heidi Spirgi, SVP Product & Technology The Marcus Buckingham Company, www.tmbc.com @hspirgi
2. UK By the Numbers • Currently only 17% of people working in tech in the UK are women • Roughly 90% of coders in the UK are men • UK is already experiencing a digital skills gap that is forecasted to reach 745,000 workers by 2017 and one million by 2020 • 60% of college graduates are women in Europe
3. A Global Case Study - Google • Just 30% of Googlers are women • 48% of the company's non-tech jobs are held by women • Only 17% of Google's engineers are female • Women make up just 21% of the company's leadership • 3/10 Google directors are female, but only one of the company's top 12 executives -- YouTube chief Susan Wojcicki -- is a woman.
4. The BIG Miss • Digital disruption of every industry • Women are more active Internet users than men • Women are far more engaged in social media • Women are involved in 80% of consumer decisions Most internet companies’ customers are women, but the engineers, designers, coders and executives making the products are predominantly men
5. “If 90% of coders are men, developing and owning the language of the future, women won’t be part of the conversation". – Caitlin Moran
6. Monoculture is Bad for Business
7. HR Technology Professional Non- traditional Backgrounds Access Gender Composition Experience Technology Solutions Our Unique Position
11. TechTalent Charter • An initiative set-up up by the recruitment platform Monster with the aim to take positive action to increase the ratio of women working in tech to reflect the makeup of the UK population. • Signatories commit to seven protocols that will, in theory, lead to an increased ratio of women in tech. They cover: • How to build a pipeline of female tech talent • How to recruit the right talent • How to retain female tech talent • Two stages to the Charter: 1. Launched in November 2015 to founding signatories committing to the seven principles in the Charter 2. June 2016 signatories asked to sign up to fully embrace and implement the Charter's protocols. Best practices and tools are provided by the Charter’s founding Steering Group to ensure signatories are equipped with the knowledge and abilities to fully implement the seven protocols
12. TechTalent Charter – 7 Protocols 1. Commit to best practice in recruitment by implementing the ‘Rooney Rule’ – interviewing at least one female candidate (where available) as part of the recruitment process 2. Encourage and support adoption of diversity best practice by adhering to the ‘tech inclusion’ accreditation scheme 3. Explore and collectively support initiatives to address longer term programmes to build a strong tech talent pipeline among the younger UK generation 4. Appoint a senior level, named representative with responsibility for the Charter commitments from each signatory organisation 5. Work collectively with other signatories to develop and implement future protocols that support the practical implementation of the aims of the Charter 6. Establish a set benchmark for measurement – signatories agree to share and publish the diversity profile of UK employees and any other work on equality, diversity and inclusion 7. To measure and monitor progress of the Charter and its protocols, publishing an annual joint report based on contributing data shared from all signatories • http://monsteremploy.co.uk/techtalent/
19 Female Founders & CEOs Working in HR Technology #HRTech. ... (You can also follow these amazing women of HR tech on Twitter by clicking here)
HR Technology ® Conference is the world’s leading conference & expo on technology for Human Resource executives and professionals.
» HR Tech Partners Award » HR Consultancy of the Year ... » Outstanding Contribution to Global HR » HR Professional of the Year » Women Super Achiever ...
Girls in Tech Toronto launched in early 2011, and focused on connecting and advocating for women and girls in tech. We do this by hosting events, helping ...
The Funny Side of HR from the Desk of a Woman ... Women of HR has ... Companies and HR departments are slowly becoming more tech savvy and ...
WITI provides visitors with news, career opportunities, articles and info to empower women through technology. Visit our site today to learn more!
Tech Women Forum. SVForum Tech Women ... this means you!). This Forum encourages women--and men who support the advancement of women--in tech and ...
Welcome to the Women in Technology job board where you will find vacancies being advertised (either directly or via the Women in Technology recruitment ...
One of the most frustrating things about the tech industry's woman problem is the paucity of reliable data on the number of women working in technical roles.