Published on March 20, 2014
Proven Strategies for Winning Listings & Converting Buyers
Burke Smith Founder of YourNetCoach Chief Communications Officer, HSA Home Warranty • Technology will never replace agents, but agents using technology will!™
Burke Smith – Career Highlights • Chief Communications Officer at HSA Home Warranty • Founder of YourNetCoach, Founder of ipayOne, Executive Team at Prudential California Realty • Licensed California Broker & Real Estate Coach/Consultant/Trainer • Personally responsible for over 1000 closed real estate transactions • Featured on CNN & in the New York Times • Nominated 2 years in a row Inman Innovator of the Year Clients have closed over $25 billion in residential real estate!
“THIS IS WHY WE STARTED ZILLOW!” That’s almost $900 million in closed real estate transactions without a single lead from Zillow or Trulia!
Create a Strategy “Would you tell me, please which way I ought to go from here?” “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat. “I don’t much care where” - said Alice. “Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat. -- Alice’s adventures in Wonderland BY LEWIS CARROLL
What is this class all about?
You help people BUY and SELL the American Dream
First time Home Buyers
Soldier Coming Home from War
Empty Nesters Retiring to Travel the World
This class is About YOU!
Social Media is your FREE platform: • To share your stories • To show your knowledge of a market • To network • Build your S.O.I. • Do PR for you and your business • Recruit and retain Social Media does NOT replace what you do, it complements what you do!
Help me find a house What is my house is worth Tell me how the market is PROVE TO ME THAT I CAN TRUST YOU Real Estate 101 vs. Social Media 101
How you CLOSE the Sale with Social Media Your #1 Goal is NOT to schedule an appointment to show them the perfect property!! Your #1 Goal is that by the time they call, the prospect believes you are the perfect person to show them any property because you understand their needs
1. Build a brand. You’re not just an agent, you are a brand within a brand. What is your niche? 2. Market for listing appointments by creating a higher perceived value. The 40/40/20 rule. 3. Everything you do offline MUST have a call to action to drive people online. 4. Leverage your SOI through Social Media by separating your personal and professional life. What do 75% of potential homesellers say they want but only 1% of agents offer? Proven Solution Strategies for Winning more Listings
Build a brand. You’re not just an agent, you are a brand within a brand. What is your niche?
Building a Brand Identity
You’re not just an agent, you’re a brand. What does your brand stand for? Hint: “Don’t say Loyalty, Integrity and experience” • 3 Step Branding Exercise: • Write down 3 – 5 things that you think your brand represents in the market. • Ask your family, friends, co-workers and most importantly your past clients what is the first thing that comes to mind when they think about you and your brand. • Compare their responses to yours. What is your BIG, BOLD, BRANDING statement? For example: “The #1 resource for Indiana Real Estate”
What is YOUR Niche? Create AGGRESSIVE referrals
What is Social Branding? CONSISTENCY OFFLINE & ONLINE CONSISTENCY ACROSS ALL MEDIA
Market for listing appointments by creating a higher perceived value. The 40/40/20 rule.
40/40/20 RULE for Winning More Listing Appointments with Your Marketing
40% is knowing your audience Some Quick Facts About Your Next First Time Home Buyer • Equal to or Bigger than Baby Boomer Generation , Roughly 26% of the population • 3 times the size of Generation X • Weak on interpersonal skills …why? Technology • Spending power exceeds $200 billion • Close to family , so stay in touch with those past clients
40% is the value of what you are offering Example of Failed Marketing: Really? I need you for that?
Anybody can tell you how much your home is worth, contact us today and we will tell you how to make your home worth MORE! You don’t need to know how much your home is worth, you need to know how to make your home worth MORE! Example of Successful Marketing:
20% is the LOOK What’s wrong with this picture? What’s wrong with this picture? Everything you do offline MUST have a call to action to drive people online!!!
Everything you do offline MUST have a call to action to drive people online. For example: 5 Most Important things you need to know when thinking of selling your home in Schererville
TIME SPENT ONLINE IS ON OF ALL
• Your next best customer is connected to your current customers Value of Facebook
OUT OF EVERY minutes spent online is spent on
Over 1 billion users Avg. user has 229 Friends 229 Friends!
Separating Personal & Professional • Leverage your SOI through Social Media by separating your personal and professional life.
Page Profile Page vs Profile Direct Messaging Ads Insights SEO Compliance Custom Tabs
Page vs Profile Page Profile Used for Business Personal Unlimited “likes” 5,000 Friends Posts Appear in News Feed (Public) Posts Appear to Friends Anyone Can Like Have to Approve Each Friend Customized With Apps Can add games Found by Search Engines Depends on Privacy Settings Posts come from Page (Business) Posts From Profile Admins Are Not Visible N/A Custom URL/Username Username Insights About Visitors No Insights
SEO Links to different parts of your website Branded cover photo with contact info Professional Page
What Happens in Vegas…
…stays on Facebook! Check your privacy settings!
• Click on the Lock icon in the top right of your profile • Select “Who can see my stuff?” Privacy Settings
• Set “Who can see my future posts” to Friends Privacy Settings
• Limiting Previous content – Like that weekend in Vegas • Go to “See More Settings” Privacy Settings
• Click on Limit Past Posts • Select Limit Old Posts Privacy Settings
Creating Contact Lists • Help you organize your connects • Allow you to target specific groups of leads and tailor your messaging to them • Easier way to engage with your clients posts
• Use the left navigation from your home page and select “MORE” across from FRIENDS • Or go to www.facebook.com/bookmarks/lists Creating Contact Lists
• Then choose “Create List” Separating Personal & Professional
• Name the list and start typing the names of people you want to add Creating Lists
• Lists – Clients, Prospects/Leads, Family, Friends, Neighborhood Farms, etc. Creating Contact Lists
• Select the list from the left navigation of your home page Posting To A List
• Enter your messaging the same way you would for a normal post Posting To A List
• You can also select a list by using the drop down menu on in the status box Posting to a List
• www.facebook.com/pages/create • Choose Local Business or Place Create A Page
• Choose “Real Estate” for the Category • Enter your business address and phone number Create A Page
• Think back to the branding exercise • What’s your niche and target market? – Exp: Burke Smith – Luxury Homes For Sale in Schererville Naming Your Page
Fill Out Your Info • Category • Description • Mark Yes * *Skip for now • Website
Categories • Choose what 2-3 best represent your business – Real Estate Agent, Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Service
• Include the most important information about what you offer to your audience • Important: Include your website URL • Example – YOUR NAME selling homes in LIST COMMUNITIES. Visit www.YOURWEBSITE.com to find your next home Short Description
Skip the next step
Add Your Page to Favorites • Easy access from your home page
Skip the next step
Admin Panel • This is your business page’s HQ and the 1st thing you’ll see when on your page • From here you can: – Create posts – Edit your page – View messages – Discover who likes your page – See insights and more
Admin Panel Insights
Upload A Cover Image
Your Cover Image • Should be unique and eye catching • High quality
Add or Change Cover
• Easy to use • Allow access to your likes, photos, and photos shared with you. • create a montage cover showing a group of your friends or some of your likes. • Free, but contains branding in the image. It's a super low lifetime fee of $1.50 to remove the branding, and it also gives you access to filters, instant uploads, and downloading images to your desktop. Pic Scatter
Unlike Pic Scatter, Timeline Cover Banner is totally free and does not contain any branding. It's not as simple, but if you want total control over your Facebook Timeline's cover image, this will do the trick. Their tool lets you upload any image (or images) of your choice, which you can then edit or add text to. You can also select from one of many free background images in their gallery. Once you've perfected your cover image, it will download right to your desktop. The big plus here? There's no need to connect via Facebook! Timeline Cover Banner
Upload a Profile Picture
• The more you fill out the easier you are to find Fill Out Your Info Focus on Keywords
• Enter – Phone – Email – Long Description – Hours Fill Out Your Info
Making Changes To Your Page • To update information such as the name, address, phone, email, website, or description • To go your page and from the Admin Panel at the top select Edit Page > Update Page Info • Then click on Edit next to the information you want to change
Making Changes To Your Page
Facebook URL www.facebook.com/pages/HSA-Home-Warranty/39865544017766454852 www.facebook.com/HSAHomeWarranty (72 Characters) (32 Characters) VS.
Page Name IS NOT the URL URL “YourNetCoach” Page Name
Guidelines • Your username should be straightforward and easy to remember • As close as possible to the name of your business • Choose carefully usernames are permanent and non-transferable • If you enter your username incorrectly you may change it ONCE • Use only alphanumeric characters (a-z, 0-9) • You may include periods and capital letters to make your username easier to read, but these won't affect how people find your Page For example, www.facebook.com/HSAHomeWarranty and www.facebook.com/HSA.Home.Warranty go to the same Page.
Set Up Your URL • Edit Page>Update Info>Username
• 1st Page or after 25 Likes Requirements: Set Up Your URL • Enter your desired URL and check availability
• What you see when you log in to Facebook • Updates from friends and pages you have liked • 96% of your fans aren’t coming back to your page to view posts. The News Feed
• Keep it short – Posts between 100 and 250 characters get 60% more likes, comments and shares than posts over 250 characters Maximizing Reach Source: www.postrocket.com • Be visual – Posting photos, and videos get 120% and 100% more engagement respectively. – Tip: Try posting a link with a photo and add the article title and URL in the caption
• Photo album with a link Example
• Ask for what you want — Asking simple opinion-driven questions or “fill-in- the-blanks” will bring in 90%more engagement than the average post Source: www.postrocket.com Maximizing Reach • Post Daily ― Remember that 96% of your fans aren’t coming back to your page to view posts. So posting consistently is the only way to consistently reach them
Maximizing Reach • Be relevant, but not pushy — Posts related to, but not directly about your brand perform best. For example, if you’re a muffin shop posts should be about recipes and baking tips – not politics, religion or cats • Be timely — Test out different times to find what works best for your audience then stick with them
CONCENTRATE ON BEING INTERESTED INSTEAD OF INTERESTING
The Sweet Spot
Quality engagement that drives business results
What To Post
• Use Insights! When To Post
• From your admin panel click on “See Insights”
• Click on posts and use the graphs below to find the best times to post Post at the peak of traffic
• Compose a post • Click on the clock • Select a date Scheduling a Post
Getting people to your page
Inviting Your Friends
• From the Admin Panel of your page select Invite Friends under Build Audience • If a friend is grayed out you have already invited them and may not do so again
• Choose All Friends from the drop down menu • Check the box next to the friends you wish to invite
Invite Email Contacts
• Select Invite Email Contacts under Build Audience • Choose Other Tools
• Select a .CSV file of your contacts • Unselect any contacts you don’t want to invite • Click Preview Invitation
• This is how your invitations will appear to people who are on Facebook
Over 200 Million and Growing
Facts & Figures • 277 million members • 7,610 searches on LinkedIn Every Minute • Has a 3X higher visitor-to-lead-conversion rate than Facebook and Twitter
Your Network and Degrees of Connection What does "your network" and "out of network" mean? • On LinkedIn, people in your network are called connections and your network is made up of your 1st-degree, 2nd-degree, and 3rd- degree connections and fellow members of your LinkedIn Groups. • 1st-degree - People you're directly connected to because you have accepted their invitation to connect, or they have accepted your invitation. You'll see a 1st degree icon next to their name in search results and on their profile. You can contact them by sending a message on LinkedIn.
2nd-degree • People who are connected to your 1st-degree connections. You'll see a 2nd degree icon next to their name in search results and on their profile. You can send them an invitation by clicking Connect or contact them through an InMail or an introduction.
3rd-degree - People who are connected to your 2nd- degree connections. You'll see a 3rd degree icon next to their name. You can send them an invitation by clicking Connect or contact them through an InMail or an introduction.
Getting found on LinkedIn • Complete your profile • Make your profile public • Set your URL
What makes your Profile Complete? • Your industry and location • A current position (with description) • 2 past positions • Your education • Your skills (min. of 3) • A profile photo • 50+ connections
100% Complete LinkedIn Profile 1) Add a profile photo 2) List current position + at least 2 prior jobs 3) 5 or more skills on your profile 4) Write a summary about yourself 5) Fill out your industry and zip code 6) Add where you went to school 7) Have 50 or more connections Reach out to professionals such as CPAs instead of attorneys
• Use Keywords where possible – Headline – Summary – Interests When Filling Out Your Profile
• Under profile select Edit Profile • Select the Edit button underneath your picture, and across from your url Make Your Profile Public
• Make sure the radio button next to Make my public profile visible to everyone is selected Make Your Profile Public
Set your URL • Click customize your public profile URL • Enter your name, NOT the name of your company and set the URL
Getting recognized for specific skills and expertise
• Real Estate • Real Estate Development • Real Estate Transactions • Commercial Real Estate • Real Estate Economics • Corporate Real Estate • Real Estate Financing • Real Estate License • Residential Homes • First Time Home Buyers • First Time Home Sellers • New Home Sales • Single Family Homes • Home Staging • Real Estate Staging • Existing Home Sales • Certified New Home Sales Professional • Condos • Apartments • Valuation • Financial Analysis • High Value Homes • Buyer representation • Move up Buyers • National Association of Realtors Add These Skills
• Under Profile select Edit Profile • Scroll down to Skills and Endorsements • Select Edit
• Enter a new skill and click Add • When you’ve entered all your skills click Save
You can endorse your connections for their skills with a single click
• Endorse your connections by visiting their profile and using the blue box at the top
Your picture will appear on their profile next to skills you have endorsed
See who’s endorsed you by scrolling down to the Skills and Expertise section of your profile
75%of home sellers say they are more likely to list with an agent who uses video Only 1% of realtors use a YouTube account to market themselves and their listings
State the problem… • 92% of Buyers will start their search on the web • 70% will start on Google • 75% of sellers say they prefer to list with an agent who uses video to sell their home • Only 12% of real estate agents have a YouTube channel • Only 1% of agents use YouTube to market their listings
• Real estate professionals, brokerages and brands are embracing video now more than ever before YouTube Advantages
• Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that's almost an hour for every person on Earth • 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute YouTube Advantages
• According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network YouTube Advantages Your next first time home buyer/seller Now outnumber baby-boomers! Would you have advertised during Cheers or Friends or M.A.S.H. if you could have?
• YouTube videos are a large factor in determining Google search rankings YouTube Advantages
• Sites that showcase relevant YouTube videos rank higher in organic search results • This means posting and linking to these videos gives you an advantage over other real estate professionals YouTube Advantages
• People trust content from videos more than any other medium • Videos attract 300% more traffic and leads than traditional marketing(Marketing Sherpa) YouTube Advantages
• YouTube is your mobile advertising platform it’s available on hundreds of top mobile devices YouTube Advantages
• Video is the most engaging and versatile content • Can be used on your – Website – Email – Facebook – Twitter – LinkedIn – Blog YouTube Advantages
Making a Video
• 720p HD Video Smart Phones are all you need
• Easy, Fast Recording • Quick touch up tools • Instant uploads to YouTube and all other social networks from your phone • IPhone only YouTube Capture
• Boom Mic • $40 Audio • Lapel Mic • $30-$60
• Have a Plan • Keep it Short –1-3 minute videos • Make Content Not Ads • Have a clear and concise call to action Best Practices
• iMovie (Mac Only) • Windows Movie Maker (Windows) • YouTube (Edit Online) Video Editing
YouTube Editor • Annotations (links on video) • Royalty free music • Simple editing
Effective Real Estate Videos
• Agent Profiles – Great way to introduce yourself to a wider audience in a more personal way – Well done agent profiles increase the time spent on site by prospects – Prospects who call an agent after watching a video profile are far more qualified based on the investment they’ve made in learning about the agent Effective Real Estate Videos
• Property Videos – Use property photos to create a branded slideshow tour of a listing – Include pricing information and a link to the listing in the description Effective Real Estate Videos
• Neighborhood Profiles – Use video to help prospective home buyers learn about cities or neighborhoods – Hyperlocal – Focus on selling the community, not just the listing 7,500 + Views Effective Real Estate Videos
• Real Estate Industry Current Events – Establish yourself as an expert by discussing current changes in your real estate market 16,500+ Views Effective Real Estate Videos
• Corporate Communication – Using video for corporate communications can be a great way to get the word out about change, both externally and internally Effective Real Estate Videos
• Testimonials – Ask your best clients to say a few words about what it’s like working with you – Take a video camera with you whenever you're out with clients 4,000+ Views Effective Real Estate Videos
Effective Real Estate Videos • Pre-listing presentation video – Create a video with your value proposition, why a seller should pick you and send it to potential clients before you meet in person
• Open House Promotions – Give people a sneak peek at a new property and let them know when the next open house will be 340+ Views Effective Real Estate Videos
• How To Videos – Real estate can be a big complicated world for your clients. Help them navigate with short, informational videos that include answers to common questions you receive 325+ Views Effective Real Estate Videos
• How to purchase a home • Lease-to-own tips • How short sales work • Renovation tips • Community events • Public services – Schools, local government Effective Real Estate Videos
Setting Up A Channel For Your Business
• You NEED a Google Account • If you have a Gmail for your business use it! Setting Up A Channel
• Go to www.YouTube.com and choose create an account or login if you have a Google account
• Fill in the required information
• Verify your Email
• After you are logged in click the drop down arrow on the top right and select Settings • Select Click Here right underneath your name to create a channel for your business
• Enter your business name and category then hit Create Channel
• If you already have an account go to YouTube Settings
• Click on “Create a new channel”
• Choose a Channel Name • Select Company Institution or Organization for the Category • Agree to the Pages Terms
• Select a Profile Picture • This is linked to your Google + profile picture
• Set your channel art
• Set your URL
Once set your URL is permanent and can never be changed!
Seriously. . . It’s permanent
• Click on your profile in the top right and select YouTube Settings
• Choose Advanced
• Click Create Custom URL
Think it over
Add A Description
• Click on the pencil icon
• Channel Description – Highlight your most important content up front and add a link to your website – The description also shows up in the About Tab for a channel and is a valuable resource for subscribers to find out more – Include relevant contact information (email, phone, etc) – Remember to think about your description as it shows up on YouTube and in search results.
• Add Links to: – Your Website – Facebook – Twitter – LinkedIn – Pinterest Include Links To Other Social Networks
• Can add 4 social links to your profile • However only 1 link to an external site can appear on your channel art
• Click on the pencil icon directly below the description
• Use this to drive traffic to your website. Check this box Add your website
Uploading a Video • It’s the details that make the difference • Think about what your clients would search for
• Select Upload, then Select files to upload. Uploading a Video Note: You can also drag and drop a video file into this area to upload it
Uploading a Video Category Privacy Settings Tags Description Share This Link
• Title: What you want to call your video • Include Keywords • Keep branding towards the end • Tour of Downtown San Diego by Burke Smith Real Estate Agent not Burke Smith Real Estate Agent – Tour of Downtown San Diego • Description: include keywords, your company name, a link to your website and your contact information on every video • Only the first few sentences of your video description will appear in search results
• Tags: These are keywords that help identify your video and business • For example, if you’re a realtor posting a video on how to stage a home, you might use the following tags: [Home Staging], [How to Sell Your Home], [Name of Your Business]
• Privacy Settings • Public – anyone can view your video • Unlisted - only people who have the link to will be able to view your video • Private - only those who you list can view the video
• Category: Select a subject matter category that’s most relevant for your business. Most often “Real Estate” • Advanced Settings: These settings are optional and allow you to include information about the video location and recording date, and settings for comments.
Do Not Make the #1 Uploading Mistake!
Have a URL at the beginning of the description
• KISS: Keep It Short and Sweet (3 minutes is good) • Take advantage of video annotations to share more videos with your audience • NEVER compromise quality! • Make sure to include your full contact information in the video YouTube Production Review
• tours for available properties • welcome video that showcases your expertise • client testimonial videos • neighborhood tours • Real Estate trends in your area • how-to videos for home sellers to help them get the highest possible price (staging, before & after, rehab) • home-buying tips and best practices (first time home sellers) YouTube Video Ideas Review
• Keywords in the Title • Keywords in the Description • Use Tags • Check the Transcription • Keywords in the file name of the video Uploading Review
• Respond promptly and informatively to people’s comments on your videos • Thoughtfully comment on videos that are interesting to your target clients to increase your channel’s visibility • YouTube Video response is a very powerful feature if used wisely YouTube Networking Tips
The key to successful YouTube marketing is creating
Business placed on the 1st page of search results You’ve already created a page Think of it as this generations Yellow Pages Just as you had to be in the Yellow Pages you NEED to be listed here
Get found, right when your customers are most interested.
What About Google Places? • Now Google + Local
Homes for sale in Indianapolis
When your customers search on Google, the results to the right may include relevant posts, photos, and videos from your Google+ page. Schererville Real Estate Agent
Search: Schererville Real Estate Agent
• Go to www.plus.google.com and sign in with a Google account or create a new account Creating a Google + Page
• Fill in the required information
• Verify your Email
From your Google Plus profile go to Home in the upper left corner and select Pages
Click Create a page Choose Local Business or Place
• Search for your business and if you find a matching result you can click on it to claim the page other wise choose No not my business
• Enter your business information and click Verify by postcard
• Now we’re ready to fill out your info
• If you already had a Google Page made or had to claim your page this is where you can join in
• Use Dashboard in the upper left hand corner drop down menu to access to your page’s Activity center • From here you can see if you’re missing information, verify your page, start a G+ chat with your followers and more
Google + Dashboard • Add Managers • Delete • Transfer ownership • Verify your page
Google + Dashboard • Start a video Hangout • Edit information about your business
• Complete your page • Use the progress bar at the top to see what you’re missing – Hours of operation – Upload Photos of your team and building – Add an introduction
Verifying Your Page • After you’ve filled out your information you can Verify your page
Request a Pin
When the pin arrives, log back into your Google + Dashboard, enter the pin and your page will be verified
HSA Social Media Resources Facebook.com/HSAhomewarranty
Video Walkthroughs • www.YouTube.com/HSAWarranty
Never Give Up
Just a Thought… Everybody is…. • Tweeting • Facebooking • Blogging • Texting • Pinging • Posting • Emailing Nobody is… • Doorknocking • Farming • Calling • Talking • Writing • Mailing • Living Your opportunity is to combine these two columns!!!!!
Thank You! Burke.Smith@onlinehsa.com Brian.Geick@onlinehsa.com
Connect With Burke @BurkeJSmith Facebook.com/yournetcoach Burke Smith
9876557500 | 9872076706 | WAVE APARTMENTS MOHALI SECTOR 99 | WAVE APARTMENTS COMIN...
Find out our slection of luxury properties in Provence and on the French Riviera (...
Find out this lovely recent and luxury property in the soth of France near airport...
Map of the Boston Commercial Real Estate market by industry and area.
29 Palms residential lot in developing area of 29 Palms. Clean pristine desert vi...
Social Media resources for ... education series on Winning Listings and Converting Buyers with Social ... Winning Listings and Converting Buyers ...
MarketingProfs video providing incite to ... email marketing program to gather and convert ... through SEO, content, and social media.
Are you constantly doing the worst thing possible on social media and just ... free seminars we at ... to win more listings and convert more buyers.
National Seminars Training helps individuals and organizations achieve greater success with live and online training.
Social Media Strategies Summit is a social media marketing conference focused on providing ... Social Media Strategies Summit has assembled a group of ...
... //thedma.org/", "resultstype": "vertical" ... Social Media Marketing; View All ... The Channels Where Marketers Are Winning…Or Falling Behind.
Real estate marketing is ... Make sure you have social media ... consider creating a mobile app that potential buyers can use to review listings. ...
National Business Institute (NBI) provides continuing legal education (CLE) training seminars, ... Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana;
Social Media Marketing World 2017 is the world's largest social media marketing conference. By attending, ...
Attract more new home buyers. Engage website visitors. Convert more new home sales. ... Learn more about listing your homes on the leading new ... BDX in ...