Published on March 16, 2016
1. WINE FACTS stevenzoernack.com | stevenzoernack.net
2. In an experiment conducted in 2001 at the University of Bordeaux, every one of the 54 undergraduates in wine making and tasting thought they were tasting a red wine while it was actually a dyed white wine. Furthermore, when comparing identical wine of different prices, experts raved about the expensive wine while panning the cheap wine.
3. The world’s oldest person attributed her ripe old age (122) to a diet of olive oil, port wine and 1kg of chocolate per week.
4. The ancient Greeks had a wine glass to ensure the drinker’s moderation. If wine was poured above a certain level, the cup spilled its entire contents out of the bottom.
5. During the prohibition, grape juice mix was sold with the warning “After dissolving the brick in a gallon of water, do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days, because then it would turn into wine.”
6. Ancient Egyptians developed the wine label.
7. The Swedish former physical education teacher, Richard Juhlin has the best nose for wine (champagne specifically) and in famous blind tasting of 2003, arranged by Spectacle du Monde, he correctly identified 43 of 50 wines. The one who came in second correctly identified only four.
8. All Royal Navy vessels wishing to enter The Port of London are still required to give a gift of a barrel of rum or wine to Constable of the Tower of London upon entry.
9. The oldest preserved bottle of wine is nearly 1700 years old and it is on display in a German museum.
10. The custom of bumping glasses with a “cheers” greeting came from old Rome where they used this method to make sure no one is trying to poison the other (bumping glasses makes the drink spill from one cup to the other). This tradition started even earlier in ancient Greece – where the host was to drink the first cup of wine to show his guests he does not intend to poison them.
wiine.me is coming up with 10 wine facts that you probably dont know! Want to become a wine connoisseur? join us for the wine revolution!
Features interesting wine facts, including little-known statistics, its place in literature and religion, and wine tips.
Wine Facts, Statistics and other Information. There is over 10.000 wine grapes varieties worldwide. Vine became useful 3 years after it was planted, it can ...
web,grafik,graphic,design ... web- und grafikdesign aus berlin handgemacht, digital & analog
Wine was discovered about 6,000 years ago in either Mesopotamia, Palestine/Israel or what is now called Georgia. It originally fermented by ...
Interesting Wine Facts & Definitions . After checking out these great facts on wine, make sure to use discount code 8W15R for a 15% savings on any item!
Winefacts offers a comprehensive range of statistics, data, analysis and insights to assist business decision making within the Australian wine sector.
Hosting a wine and cheese party? Get the conversation started with these fun facts about wine from ultimate wine educator Kevin Zraly. Then see if your ...
Random Wine Facts @ randomwinefacts. Supplying everyone who wants to know Random Wine Facts from basic to advanced level
Read some fun and interesting wine facts. How many wine grape varieties are there? Where is the oldest wine cellar in the world? Lots more.