Published on October 6, 2017
1. WHOLESALE MARKETING STRATEGY IDEAS FOR DISTRIBUTORS
2. CONTENTS Part 1: Formulating Your Wholesale Marketing Strategy Part 2: Wholesale Marketing Ideas You Can Use To Attract New Customers Part 3: Wholesale Promotion Ideas For Encouraging Orders Part 4: How To Increase Wholesale Sales Part 5: Putting Your Strategy Together 2
3. FORMULATING YOUR WHOLESALE MARKETING STRATEGY 3 1.
4. “When something works do more of it. At the same, you need to aggressively cut the things that aren’t working. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting and trying new channels. But you need to know when to stop. Be ruthless. – Noah Kagan, OkDork.com 4
5. FOCUSING YOUR WHOLESALE MARKETING STRATEGY TO THREE AREAS » Attracting new wholesale customers » Getting more orders from your wholesale customers » Increasing the sales from your wholesale business 5
6. WHOLESALE MARKETING IDEAS TO ATTRACT NEW CUSTOMERS 6 2.
7. THE FIRST (AND MOST ESSENTIAL) TACTIC » Make a list of 100 ideal businesses that you would like to have as customers. » Why 100? Because finding the first 20 for your list will be easy. But finding the other 80 is going to be a challenge and that’s where the rubber meets the road. 7
8. COLD CALLING 1. Make your calls in the morning 2. Have a list of talking points, don’t use a script 3. Make it habitual and reward yourself 8
9. COLD MAILING (DIRECT MAIL) » Make a list of prospects, send them some direct mail and watch for the response rate. » Personalization is great for increasing the response rate on direct mail pieces. 9
10. COLD EMAILS » Make a list of prospects, send them some direct mail and watch for the response rate. » Personalization is great for increasing the response rate on direct mail pieces. 10
11. IDENTIFYING WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS IN YOUR CURRENT LIST » Customers that have provided a company name while ordering » Customers that have ordered larger quantities » Customers that have ordered multiple times over the last 12 months 11
12. ATTEND RELEVANT TRADESHOWS & MEETUPS » Be proactive in attracting people into your booth by using games, free samples and inviting them to try your products. » Make sure you collect contact information for as many attendees as you can. » It’s super important to follow up every single lead. 12
13. PROFILE YOUR EXISTING WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS » How big is their business? » What is their industry vertical? » What geographical area do they serve? » What other products do they sell? » Do they have a physical store? Is it in a complex, strip mall, a department store? 13
14. ADD YOURSELF TO INDUSTRY DIRECTORIES AS A SUPPLIER Here are a few of the larger more popular business supplier directories you can be listed in: » ThomasNet » Kompass » MasterSeek Or find relevant directories by Googling the phrase “industry directory [your niche here]” 14
15. MAKE YOUR WHOLESALE RECRUITMENT PAGE SHINE 1. Dispense general information about your wholesale program 2. Set expectations and terms 3. Provide a rosy picture of what it’s like being a wholesale customer 4. Encourage people to register for a wholesale account 15
16. WHOLESALE PROMOTION IDEAS FOR ENCOURAGING ORDERS 16 3.
17. REMOVE BARRIERS Barriers stop people from ordering. Barriers can be things like: » Not knowing enough about your products » Surprise shipping charges » Order minimums » The ordering process itself » Not being sure about returns terms & conditions » Lack of sales support 17
18. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION Provide them with everything they need for success: » Product information » Marketing materials » Sales information » Suggestions on product promotion 18
19. OTHER PROMOTION IDEAS » Reduce Or Eliminate The Order Minimum » Free Shipping For First Order » Give Them A Sample Pack » Coupon Discount » Follow-Up 19
20. HOW TO INCREASE WHOLESALE SALES 20 4.
21. HOW TO INCREASE WHOLESALE SALES » Leverage Seasonal Campaigns » Celebrate Your Anniversary » Free Shipping Is Always A Winner » Lower Your Pricing Based On Quantity Ordered 21
22. HOW TO INCREASE WHOLESALE SALES » Make Regular Contact A Habit » Make Ordering Painless » Limited Time Offers » Provide Free Samples Of New Products 22
23. PUTTING YOUR WHOLESALE MARKETING STRATEGY TOGETHER 23 5.
24. WHAT TO DO NEXT? 1. ATTRACT CUSTOMERS 2. GET ORDERS 3. INCREASE ORDER SIZE 24
25. Check out the whole blog post here: https://wholesalesuiteplugin.com/wholesale-marketing- strategy/ 25 If something is working well, double down on it hard. If something is not working, be ruthless and cut it from your strategy. Presentation Template by: SlideCarnival