Published on February 18, 2014
• There are 3 rounds in the quiz: Round 1) MCQ Round 2) Riddles Round 3) Visual Round In MCQ Round, all the incorrect options will disappear and only the correct answer will be left..! Riddles Round is just an interactive and a mind fresher round..! If you will solve the quiz think that you have successfully become a mathematician. Note: All questions are related to class IXth Syllabus except the Riddles Round.
1) Who gave the famous formula for taking out area of a scalene triangle and what is the formula? a) Heron, 1/2 × b × h b) Archimedes, 4 × side c) Archimedes, d) Heron, Answer: (d)
2) What kind of decimal expansion does a rational number have? a) Terminating b) Non-terminating c) Reoccurring d) All of these Answer: (d)
3) The highest exponent in a polynomial: a) Degree b) Mode c) Mean d) None of these Answer: (a)
4) Which of the following is incorrect: a) It is possible to extend a line segment continuously in both directions. b) Things which are equal to the same thing are also equal to one another. c) If equals are added to equals, the wholes are unequal. d) The whole is greater than the part. Answer: (a)
5) If a transversal intersects 2 parallel lines, then ______ angles are equal a) Alternate interior angles b) Corresponding angles c) Both (a) and (b) d) None of these Answer: (c)
6) 2 adjacent angles on a straight line add upto 180 degrees by _____ Theorem. a) Corresponding Angles b) Linear Pair c) Vertically opposite d) None of these Answer: (b)
1) A lady buys goods worth Rs. 200 from a shop (shopkeeper selling goods with zero profit) lady pays with a 1000 Rs note to the shopkeeper. He gets change from the next shop & keeps 200 for himself & returns 800 to the lady. After sometime the next shop owner returns the 1000 Rs. note saying it is fake & takes the money back. How much loss did the shopkeeper suffer?
Answer: Rs 1000 Profit or Loss= Money Received-Money Given In this case, Fake note is Equivalent to Rs. 0 So, Actual Money Received= Rs. 0 (Lady) +Rs. 1000 (Neighbour) ---------------------------------Total= Rs. 1000 ---------------------------------Money Given=Rs. 200 (Goods) Rs. 800 (Change to Lady) Rs.1000(Neighbour) ---------------------------------------Total=Rs. 2000 ---------------------------------------Profit/Loss= Money Received-Money Given =Rs.1000-Rs.2000 =Rs. -1000 Thus a Loss of Rs. 1000
2) How can you add eight 8's to get the number 1,000? (only use addition) Answer: 888 +88 +8 +8 +8 =1,000
1) Identify the mathematician: Answer: Heron
2) Identify the mathematician: Answer: Ramanujan
3) Identify the mathematician: Answer: Euclid
4) Identify the mathematician: Answer:Pythagoras
5) Identify the mathematician: Answer:Euler
6) What is the different between the two figures? Answer: First figure is a simple circle whereas the second figure shows concentric circles.
7) In the following figure identify the corresponding angles? Answer: a-g, d-f, c-e, b-h
8) In the following figure identify the alternate interior angles? Answer: b-f, c-g
9) In the following figure what is the sum of pair of angles c-f and what kind of angles are these? Answer: 180 °, Co-Interior angles
10) In the following figure the sum of angles a, b and c is and by which property? Answer: 180 °, Angle Sum Property
11) In the following figure show Exterior angle property? Answer: ∠d= ∠a + ∠b
12) In the following figure ∠a = ∠b by which property? Answer: Vertically Opposite angles
Made by : Samyak Jain
Who Wants to Be a Mathematician Sponsors. Sponsor the Game. News. Recent Games. 2015 National Game Championship; ARML-University of Georgia on May 29, 2015;
The National Who Wants to Be a Mathematician . Dates for the 2016 National Who Wants to Be a Mathematician: ...
Who Wants to be a Mathematician? Home; Maths; Mental Starters; ... The class are told of the game based on the ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire?’ TV ...
University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Search this site, ... Past participants in the national Who Wants to Be a Mathematician are eligible to compete again.
The Semi-Finals and Final of this year's Who Wants To Be a Mathematician run by the AMS took ... So You Want to Get a PhD in Mathematics ...
In the American Mathematical Society contest Who Wants to Be a Mathematician, ...
Title: Who Wants To Be a Mathematician? Author: Doug Kirchberg Last modified by. Created Date: 3/11/2004 6:12:58 PM Document presentation format
The AMS began Who Wants to Be a Mathematician in 2001 and has been held at universities and science centers from Boston to Hawaii.
... visit us at: http://www.maplesoft.com/products/Mapleta/?ref=youtube Who Wants to Be a Mathematician - Beginner's Guide for Students Onl ...
Who Wants to Be a Mathematician? Above, contestant Alexander Zhu, host Mike Breen and winner Linus Hamilton. About 6,000 mathematicians descended on ...