Published on June 4, 2017
1. When dealing with a hurtful person/people Lessons from Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) 1 This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
2. Sahih Bukhari 2: 3405 Narrated `Abdullah: Once the Prophet ( ﷺ) distributed something (among his followers. A man said, "This distribution has not been done (with justice) seeking Allah's Countenance." I went to the Prophet ( ﷺ) and told him (of that). He became so angry that I saw the signs of anger oh his face. Then he said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on Moses, for he was harmed more (in a worse manner) than this; yet he endured patiently." https://youtu.be/-g9QLgfrs1Y 2
3. Strategies to deal with hurtful situation as read from this hadith Begin with • Calling on Allah • With Doa 01 Proceed to •Recall at least one predecessor of Islam •Who suffered similar hurt •Make doa for him/her 02 End with • Mindful that the torment of the past is far worse • Being mindful you are not alone • Mindful that you too will make it through hurt like them. 03
4. The thing NOT to do Use the opportunity to bad mouth them Lose the opportunity for ibadah (i.e. through doa) Lose the opportunity to draw strength (emotional, psychological, spiritual) from the experience of hurt.
5. See negative episodes in our lives as opportunities To strengthen ties with ALLAH through positive actions & ibadah To connect with community of ambiya’a to grow stronger as a spiritual being 5