Published on October 1, 2014
1. Mobile Ad Copy What SEMs Should Be Doing with Mobile Insights into the mobile ad user and what marketers need to ensure they are doing to appeal to those users on mobile devices. Insights and case studies on mobile ad copy testing and landing page performance. Additional insights into what marketers can do in the mobile marketing space without a mobile website and/or a responsive website design
2. Introduction • Agenda – Who Am I? – Importance of Mobile Ads – What You Should Be Testing • List • Examples • Extensions
3. Nick Lindauer
4. Source: Google - The New Multi-screen World: Understanding Cross-Platform Consumer Behavior
5. MOBILE ADS DESKTOP ADS
6. Mobile Search Growth COPYRIGHT CERTIFIED KNOWLEDGE 2014 6 • By December 2015, mobile devices will account for 50% of all paid-search clicks (spending surpasses in 2017) • Average CTR is 3.7% (vs. 2.7 and 2.5 for tablets and desktops) Source: Marin Software, eMarketer (for mobile spend estimate)
7. Quality Score by Device
8. Mobile Ad Creation
9. What Should You Test?
10. Never stop testing, and your advertising will never stop improving. ~ David Ogilvy
11. What to Test Things to Test Now 1. Landing Pages 2. Display URLs 3. CTAs 4. Ad Copy/Message Intent 5. Sitelinks 6. Extensions 7. Ad Rotation 8. Day Parting
12. Mobile Landing Pages Source: Tecture
13. Display URLS COPYRIGHT CERTIFIED KNOWLEDGE 2014 13 Ad Desktop CTR Mobile CTR Desktop CR Mobile CR Winner <headline> <same description 1> <same description 2> Test.com/Widgets 1.27% 1.70% 2.52% 0.87% DESKTOP <same headline> <same description 1> <same description 2> Widgets.Test.com/Mobile N/A 9.45% N/A 1.56% <same headline> <same description 1> <same description 2> M.Test.com/Widgets N/A 8.75% N/A 1.63% <same headline> <same description 1> <same description 2> Test.com/Mobile N/A 11.75% N/A 3.26% MOBILE <same headline> <same description 1> <same description 2> Test.com/iPhone N/A 12.23% N/A 2.51%
14. 81 percent of conversions (defined as store visits, calls or purchases) triggered by mobile search occur within five hours Google – Creating Moments That Matter
15. CTAs Ad Desktop CTR Mobile CTR Desktop CR Mobile CR Winner Texas Maritime Lawyer <same description 1> Call Us for a Free Case Review! 4.3% 13.6% 4.2% 7.1% MOBILE Texas Maritime Lawyer <same description 1> Phone Us for a Free Case Review! 2.5% 11% 3.65% 4.3% Texas Maritime Lawyer <same description 1> Ring Us for a Free Case Review! 3.25% 9.75% 4.3% 5.3% Texas Maritime Lawyer <same description 1> Contact Us for a Free Case Review! 7.8% 3.2% 6.8% 5.3% DESKTOP
16. Including a city name in mobile ads increases click-through rates as much as 200 percent Source: MediaPost
17. Message Intent COPYRIGHT CERTIFIED KNOWLEDGE 2014 17 @bgTheory Ad Desktop CTR Mobile CTR Desktop CR Mobile CR Winner <headline> <same description 1> Buy <var> Now! 3.8% 1.1% 1.36% 0.98% DESKTOP <same headline> <same description 1> Find the Location Near You! 3.5% 8.7% 1.25% 6.25% MOBILE Why Consumers Use Mobile Devices (for purchase or purchase consideration): • Impulse buying (As seen on TV) • Influenced buying (Research – Instagram to Search, to Purchase) • Assisted buying moments (Purchase 1 leads to Purchase 2) • Assisted Sales – Mobile to In Store (location)
18. 77 percent of mobile searches occur at home or work—even if a PC is nearby and readily available Source: Search Engine Land
19. Ad Extensions “By eliminating the second line of ad text, we give businesses another point of engagement with customers in their ads - in this case, it's the additional location extension," - Senthil Hariramasamy, product manager at AdWords Starting October 15, Google says ad extensions may be displayed instead of the second line of ad text on its mobile search ads and the second description line may or may not show, depending on how well it is expected to perform.
20. Mobile Sitelinks & Extensions Location Extensions Click to Call Sitelinks
21. 40 percent of mobile searches happen between 6pm and 12pm Source: MarketingPilgrim
22. Ad Rotation & Day Parting
23. Smartphone use most often occurs during travel (72%) in restaurants (64%) and in stores (63%) Tablet use most often occurs in the living room (88%) or bedroom (79%) compared to at work (24%) Source: Vocus
24. Contact Company: Contact: Email: Web: Twitter: Forthea Nick Lindauer email@example.com Forthea.com @nlindauer
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
... What Search Marketers Should ... Filing a DMCA take down notice with the search engines. When a search marketer ... Five Reasons Why The Mobile ...
You won't find these search engines in the search market ... Alternative Search Engines Marketers Should Pay ... to keep our eyes open for mobile search.
Search engine marketing ... Here marketers place ads on other sites or portals that carry information ... Search engines were not important to some ...
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ... What Marketers Should Be Doing for Mother ... Peter Roesler president of Web Marketing Pros has an extensive ...
How Are Search Marketers ... For anyone looking to understand or reach professional search engine marketers ... Which publications you should be ...
So What Does a Search Marketer Do? ... or what “search engine” you use, or even mobile ... At this stage in the game an online search marketer should ...
9 Things Enrollment Marketers Should Be Doing Now to Prepare for Fall. ... Search Engine Marketing; Mobile Marketing; Social Media Marketing; Lead Generation;
Post navigation Why Search Marketers Should Pay Attention to Mobile Web in 2015
Search Engine Land is the leading ... need to know about mobile, and what should they be doing ... that came about in the advanced mobile ...