Published on June 10, 2016
1. What’s With All The Owls? Critical Pedagogy and Student Staff Development Jeremy McGinniss, Summit University @jmymcginniss CAPAL 2015 June 1, 2015
2. “Everything we do is pedagogy.”
3. Additive Cumulative Iterative Relational
4. A position of agency A culture of questions Intervening in the world
5. How can library employment teach/equip/______ student staff for active intervention in the world?
6. Whole human beings in search of meaning
7. Developing skills Integrating knowledge Synthesizing experience
8. “What is the role of the library in the Freireian vision of critical literacy?”
9. “A profound trust in people and their creative power”
10. How can library employment teach/equip/______ student staff for active intervention in the world?
11. Resources Articles • Drabinski, Emily. "Toward a Kairos of Library Instruction." The Journal of Academic Librarianship 40, no. 5 (2014): 480-485. • Elmborg, James. "Critical information literacy: Implications for instructional practice." The Journal of Academic Librarianship 32, no. 2 (2006): 192-199. • Jacobs, Heidi LM. "Information literacy and reflective pedagogical praxis." The Journal of Academic Librarianship 34, no. 3 (2008): 256-262. Books • Freire, Paulo, Ana Maria Araújo Freire, and Paulo Freire. 1994. Pedagogy of hope: reliving Pedagogy of the oppressed. New York: Continuum. • Freire, Paulo. 2000. Pedagogy of the oppressed. New York: Continuum. • Giroux, Henry A. 2011. On critical pedagogy. New York: Continuum International Publishing Group. • Horton, Myles, Brenda Bell, John Gaventa, and John Marshall Peters. 1990. We make the road by walking: conversations on education and social change. Philadelphia: Temple University Press. • Shor, Ira. 1992. Empowering education: critical teaching for social change. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Jeremy McGinniss CAPAL 2015 - 1 What’s With All The Owls? Critical Pedagogy and Student Staff Development Jeremy McGinniss Presentation made at Canadian ...
3A—Critical Pedagogy What’s With All the Owls? Critical Pedagogy and Student Staff ... realize the full potential of student staff development, ...
View 4062 Critical Pedagogy posts, ... ’s critical faculties, ... What's With All the Owls: Critical Pedagogy and Student Staff...
Student choice of activity from ... 1914 of a critical booklet, The Montessori System Examined by ... spontaneously for optimal development. Montessori saw ...
CRITICAL PEDAGOGY IN ... of the ASL/English Bilingual Staff Development Training / 2 ASL/English ... Student 1: becasue all follow the rule by ...
E-Pedagogy Seminar ~ Spring 2008 Schedule Optional Professional Development Opportunity for All Brittain Fellows & Other Interested Faculty and Staff All ...
Currently enrolled first generation college student, ... pedagogy, professional development and ... development and allow an opportunity for all ...
Resources and ideas for pedagogy and professional development, ... critical view when ... train and inspire staff to teach poetry.It includes all the ...
What is Project Based Learning (PBL)? Project Based Learning is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended ...