Published on September 24, 2015
1. 1© Copyright Comviva Technologies Limited. 2015 1 WHAT IS SMS HUB
2. 2© Copyright Comviva Technologies Limited. 2015 The SMS hub is a new structure for the flow of international SMSs between telecom operators, who intend to reshape the way international mobile interoperability works to intermediate SMS traffic and extend the SMS coverage by implementing hubs. Why is an SMS hub required? Traffic from text messaging is increasing rapidly round the globe. At the same time, issues related to interconnectivity and interoperability are gaining momentum. In this scenario, mobile operators are readily inking interworking and roaming agreements. However, the earned revenue benefits from an interworking connection may not justify the investment made towards establishing it. In order to overcome the challenges related to the global text messaging traffic, SMS hubs have outlined a new structure for international SMS interoperability. SMS hubs are an efficient method of establishing, extending and managing interoperability with multiple global telecom connections. They ensure the better coverage of the text message facility provided the various telecom operators.
3. 3© Copyright Comviva Technologies Limited. 2015 Increased global reach - Complex roaming agreements are a major challenge for telecom operators today. It entails multiple payment schemes, coordination of routing policies, legal and regulatory requirements and coordination of routing policies. SMS hubs enable telecom operators to increase the global connectivity without preparing any bilateral roaming agreements. The planning done by an operator to enhance the coverage of their SMS facility does not need to manage various bilateral agreements. The SMS hub can be used for tapping new markets and enabling interworking between the operators. Reduce capital expenditure - The expansion of products and services portfolio from an operator requires increased costs and concerns. The SMS hub eliminates the requirement of investing or scaling up of existing infrastructure while the operators connect to them. The requisites include leveraging the existing technology, software and hardware resources. This omits the requirement to invest in operator specific resources leading to saving on an operator’s CAPEX. Advantages of SMS hub
4. 4© Copyright Comviva Technologies Limited. 2015 Enhance customer service - For most of the telecom operators, managing the high volume of SMS traffic is a significant challenge. With new-age SMS hub gateways, the subscribers are free to send and receive messages locally as well as globally with the same ease. This is well-enabled by the platform’s resilience and high quality. SMS hub for Android and other platforms along with the SMS hub for applications can help telecom operators to enhance their revenue and realize the additional cost efficiencies.
5. 5© Copyright Comviva Technologies Limited. 2015 Disclaimer Copyright © 2015: Comviva Technologies Ltd, Registered Office at A-26, Info City, Sector 34, Gurgaon-122001, Haryana, India. All rights about this document are reserved and shall not be , in whole or in part, copied, photocopied, reproduced, translated, or reduced to any manner including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, machine readable ,photographic, optic recording or otherwise without prior consent, in writing, of Comviva Technologies Ltd (the Company). The information in this document is subject to changes without notice. This describes only the product defined in the introduction of this documentation. This document is intended for the use of prospective customers of the Company Products Solutions and or Services for the sole purpose of the transaction for which the document is submitted. No part of it may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or manner whatsoever without the prior written permission of the company. The Customer, who/which assumes full responsibility for using the document appropriately. The Company welcomes customer comments as part of the process of continuous development and improvement. The Company, has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in the document are adequate, sufficient and free of material errors and omissions. The Company will, if necessary, explain issues, which may not be covered by the document. However, the Company does not assume any liability of whatsoever nature , for any errors in the document except the responsibility to provide correct information when any such error is brought to company’s knowledge. The Company will not be responsible, in any event, for errors in this document or for any damages, incidental or consequential, including monetary losses that might arise from the use of this document or of the information contained in it. This document and the Products, Solutions and Services it describes are intellectual property of the Company and/or of the respective owners thereof, whether such IPR is registered, registrable, pending for registration, applied for registration or not. The only warranties for the Company Products, Solutions and Services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying its products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. The Company shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. The Company logo is a trademark of the Company. Other products, names, logos mentioned in this document , if any , may be trademarks of their respective owners. Thank you Visit us at www.mahindracomviva.com
6. 6© Copyright Comviva Technologies Limited. 2015
... SMS hubs are an efficient method of establishing and managing interoperability. ... What is an SMS Hub? Posted on September 2, 2015 by Mahindra Comviva.
SMS Hubbing is about simplifying the SMS ... Mobile operators can simplify this by connecting to a hub. The SMS Hubbing model reduces ...
Because SMS hubs do not need to be connected to the internet, ... It is quick, cheap and fairly easy to set up an SMS hub, ...
SMS hubs; Interactive voice response sysems; how tos; Case studies; working with mobiles. Security. Top tips; Records on the phone; Monitoring and ...
• The SMS hub is a structure established to regulate the flow of international SMSs between ... • SMS hubs are an efficient method of ...
SMS Hub. 151. MMHAQ Communication. Everyone Add to Wishlist . Adding ... This Brand Name SMS Marketing App allows you to send single and bulk ...
... we take a look at what types of industries use SMS to help benefit their ... The Hub; Support. Knowledge ... SMS Solutions; SMSGlobal News; Connect ...
With our A2P SMS Hub, we help operators instantly gain access to a global reach of 1000+ MNOs, through a single legal, technical and billing relationship.
The SMS Hub Service is a messaging service included in our Mobile portfolio.