Published on March 5, 2014
What Does It Take to be a Great Golfer?
We All Want to Be Great • Every golfer has the dream of being a really phenomenal golfer. • Unfortunately, we can’t all be like Tiger Woods.
Becoming a Legend • So what do Phil Mickelson, Tom Watson and Tiger Woods all have in common? • Find out what the ideal circumstances are for creating a golfing legend.
1. Constant Practice • A professional golfer spends their entire work day on the golf course. • That means constant study and practice. • Physical and mental training keep the golfer’s mind sharp.
2. Proper Training • The actual kind of training that a golfer receives is also important. • Video analysis tools are part of training technique. • Driving, putting, and cutting are all techniques that need to be learned properly.
3. A Good Teacher • The best golfers are taught by former pro golfers. • Experience from a professional career can help with training. • Motivation is also as necessary as training, so a good golf teacher will motivate their student. • Good teachers can be found at schools like the Jim McLean Golf School.
4. A Challenging Course • Challenging courses will test a golfer’s abilities. • Some pro golfers grow up near a golf course, on a golf property or in a golf community. • Golf communities often have the bonus of a golf school.
5. The Right Gear • Without proper equipment, it can be difficult to play golf properly. • Technique can be ruined by golf irons that are the wrong size.
6. A Supportive Team • Family and friends need to be there to support the golfer. • Golf is a psychological battle and friends and family can provide psychological support.
7. Just Plain Talent • Is it skill or talent? • Natural aptitude is necessary for true greatness. • But without the other things, talent can only take you so far.
Get Started on Becoming a Legend • Find a place to live that has golfing amenities. • Train, train and train some more! • Find out if the pro golf life is for you.
5 Traits Every Great Golfer Must ... as does Sergio Garcia and ... weather and even wildlife can take the focus off the preparation for and the ...
How to Be a Pro Golfer: The 7 Critical Steps You Must Take to ... how to be a pro golfer is the idea that without a great looking golf ... it does, because ...
What Does It Take to be a Great Golfer? We All Want to Be Great • Every golfer has the dream of being a really phenomenal golfer. • Unfortunately, we ...
What physical attributes make for ... What does it take to be a professional golfer? ... In order for them to be great golfers, it will take ...
What does it take to be a professional golfer? ... What separates a great caddy from a great golfer? How long does it typically take to become a ...
http://collegeofgolf.keiseruniversity.edu/ Becoming a professional golfer ... What Does It Take to Become a Professional Golfer? ... How do ...
How to Take Great Golf Photos. By NYIP ... It's hard to get a good angle to take golf photos without impairing the golfer's concentration or ... How to ...
You don't need natural ability to play great golf. ... it will take more than practice. ... I'm 59 and a pretty typical golfer ...
How Long Does it Take to Become Good at Golf? 2. ... For those who really want to become great golfers the most important ... How Long Does It Take to Play ...