Published on March 13, 2014
WEEK 6 T.Gruenbaum / ASIS / Y1 – Q3
Today’s Programme Grammar: Quantifiers In Class Tasks 2 & 3 Homework Week 6 Tasks 1-3 & In- class Task 1
1. Some & Any 2. Small Quantities 3. Large Quantities 4. The Right Amount 5. Few & Little Comparisons Quantifiers
1. Some & Any Countable & Uncountable singular nouns Some refers to a certain amount but not all. (+) Any refers to unlimited number of things ( ? /-) I’ve got some money. Have you got any stamps? I bought some clothes yesterday. He doesn’t speak any foreign languages? Do you know any good shoe shops?
1. Some & Any Any – positive sentence Some in a ? = we expect: yes If clause: I love any (kind of) chocolate. He can mend any car. Can I have some milk please? Compare: Have you got any milk? (Perhaps) If you need any help / some help, call me.
2. Small Quantities Let’s just make a few sandwiches for lunch. We had a little trouble with the traffic. Would you like a bit of wine? A few: Countable Nouns A little / a bit of: Uncountable Nouns
2. Small Quantities I speak little Italian, unfortunately . Few people remember their first day at pre-school. After only one week he’s already met a few people. I know quite a few good restaurants. Negative: Few or little a Positive: a few / a little
2. Small Quantities She speaks several languages. Countable Nouns: Several
3. Large Quantities Mainly used in ? / - Much = uncountable Many = countable Hurry up we haven’t got much time. Did you buy many books? Mean the same Countable & Uncountable Nouns + He’s got lots of friends. Much / Many A lot of / Lots of
4. The Right Amount Too much / Uncountable & Too many / Countable Enough Plenty (of) More than we need / than is good I feel a bit sick. I have eaten too much / too many cakes. As much as we need More than we need
Few – Little: Comparisons
Task 2: Some & Any Task 3: Few & Little In Class Task
Answers 1. some 2. any 3. any 4. anyone 5. anything 6. someone 7. any 8. anyone 9. somewhere 10. Some 1. little 2. less 3. fewer 4. less 5. fewest 6. least 7. little 8. least 9. Few 10. fewer
Answers week 6 Tasks 1-3 In-class Week 6 Task 1 Homework
Answers 1. have been raised 2. have risen 3. were reduced 4. has been decreasing 5. would have been lowered 6. has slumped 7. will have been cut 8. will have plummeted 9. fell 10.reached 11.has been declining 12.would level off 13.were raised 14.rose 15.would have dropped 16.will have been increased
http://www.better-english.com/grammar/fewest.htm The End – Thank You.
The Week 6 Power Rankings are in, and we have a new No. 1, folks. OK, so you probably saw the headline. But I just want to make sure Carsen Willey doesn't ...
The New England Patriots continue their dominance over the Buffalo Bills, as quarterback Tom Brady threw for 361 yards and four touchdowns. Patriots win 37-22.
About us. Benang Hijau Collections is the ultimate choice for high quality fabrics and a trendsetter in Malaysia.
Herbst/Winter 2016/17 New York Fashion Week Tag 6. Die Eleganz der 70er-Jahre bei Tory Burch, der Glamour der amerikanischen Cocktailstunde bei Oscar de la ...
At 6 weeks pregnant, your baby is developing more than before! Monitor your pregnancy week-by-week on WhatToExpect.com and download our app.
ACC 557 Week 6 Homework 3 – Strayer New . Due Week 6 and worth 70 points . Directions: Answer the following questions on a separate Microsoft Word or ...
CE Week New York City June 21 - June 24 Metropolitan Pavilion ... 6:00-9:00pm Exhibit Floor open for getgeeked NY tech enthusiasts . Thursday, June 23.
6 weeks pregnant - Get information ... Pregnancy Week By Week How Big is Baby Hospital Bag Checklist Baby Names ... Gifts for New Moms Best Strollers
Big Brother 17 spoilers now include the Week 6 HOH nominations. The BB17 house is also seeing a lot of fireworks, as the two nominees are really upset.