Published on October 1, 2014
1. 5 Steps to Take After Filing Your Mechanics Lien
2. Today’s Agenda Serve the documents to all interested parties Call the person most likely to pay you Monitor foreclosure deadlines and send warnings Send the project to Collections File foreclosure and lawsuit
3. Serve the Documents
4. Service Types Certified Mail Certified Mail Return Receipt Personal / Sheriff Process Server
5. Call the Person Most Likely to Pay •Hiring Party •Property Owner •Surety/ Bonding Agency •Lender
6. Monitor Foreclosure Deadlines & Send Warnings
7. Monitor Deadlines in the LienPilot
8. Enforcement Examples
9. “ Dear Sir or Madam: Having not received payment for the services furnished to your construction project located at _______________, our company filed a mechanics lien against the property. Attempts to collect this debt from relevant parties following this filing has thus far failed. Please be advised that our company intends to proceed with foreclosure of this claim if payment is not arranged within the next seven (7) days. At the end of any such action to foreclosure, a judgment may be rendered against the property in the amount of our mechanics lien claim plus attorneys fees, costs and interest, and the property may be sold to satisfy our claim.
10. Send Project to Collections Find quality collections partner & escalate the collections process
11. zlien Commercial Collections Visit: http://www.zlien.com/collections/
12. File Foreclosure & Lawsuit
13. How to foreclose? Most projects do not need to escalate to a lawsuit Generally, an attorney is needed. You can locate attorneys by state on http://www.avvo.com/ If you’re collecting through zlien’s Collections program, the affiliate collecting on your project will find an area attorney (client must consent to file suit)
14. Got Paid?
15. File a lien release/ satisfaction
16. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Speaker: Matt Stine Developing for the Cloud Track Marc Andressen has famou...
This presentation explains how to develop a Web API in Java using (JAX-RS or Restl...
How to bring innovation to your organization by streamlining the deployment proces...
Cisco Call-control solutions can handle voice, video and data
Nathan Sharp of Siemens Energy recently spoke at the SAP Project Management in Atl...
... 5 Steps to Take After Filing Your Mechanics Lien ... Google+; Made With; Webinar: 5 Steps to Take After Filing Your Mechanics Lien. October 1, 2014.
How to file a mechanics lien in 5 minutes Use zlien’s ... Webinar: 5 Steps to Take After Filing Your Mechanics Lien. File a Mechanics Lien in ...
The Lien waiver is an ... . zlien's LienPilot allows users to generate lien waivers that are properly formatted according to the location of your ... This ...
... Explaining Mississippi's New Mechanics Lien Law. ... Webinar: 5 Steps to Take After Filing Your Mechanics Lien. 2010 Revisions To Missouri S Mechanics ...
A mechanics lien, assuming it was ... Though I will briefly discuss the mechanic's lien law as a whole, ... Webinar: 5 Steps to Take After Filing Your ...
We explain and identify a webinar that ... and regardless of how many protective steps you take to ... How Mechanic’s Lien Rights Help If Your ...
Commercial Lien and Bond Webinar ... mechanics' lien rights on ... who qualifies to assert a claim under the Miller Act and what steps they need to take to ...
Presented by: Seema Lal ... Such a step by an owner forces the lien holder to take action. Webinar : ... filing of the lien 10% 55 days after a ...