Published on September 21, 2014
VAN GOGH’S CHAIR WORKSHOP STEVE METZGER: INSTRUCTOR
• VAN GOGH’S CHAIR
TRANSFER THE DRAWING TO THE CANVAS • Tape the top of the drawing (print) to the top of the canvas. • Place the transfer paper between the print and the canvas. • Using a #2 pencil, transfer the drawing to the canvas.
COLORS AND PALETTE • COLORS • PTHALO BLUE • BURNT UMBER • BLACK (OPTIONAL) • TITANIUM WHITE • LEMON YELLOW • CAD YELLOW • CAD RED • WATER, MEDIUM, PAPER PLATE, BRUSHES
COLOR ARRANGEMENT ON THE PALETTE. • COOL’S TO THE RIGHT • NEUTRALS TO THE BACK • WARMS TO THE LEFT • WHITE IN THE MIDDLE • 2ND YELLOW NEXT TO THE BLUE FOR MIXING GREENS • 2ND RED NEXT TO THE BLUE FOR MIXING PURPLES
STEP 1 • MIX A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF BLUE WITH WHITE • NOTE:I FOUND THAT USING THE 1/8” ROUND BRUSH WORKED FOR THE WHOLE PAINTING.
• STEP 2 • USING VARIOUS AMOUNTS OF BLUE AND MOSTLY WHITE, BRUSH IN THE BACKGROUND BEHIND THE CHAIR. • KEEP IT BRUSHY AND DON’T LET ANY OTHER COLORS GET MIXED IN.
• FINISH FILLING IN THE BACKGROUND BEHIND THE CHAIR,
• Clean the Brush and mix some darker blue for the rest of the background.
• Paint the deeper blue side using a small amount of yellow where needed and added to the blue to make it more cerulean. • Begin outlining with dark blue, red, and yellow.
STEP 1 BACKGROUND AND LINES
• FINISH PAINTING THE LINES WITH BLUE, RED, AND SOME YELLOW… • LEAVE THE SPACES BETWEEN THE FLOOR TILES TO PAINT IN WITH LIGHTER COLORS LATER.
• STEP 2: FLOOR, BOX, CHAIR ,PIPE AND CLOTH • COLORS: BURNT UMBER, BOTH YELLOWS, RED, WHITE. • SEE VIDEO (NEXT SLIDE) • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghaEfZ02 a5E&feature=youtu.be
STEP 2: FLOOR, BOX, CHAIR ,PIPE AND CLOTH COLORS: BURNT UMBER, BOTH YELLOWS, RED, WHITE. ADD THEM AS NEEDED LOOKING AT THE IMAGE FOR REFERENCE.
• CONTINUE TO ADD DETAILS.
... the chair is balanced by touches of green above it and by a further stroke of green on the nearest chair leg. Van Gogh stresses structure ...
View: Vincent van Gogh, Van Gogh's Chair. Read about this painting, ... Van Gogh painted a companion picture of Gauguin's armchair, shown by night, ...
Dieser Artikel befasst sich mit dem Maler Vincent van Gogh. Für den Ingenieur und Mäzen siehe Vincent Willem van Gogh.
Van Gogh's chair. The painting of Van Gogh's chair, like the Sunflowers, is a sort of self portrait. (He also painted Gauguin's chair as an illustration of ...
... although Van Gogh was unaware of this;  and on 2 July, ... at this time was a series of paintings including Van Gogh's Chair ... Vincent van Gogh;
Van Gogh Dining Chair ref700SF MAHOGANY L42-‐D40-‐H91Delivery worldwide 8 weeks delivery 4 months to make Payment Swift transfer .
Due to our recent move, the Surrey Van Gogh Showroom is temporarily closed until further notice. You can check which dealers near you carry Van Gogh ...
View Van Gogh's Chair by Vincent van Gogh. Find out more and explore similar paintings in the UK national art collection. Accessibility links ...
Bedroom in Arles (first version) Artist: Vincent van Gogh: Year: 1888: Type: Oil on canvas: Dimensions: 72 cm × 90 cm (28.3 in × 35.4 in) Location: Van ...
The definitive reference for Vincent van Gogh, his biography, his complete works, ... Vincent van Gogh: Chair. A Brief Understanding of the Chair drawing.