Published on December 23, 2016
1. VALVE By Rath Infotech
2. What is a Valve? • A valve is a component of the piping network. • It is a mechanical device, controlling or modifying the flow and pressure within a pipeline that convey liquids and gases. • A valve stops, allows, control and modifies flow of a fluid media. • A valve blocks a pipe either partially or totally, thereby regulating the amount of liquid or gas that flows through it.
3. How is a valve operated? Valves can be operated: • Manually • Automatically • Pneumatically • Hydraulically • With the help of an actuator
4. Functions of a Valve The valve carries out the following functions – • To enable and stop the flow of media (liquid or gas) • To increase or decrease the flow of media • To regulate the direction of media flow • To regulate the pressure of media flow • To relieve the pipeline of pressure
5. What is a Valve made of? • A valve is made of plastic, rubber and metal. • The outer part of the valve, the seat, is made of a solid metal casting on the outside with a soft inner rubber or plastic seal.
6. • This metal-rubber-plastic combination helps the valve to have a tight end. • The inside part of the valve, called the body, fits into the seat when the valve is closed. It is the body that opens and closes.
7. Classification of Valves A valve is classified depending on its mechanical motion. Valves can be classified into three categories: • Linear motion valve – In these valves, the closure member moves in a straight path, stopping or letting the flow.
8. • Rotary motion valve – In these valves, the closure member moves in a circular path, stopping or letting the flow. • Quarter turn valve - – In these valves, the closure member moves in an exactly quarter path, stopping or letting the flow.
9. For more information visit http://www.bhansalioverseas.com/