Published on March 4, 2019
1. V2X Secure Central Gateway 5G connected development platform to easily build and deploy V2X applications secured by QRNG
2. Every vehicle has dozens of ECUs operating on several in-vehicle networks (CAN buses) that are vulnerable to dangerous attacks designed to disable critical systems Over-The-Air Updates Infotainment & 3rd Party Applications Personalized Experiences Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Hands-free Emergency Braking Lane Changing Traﬃc Light AssistSmart Parking Collision Warning etc …Night Vision OBD Broadcasting Remote Hacking of Connected-Cars Vulnerable Systems Nearly all black-hat attacks are wireless Most wireless attacks are over wiﬁ or cellular 1.4M $400 Vehicles Cost Per Vehicle Total Cost $560M Recall Cost Estimate from Jeep Incident (2015) Excludes liability due to injury or other settlements etc…
3. 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% 2015 2020 2025 2030 2035 2040 Personally owned driver-driven Shared driver-driven Personally owned autonomous Shared autonomous Car Sales Distribution (USA) 0 1 2 4 5 6 7 2015 2030 Resale market New car sales Recurring revenue (MaaS, Connectivity Services)* Global Automotive Revenue Sources: McKinsey, Statista, Deloitte 0% 50% 100% 2015 2025 Internet Connected Car Number of Connected Cars *excludes traditional taxis All cars sold will be Internet Connected while Mobility-as-a-Service and Connectivity Services together will be the second largest source of Automotive Revenue worldwide
4. The V2X Secure Central Gateway is built with components from top-tier partners and is made to be a programmable platform for OEMs or Mobility-as-a-Service Operators • [CAN-IDS] Applies FESCARO automotive security system • [RNG] SKT S2Q100 for Quantum Random Number Generation (QRNG) Enhanced Security • [AP] NXP i.MX 6SoloX processor for application development (Cortex-A9 & Cortex-M4) • [MCU] Inﬁneon AURIX TC297 for CAN-IDS with HSM Processor • Linux / Android (BSP Support) • FreeRTOS for ARM Cortex-M4 core Operating System • Post-Drive Mode is available • Backup battery design is applied for the eCall application Power Management • 1G DDR3 SDRAM / 32 MB x2 QuadSPI Flash (expandable) Memory • 1 mPCle connector (4G / 5G modem can be inserted) • 6 CAN interface for CAN-IDS / 2 CAN interfaces for general vehicle communication • 3 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports (1 Ethernet dedicated to CAN-IDS) • 1 GNSS Receiver • 3 Full-size SD / MMC card slots • 1 USB 2.0 Host Type A connector / 1 micro USB 2.0 OTG connector Connectivity Display & Camera • 1 LVDS connector / 1 LCD expansion connector (parellel, 24bit) • 1 Camera Module connector [TP-GEN2A] TMG-P2AD — CGW Development PlatformSecure Central Gateway
5. The V2X Secure Central Gateway monitors in-vehicle networks for intrusions or abnormalities in near real-time over 5G and connectivity to the cellular network is secured by QRNG Secure Central Gateway Control Area Networks (CAN buses) are in-vehicle communications networks that allow ECUs to exchange critical information. Electronic Control Units (ECUs) are responsible for the functioning of important parts of your car, for example your engine or brakes.
6. The V2X Secure Central Gateway demonstration shows how we leverage the ultra-low latency of a 5G network to detect remote attacks or other emergencies and address them quickly Secure transmission of vehicle status and location (eCall) Transmit cybersecurity update Over-the-Air (OTA)… … Dispatch rescue team in case of emergency Real-time detection of an abnormal message and intrusion to the internal network 5G Base Station
7. Michael A. Lesniak Strategic Partnerships at Open Collaboration Group Global Sourcing at True Innovation Program www.linkedin.com/in/malesniak www.sktelecom.com www.true-inno.com