Published on October 13, 2014
1. Applying Lean UX in designing enterprise software from ground up Kok Chiann UX Manager, Ezypay & iconnect360
2. I’m here to share about our learnings Around evolution
3. Alongside our product growth, and how Lean UX principles served as an enabler How our UX process evolved Just do it Growing User Research Laser focus on outcomes
4. Let’s dive right in Here’s how it all started
5. It’s all breezy. The primary target market of the product is gyms. Before release
6. Things were going along. Kind of a Kanban approach. The UX process during then
7. …After rollout Things were less breezy
8. Our customer base was growing steadily. Progression towards targeting new market – Swimschools iconnect360 was newly rolled out
9. Our UX process had to evolve…
10. ? But…. User research became critical
11. User research practices implemented within UX process to inform design
12. Refining our practices around Conceptualisation & Prototyping •Sketch and firm the concept first •Designing hi-fidelity prototypes with realistic data to validate designs •Switched to using Invision for prototyping - Front-end engineer required - Takes days - UX designers can do it - Takes hours
13. Just the ones around user/customer validation. Lean UX principles adapted into the UX process
14. Case Study: The crude persona
15. Case Study: Feature request to delete a member
16. Our product fared pretty well And we got on-board more and more clients
17. Rolling out to NZ, 6 countries in Asia & new target market of Swimschools. Process improved towards monthly release cycles for both products. Our growth was exponential
18. Our UX process had to evolve…again
19. We needed to work smarter and focus on the top priorities constantly A laser focus on outcomes was necessary
20. Empowering execution teams • Cross functional teams • Democratising creativity & decision making • Sense of ownership • Skills brought to table • Collaborate towards the best outcome
21. The changing role of the designer Facilitator Customer Advocate
22. E.g.: Improvising for low-risk, low uncertainty features. Flexing the process
23. “Okay” solutions are okay • • •
24. Avoid further iterations (if possible) • •
25. Collaborative focus towards outcomes More Lean UX principles adapted into process
26. Case Study: Designing the Online Bookings Form
27. Wrap up With a quick summary
28. Be pragmatic in evolving your UX process Just do it Growing User Research Laser focus on outcomes There is no one-size fit all process. Adapt principles that work for you.
29. Q & A Thank You! email@example.com kokchiann.com
allestimento in cartone per il Cersaie 2014 alberi in cartone scultura in cartone
Quarta turma do workshop de Infografia, ministrado por Beatriz Blanco e Marcos Sin...
View 446 Lightning Talks posts, presentations, experts, and more. Get the professional knowledge you need on LinkedIn.
View 205582 Ground Up posts, presentations, experts, and more. Get the professional knowledge you need on LinkedIn. ... It's hard to talk about yourself.
The UX designer needs to ... The designer uses paper prototyping and white boarding to come up with a basic ... Every new software introduced must ...
From protecting your data to connecting with customers, our small business services can help. ...
Smashing Magazine is an online magazine for ... Everything was rebuilt from the ground up ... You can watch Smashing Conference talks ...
Learn software, creative, ... and latest courses with emails from lynda.com. Sign up and receive emails about lynda.com and our online training library:
... including standardised code and proprietary software; ... Other tools web designers might use include mark up ... (UX) designer incorporates ...
... (read up on Toyota’s lean production system and the Theory of ... Software Inventory; Software designer. ... Joel Spolsky, a software developer in ...
Advertising Programmes Business Solutions +Google About Google Google.com © 2015 - Privacy - Terms ...