Published on June 14, 2016
1. DESIGN EXCHANGE NOTTINGHAM, 2016 Mariana MorrisUX is team work! @MarianaMota
3. UX OXFORD @MARIANAMOTA
4. Are you crazy? I can’t do that! ” - developer “ @MARIANAMOTA
5. This looks nothing like the design I made! ” - designer “ @MARIANAMOTA
6. US THEM @MARIANAMOTA
7. Designing or developing in isolation is not an option. @MARIANAMOTA
8. US @MARIANAMOTA
9. THE PROJECT TEAM @MARIANAMOTA
13. Teams Techniques Communication @MARIANAMOTA
17. https://userresearch.blog.gov.uk/2014/08/06/have-you-had-your-recommended-dose-of-research/ GOV.UK
19. UX PROJECT LIFECYCLE @MARIANAMOTA
20. Meet users early and often. @MARIANAMOTA
21. ETHNOGRAPHIC RESEARCH Oxford Computer Consultants running user interviews for National Grid@MARIANAMOTA
22. Mariana UX Designer Mark Project Manager Reynold Account Manager Tim Developer ETHNOGRAPHIC RESEARCH Oxford Computer Consultants running user interviews for National Grid@MARIANAMOTA
23. Paul Support and training Mariana UX Designer Ant User USER INTERVIEW Oxford Computer Consultants running usability testing at Bath & North East Somerset Council@MARIANAMOTA
24. USER RESEARCH STREAMED BACK TO THE OFFICE @MARIANAMOTA
26. USER FLOW @MARIANAMOTA
28. User ﬂow QUESTION - MISSING - IDEA @MARIANAMOTA
29. http://www.romanpichler.com/tools/product-canvas/ THE PRODUCT CANVAS
30. User groups User ﬂow Sketches Sprint goal Sprint tasks MetricsProject goal @MARIANAMOTA
31. SKETCHING @MARIANAMOTA
33. Feel comfortable sharing unﬁnished work. @MARIANAMOTA
34. STAKEHOLDER WORKSHOP @MARIANAMOTA
35. http://plans-for-retrospectives.com/ PROJECT RETROSPECTIVES
36. Verbal communication: Facilitator & Leader
37. Facilitator language • Warm and neutral • Active listening • Passive and inclusive tone “How about…” “Maybe we can…” “What if…” @MARIANAMOTA
38. Leader language • Competence • Expert • Direct and muscular language “That’s absolutely right, and here’s why…” “I completely agree because…” “This is my plan…” @MARIANAMOTA
40. When asking for feedback: • State clearly: Where you are at What you expect feedback on • Ask clear questions • Explain the rationale for your decisions @MARIANAMOTA
41. When giving feedback: • Ask the current status of the design • Question ﬁrst. Comment last. • Explain technical challenges • Don’t refer to your personal taste. Refer to the brieﬁng and user research. @MARIANAMOTA
42. Avoid: “I don’t like it.” “Can’t do it” (without explaining why) @MARIANAMOTA
43. Go back to the brief. Gerry Leonidas in an interview for Talking Design
44. Designers need to know the ‘why’s.
45. How many designers does it take to change a light bulb?
46. Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb? How many designers does it take to change a light bulb?
47. “Give it 5 minutes.” https://signalvnoise.com/posts/3124-give-it-ﬁve-minutes
48. “If someone loses, you did it wrong” When negotiating… http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/05/11/how-to-haggle- like-your-old-man/
49. Communication tools
50. Github Photo: https://help.github.com/assets/images/help/pull_requests/conversation.png
55. But let’s not settle.
56. But let’s not settle. We work with technology.
57. But let’s not settle. We work with technology. It’s always changing.
58. But let’s not settle. We work with technology. It’s always changing. This process will change.
59. So, Let’s keep meeting up, discussing, improving.
60. So, Let’s keep meeting up, discussing, improving. Regularly.
... “UX is Team Work” — Mariana Morris “L-I-V-I-N ... Design Exchange Nottingham No.6. ... By the power of Tito. © 2011–2016 Team ...
I like to speak about UX, design, team work and ... spoken and upcoming speaking appearance): 2016. 3 ... Design Exchange Nottingham; 14th Apr 2016 ...
Sócia Diretora at Work Design Mobiliário Decorativo Past Sócia Diretora at Work Design Decoração Corporativa, Executiva de Negócios at VOKO INTERSTEEL
Three things I learned at UX in the City 2016. ... I'll be speaking at the Future of Web Design conference in ... Design Exchange, Nottingham, 11th May 2016.
TEAMS is an award winning design firm specializing in global product ... Exceeding User Needs with UX Design Feb 19, 2016. ... Zhihui Talks Global Teamwork ...
Speed Summit and Summer BBQ. Thu, Jun 2, 2016 ... Speed Summit gathers mobility enthusiasts for an afternoon and evening of idea exchange ... UX DESIGN ...
Upcoming Events. B2B Marketing Forum ... Integrate 2016 is the world’s largest technology conference, expo, ... UX & Design, Search, Content, Mobile, and ...
Jun 2016. UX Careers ... Can the insights offered by UX expertise help media outlets and content producers find new and ... Events. 2016; 2015; 2014; Home ...