Published on July 1, 2016
1. Using Mobile Learning for Induction, Compliance and Performance Support Alex Mackman, Technical Director
2. Agenda • Why mobile? • Scenarios • Performance Support • Compliance • Induction • Mobile learning checklist • Q&A
3. Users demand mobile
4. Scenarios • Augmenting formal learning • Performance Support • Compliance • Induction
5. Augmenting formal training During the learning events, memory for information is strengthened As soon as the learning events end, forgetting begins Forgetting curve W. Thalheimer, Boston Work Learning Research Inc 40 60 Learning curve Bite sized nuggets developed and delivered to mobile devices as part of a blended learning programme
6. Performance Support
7. Performance Support • Improving skills and learning while doing real tasks on the job • How to videos • Reference manuals and materials • Procedures and checklists • Infographics • Mini Apps (small performance support tools distributed to targeted user groups) • Contextual relevance and discoverability - more important than pixel perfect content • Help users find what they want, when they need it • At home people are used to almost instant access to information and problem solving through social networks • The expectations for the same experience in the workplace is growing • Must be kept up to date (push notifications)
8. O2 Telefonica • iOS, Android and Windows phone Apps • Various content form factors • PDFs • Videos • Custom HTML5 assets • QR code scanning • Instant access at the point of need
10. Foreign & Commonwealth Office • FCO staff based in British Consulates and Embassies worldwide • Lots of travelling, so offline mobile access is very important • A combined system was required (desktop and mobile) • Mandatory compliance training + just-in-time reference resources • Experience API (Tin Can) enables tracking of: • Mandatory compliance related training • Use of JIT nuggets and resources • Informal learning events
12. Induction Joins company Preparatory materials Formal induction materials
13. Managing at Microsoft • Mobile induction programme for new People Managers worldwide • A significant move beyond purely event driven programme • Apps on Windows 10 devices • Videos, resource articles and quizzes • Push notifications for new content updates
14. Win page providing monthly challenges and an opportunity to win prizes Watch page providing short Videos covering a range of People management skills Read page providing news, Worksheets and other resources Home page showing points, achievements and leaderboard Users can add content to a favourites page for quick access
15. Gamification • Points for content consumption • Competitive leaderboards • Badges, medals and trophies • Badges for first user of App features • Medals for quiz success • Integration with Tango Card • Digital gift certificate rewards
16. Gamification • Gartner predicts that this year: • 70% of the top 2,000 global organisations will use gamification as a primary mechanism for organisational change • This is a >100% increase from the 20% predicted in 2012
17. What you need to consider
18. Mobile learning checklist BYOD support with native Apps for iOS, Android and Windows User experience Offline content consumption Multiple asset types (e.g. Videos, eLearning, PDFs and custom HTML5 assets) Multiple content sources Dynamic content with push notifications Experience API (tracking with backwards compatibility with SCORM) A range of security options Scalability and speed of implementation Provides traditional online support
20. www.agylia.com email@example.com +44 (0)1454 269222 +001 425 274 1970
... Technologies 2016 exploring mobile learning’s impact on induction, compliance and performance support ... Using mobile learning for ...
... induction, compliance and performance support at Learning Technologies 2016. Agylia to explore mobile learning ... Using mobile learning for induction, ...
Agylia to explore mobile learning’s impact on induction, compliance and performance support at ... Agylia to explore mobile learning’s impact ...
The role of mobile learning in enhancing induction, compliance and performance support programmes will be covered at Learning Technologies 2016 by CM Group.
Agylia to explore mobile learning’s impact on induction, compliance and performance support at Learning Technologies 2016
Mobile Learning; HTML5; Performance Support; Community; CIPD; Curation; Digital Learning; ... Compliance; Induction; Customer Experience; New Skills For ...
... mobile learning Apps as native Apps using ... mobile learning solutions expertise, CM Group ... on induction, compliance and performance support ...
Let us make it more clear by comparing eLearning and classroom training for induction and compliance training. ... Mobile Learning; LMS Installation ...
... development and support. Induction at UTS provides ... compliance training • Induction events provide a ... performance and behavioural ...