Published on February 16, 2014
• • • • • • launched on May 5, 2003 web's biggest professional network over 238 million users 2 new users join linkedin every second 35% of users access linkedin daily 42% of linkedin users update their profiles every day
• • • • • • over 10 million endorsements given daily 17 minutes average time spent on linkedin 2.7 million business pages 1.5 million groups 81% of users belong to atleast one group. more than 20 million users in India.
• • • • average age of facebook user is 38. average age of linkedin user is 44. average age of twitter user is 39. Top level executives primarily use LinkedIn for industry networking (22 percent) and promoting their businesses (20 percent). Middle management professionals primarily use LinkedIn to keep in touch with other people (24 percent) and industry networking (20 percent). Entry-level employees primarily use LinkedIn for job searches (24 percent) and co-worker networking (23 percent).
• uTest, the largest marketplace for software testing services in the world, claims that 50 percent of its paid inbound leads come from LinkedIn, making it the company's most costeffective online marketing channel. • L'Oreal is the most engaging consumer packaged goods brand on LinkedIn
• Google has the largest presence on LinkedIn, with a whopping 1.7 million followers. IBM is close behind with 1.5 million followers, and Hewlett-Packard comes in third with a little more than 1.4 million followers. • The 10 most-liked brands on LinkedIn are all B2B.
• Your company wants to increase B2B revenue, accelerate lead generation, demonstrate thought leadership and create brand awareness. It’s time to discover which is better for your B2B business, Facebook or LinkedIn?
• Let’s begin with the time tested phrase now used by business development professionals and taught in every business school from the East coast’s Harvard to West coast’s University of California: “Follow the money”
• Income: LinkedIn users on average have an income of $109,000 compared to Facebook’s $25,000 according a study by Seeking Alpha in 2012. The average income on Twitter also towers over Facebook with more than double at $52,000 per user
• Decision Makers: LinkedIn offers you better access to finding and connecting with B2B decision makers. A LinkedIn demographics study showed that 42% have CXO, VP, Director, or Manager titles and users can search by these terms and more for easy search value
• Age: Facebook is a great place to connect with younger users where according to a 2012 study by Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project 83% of it’s users are in the 18-29 year age category as compared to LinkedIn’s 16% and Twitter’s 27%. If your B2B decision maker is under 29, consider using Facebook
• Company Pages: Facebook and LinkedIn both offer free feature-rich company pages. Facebook however prohibits companies from advertising on the top level company page where LinkedIn encourages promoting products and services which are easily visible and accessible on the first page.
• Sales Leads: LinkedIn offers the user the ability to proactively search by keyword, name, location, title, company, school, i ndustry, seniority level, company size, language, relationship, and Fortune 501,000. Facebook requires you to launch a paid campaign to bring prospects who self select as “Likes”. From there the marketer nurtures through free give aways and on going content streams with the goal of someday making a sale.
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
Get people talking about your business. Get the Small Business Marketing ... target potential customers with LinkedIn Text Ads. Using powerful ...
2 Approaches to LinkedIn Marketing for Small Business ... There are two main ways to dive into LinkedIn business promotion - using a passive approach or ...
Current Development Manager at Business Promotion, Frontend Developer at Business Promotion Past Jr Web Developer at Boostability, Process Manager at ...
300 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.
Home » Linkedin » Everything You Need to Know About Using LinkedIn for Business Promotion. ... take full advantage of LinkedIn as a marketing platform.
But are you using LinkedIn to its fullest potential? ... How to Use LinkedIn for Business & Marketing 22) Optimize your LinkedIn Company Page.
... outreach and promotion. ... LinkedIn is a fantastic Content Marketing ... The first port of call for any business using LinkedIn is to have their ...
Grow your business with lead generation ... Create self-service LinkedIn ads using Campaign ... Already a LinkedIn Marketing Solutions customer? Get Help ...
... and find the qualified people to do business ... leverage LinkedIn to be a powerful B2B marketing tool. LinkedIn ... are using social ...
LinkedIn; Marketing Solutions; Lynda.com; Recruiter; Sales Navigator; SlideShare; ... What was your primary purpose for visiting the LinkedIn Help Center ...