Published on November 17, 2016
1. Using IoT to leapfrog infrastructure The case of public transport Madeline Zhu Head of Communications, WhereIsMyTransport AfricaCom, Nov 17 2016
2. Photo: Robotics and Automotive News
3. Photo: Netwerk 24
4. DOCUMENT TITLE Private & Confidential Data collection for informal modes like minibus taxis.
5. DOCUMENT TITLE Private & Confidential The routes are automatically captured and calculated using the real time data from the vehicles. Our system snaps the route to the road to provide the route map. Route Extrapolation Through Live Data
6. AfricaCom 2016 • These are real time ETAs from a WhereIsMyTransport pilot project. • Even when routes overlap, vehicles can be identified to their correct routes. Real-time ETAs Through Live Data
7. Validates Data Cleans Data Processes Data Our Platform
8. Uber integration Formal & informal integration Mass passenger-facing communication Beirut Nairobi Accra Cairo Projects in Formal & Informal Data Validation created and provided by WhereIsMyTransport & partners Your next project? Upcoming Features
9. Big data and creativity can bring simplicity to daunting problems Tomorrow’s cities face unprecedented change and growth Emerging cities present the biggest opportunities for urban future
10. Cape Town FIND US 22 Jarvis Street, de Waterkant Cape Town, 8001 PHONE US +27 21 418 2733 London FIND US 1E Mentmore Terrace, London, E8 3DQ EMAIL US hello@whereismytransport. com Private & Confidential
11. Thank you.