Published on February 19, 2014
Using Twitter for Employability Some examples of how and why students should be using Twitter to help them get a job!
1) Employers use Twitter to advertise jobs and voluntary opportunities. http://www.howardleague.org/research-internship/ So follow any organisation you would be interested in working for!
2) University lecturers advertise scholarships and post-grad opportunities. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/scs/pg-taught So follow academics from University departments where you might be interested in further study. Seeing what they tweet about might also be helpful in an interview!!
3) Twitter keeps you up to date with developments in recruitment policy. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/16/mp-says-bobby-tax-willcreate-a-middle-class-police-force_n_4610576.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-news
4) Learn about an organisation’s response to key policies. And let them send you links to the original policy documents! http://www.justice.gov.uk/news/press-releases/yjb/youth-justice-boardresponse-to-the-transforming-youth-custody-announcement
5) Make sure you don’t miss the latest news/research in your area of interest. Use this knowledge to impress them in your job application! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21651502 You are so on the ball!!! http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1141075/antisocial-behaviour-powers-children-riskeviction?WT.rss_f=News&WT.rss_a=Antisocial+behaviour+powers+put+children+at+risk+of+eviction &utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
6)Organisations let you know when they are in the media. Tune in or catch up- even if you’re not usually a Radio 4 listener! https://www.gov.uk/government /policies/helping-troubledfamilies-turn-their-lives-around http://www.bbc.co.uk/programme s/b01pw6qd
Of course, it’s not all about Twitter…
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
The latest Tweets from Employability (@BrenikovsPET). Skills training tailored to the hospitality industry that really works for you delivered by people ...
The latest Tweets from Employability Skills (@empskills_louco). This twitter feed is for students of Employability Skills at Loughborough College. Tweets ...
Recent studies have shown that students are comfortable using sites such as Facebook and Twitter in their social lives but feel less confident about ...
Using social media to boost student employability ... This month UCLan developed a social media initiative, 'Twitter critters', ... Using social media ...
Using social media professionally could boost employability chances in this tough economic ... What kinds of small businesses are better off using Twitter?
Using social media to enhance your employability Used effectively for activities such as research and self-promotion, social media can dramatically
Social Media for Employability. ... using social media effectively can really help our students stand out from the crowd. ... Twitter and LinkedIn.
Employability skills are the skills and capabilities that make graduates more likely to gain employment and be ... Using twitter for career ...
Twitter and employability. Get a career. From a student perspective. In a career. ... Using Twitter in university research, teaching and impact activities ...