Published on January 22, 2016
1. THE ART OF MAKING GOOD: USABILITY: MAKING THE STUFF BETTER THE ART OF MAKING GOOD: QA & UX (2)
2. WHAT USABILITY IS USABILITY A measurable characteristic, that is present to a greater or lesser degree, that describes how effectively a user can interact with a product. (Jeff Axup, userdesign.com) The extent to which a product can be used by specified users to achieve specified goals with effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction in a specified context of use. (ISO 9241-11) How effectively, efficiently and satisfactorily a user can interact with a user interface. (usability.gov) The degree of ease with which products such as software and Web applications can be used to achieve required goals effectively and efficiently. (techopedia.com)
3. EXAMPLE OF USABILITY ISSUES FOUND ON WEBSITES
5. Check if the fields are marked as mandatory
6. See if the important details are mentioned and explained
7. Your language required each word with majuscules?
8. Pay attetion how you close the menu
9. Do not button!
10. Make sure that the action names are intuitive
11. All options can be easily accessed
12. Is the content ergonomic?
13. “Sliders are bad for both usability and SEO.” (Harrison Jones, Search Engine Land)
14. Double check to see if the font suports diacritics
15. The colors used for some actions don’t need to be used for other actions/elements and the cursor need to be in the field
16. Icon apps near social apps
17. Stay away from confusing messages.
18. Which download option should I use?
19. Which login option should I use?
20. Why do you want to make me to wait?
21. People run adblocker
22. Autoplay videos are not just annoying, but can make the navigation difficult
23. Move the page on the desktop like on the touchscreens
24. Not having an “up” button to go back to the beggining of the page
[PDF Download] Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better [PDF] Online
To apply for permission please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with specific details of your requirements. This should include, the Wiley title ...
Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better and over one million other books are available for Amazon Kindle. Learn more
Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better ... For most people, “predictability” and “consistency” mean pretty much the same thing.
Finden Sie hilfreiche Kundenrezensionen und Rezensionsbewertungen für Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better auf Amazon.de. Lesen Sie ...
Buy Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better by (9781118185476) from Amazon UK’s Books Shop. Free delivery on eligible orders.
Title: Table of Contents for (9781118185476) Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better by Reiss, Eric Created Date: 5/16/2012 6:30:35 PM
Get this from a library! Usable usability : simple steps for making stuff better. [Eric Reiss;]
Genre/Form: Electronic books: Additional Physical Format: Print version: Reiss, Eric. Usable Usability : Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better. Hoboken ...
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product ...