Published on March 14, 2014
Miss Sofía Paz 9th Grade
Element Pure substance that cannot be broken down into other substances by chemical means. Atoms (Smallest possible particle) Formed by All atoms of an element have the same number of protons.
Anything that occupies space and has mass Element Matter Basic ingredient SoilWater RockWood Metal Animals Plants
118 elements 92 Natural occurring 25 essential to life C,H,O,N represent 96% 26 synthetic elements
Element critical to health that makes up less than 0.01 percent of body mass Trace elements
The need for trace elements • Boron Deficiencies of boron can contribute to osteoporosis. • Boron • Copper • Iodine • Selenium • Zinc • Iron Almond Apple (red) Avocado Banana Beans (red kidney) Brazil Nuts Broccoli Carrot Cashew Nuts (raw) Celery
• Copper Deficiencies of copper can cause: Premature hair graying Sterility Premature wrinkling of the skin Liver Oysters Sesame Nuts Cocoa Chocolate Lobster Sun flower seeds
• Iron Essential for carrying oxygen in your blood. • Iodine Deficiencies of iodine can cause a thyroid imbalance or reduce fertility. Seaweed Shrimp Milk Turkey Eggs Cocoa Liver Oysters Clams Caviar Dried appricots
• Selenium Deficiencies of selenium can cause people to age prematurely or to have slower than normal recovery from illnesses. Seafood Meat Rice Bread Noodles Eggs Oatmeal
• Zinc Deficiencies of zinc can cause sterility, impotence and even depression. Oysters Liver Roastbeef Dark chocolate Cocoa Lamb Peanuts Crab
COMPOUND Is a substance containing two or more elements that are chemically combined in a fixed ratio. Sodium Chlorine Sodium chloride (NaCl)
• Compound’s properties may differ from those of the elements that compos it – NaCl (Yellow gas + gray metal) – H2O (Is liquid while O and H are gases) • Most compounds found in organisms are more complex. • Sugar (C, H and O). • Muscles (C, H, O and N).
ROWS: Periods Atomic number and energetic level COLUMS: Group, similar chemical properties
Chemicool periodic table http://www.chemicool.com/ Interactive periodic table
... Elements and Chemical Bonds Subtitle. Lesson 1: ... From Elements to Compounds 1. ... by covalent bonding that acts as an independent unit ...
... Unit 1 ... Core Elements of a Program > Download ... US subtitle (SRT) About this ...
Unit 1 notes-4 -redox reactions ... Click to edit Master subtitle style 4/8/10 Keywords Oxidation Reduction ... This series ranks the elements in order of ...
18.1 Subtitle effects only when necessary. ... documentMetadata elements (v1.1) ... in relation to the subtitle guidelines that they support.
subtitle i-1 july 29, 2013 subtitle i regulations for downtown zones chapter 1 introduction to downtown (d) ... chapter 13 planned unit developments ...
SUBTITLE D RESIDENTIAL HOUSE (R) ... Chapter 5 ACCESSORY DWELLING UNIT REGULATIONS FOR ... 101.1 Subtitle D is to be read and applied in addition to the ...
ETSI EN 300 743 V1.3.1 ... "Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Subtitling systems". ... means of conveying subtitle elements that may be shared by multiple ...
probabilities for modeling deterioration for the bridge elements. Unit costs for ... COSTS AND FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT COSTS ... 1 Unit Cost Detail tab with ...
Unit 1: Introduction and ... ( Open the RDA Toolkit and login using the LC institutional ... RDA 1.4 contains a list of elements to be transcribed from the ...