Published on September 10, 2015
1. EMERGING TRENDS IN ENTERPRISE UC / COMMUNICATIONS Presented by: Don Gulling, CEO, Verteks Consulting Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
2. Verteks Consulting Company Background • Eighteen+ Year History – Incorporated in January, 1997 – Veteran Owned Business • Premier Technology Partners – ShoreTel Gold Certified Partner – Microsoft Certified Partner – Hewlett Packard Business Partner – VMware Professional Partner – Ruckus Certified Partner – WatchGuard Gold Partner • Extensive IT, VoIP, and Contact Center Experience – Over 420 ShoreTel Sites Supported – Experience in complex deployments with IVR, Call/Screen Recording, and Work Force Management • Responsive Support – Guaranteed service levels, 24x7x365 Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
3. Enterprise Unified Communications Key Trends 1. Virtualization 2. Collaboration 3. Mobility 4. Application Integration 5. Business-Enabled Communications Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
4. Flexibility of Deployment Ease of Administration Trend: Virtualization Flexibility of Architecture Low Total Cost of Ownership
5. Virtualization Trends / Benefits • Leverage virtual infrastructure customers already own and operate • Mix and match hardware-based and virtual appliances in a single network – managed through the same admin interface • Extend existing business continuity practices (VMware HA, VMotion) or take advantage of ShoreTel’s N+1 • Increase phone, SIP trunk and IPT feature capacities per switch Brilliantly Simple Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
6. Flexibility of Architecture: Hybrid Virtualized Optional Voice Switches Primary Server ITSP Headquarters and/or Data Center Phones and Devices ShoreTel Distributed Architecture Remote Location WAN Mobile Devices* IP Phones VPN Phones ShoreTel Dock* DECT Phone Analog Devices Softphone Client Software for Mac, PC and Mobile Devices Back-up Server Browser-based Administration PSTN PSTN * Requires ShoreTel Mobility Teleworker Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling Leverages existing investment in VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V to reduce or eliminate new hardware purchases, simplify administration, and improve resilience and disaster recover capabilities.
7. Conferencing , Instant Messaging & Desktop Sharing • Users Favor an Integrated Experience • Integrated into Management and User Applications • One Click Conference Scheduling for Outlook • Can Be Centralized or Distributed • Site-based: centralized or distributed • Virtual or appliance-based • System-based monitoring and reporting • System wide, floating licensing • Overload protection and fail-over • Integrated Applications are Growing • Scheduled, reservation-less conferencing • Immersive audio conferencing • Simple desktop sharing • Secure enterprise IM • Multimedia recording Trend: Collaboration Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
8. When email is not fast enough IM offers spontaneous, presence-enabled communication More complex problems demand phone calls & conferences with team members Conversations become collaborations with web-based desk top sharing Trend: Step-by-Step Collaboration Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
9. • Cost effective way to enhance customer response, accelerate decision making • Standards like XMPP growing - work with third party clients such as IChat • Encrypted communications, Instant messaging privacy to secure your data • Multi-party IM and offline messaging to cover all situations Trend: Internal Corporate Instant Messaging Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
10. Often key contributors are not available immediately. Scheduled meetings with one click in Outlook-- or use the a web-app alternative. More ‘clientless’ capabilities across the Enterprise. One-click conference scheduling boosts group productivity Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
11. • Attendees quickly join the desktop sharing session by clicking on one web link and with no download • Attendees call in or are called by the system automatically • Leading systems support both Windows and Mac • “Table Stakes”? – Must share PowerPoint, images and movies, and easily record conferences Collaborate easily with shared desktop views Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
12. Source: iPass Global Mobile Workforce Report Average number of devices carried by mobile workers Mobile workers with tablets Additional hours spent working by mobile workers 25% Trend: Mobility Usage Increasing Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
13. The seamless extension of unified communications applications and infrastructure to mobile devices, enabling the same capabilities as available on PCs and desk phones, from anywhere, on any network How Does ShoreTel Define Enterprise Mobility? Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
14. • Multi-Vendor Support • Centralized Control • Security • Ease of Management and Support IT Management CxO Users • Ease of Use • Multi-Modal – Voice, UC, IM, Email/PIM • Support for BYOD • Low(er) TCO • Cost Savings • High User Productivity Mobility Needs For Different Stakeholders Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
15. Reduce international roaming charges by 30%-80% • Leverage VoIP over Wi-Fi and VoIP over 3G/4G Eliminate cellular international direct dial charges • Leverage enterprise PBX least cost routing Reduce cellular minutes and move to lower tier plans • Automatic and dynamic network selection Reduce mobile device costs • Leverage employee-owned mobile devices (BYOD) Eliminate secondary deskphones and associated support Trend: Leverage Mobility for Cost Savings Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
16. • Hybrid client interface • Native interface for “pre-call” user experience • Enhanced “mid-call” experience • A single, unified, communications app • Voice, IM/Presence, Security • Consistent user experience on any network Experience the phone as you already know how – no learning curve Mobility Requirements: simple, rich and easy to use Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
17. • Extension dialing • Transfer, hold • Enterprise conf. • Do Not Disturb • Personal dial • VoIP over Wi-Fi, 3G/4G • Automatic handover • Corporate directory access (LDAP, ShoreTel Directory) • Desk transfer/retrieve • Simultaneous ring • Visual Voicemail • Business dial (dial via office) Required - Rich, “Deskphone” Capabilities Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
18. • Outgoing calls – cellular caller ID displayed • Incoming calls - route to cellular voicemail • Automatically recognizes personal contacts • Outgoing calls – desk/enterprise caller ID displayed • Incoming calls – route to enterprise voicemail • Default mode POLICY CONTROL Admin policy controlled groups and/or users can be enabled for personal calling Personal calls Business calls Single device, dual persona Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
19. The next BIG THING in Apple handhelds… A place to UNHAND them Availability and feature functionality may vary ShoreTel Dock--the first desk phone for the mobile generation Trend – Hardware Extenders Like the ShoreTel Dock Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
20. Enterprise Presence and IM on mobile devices – Remember, Same Capabilities Across Devices and Platforms Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
21. Designed from the ground up for tablet users Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling Tablets aren’t just ‘toys’ anymore – BYOD means that workers are using rich web apps to take their work, and their communications platform, with them.
22. Extension Assignment Call Handling Mode Visual Voice Mail Trend: Integrated Desktop Control into Mobile Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
23. • Video calls between mobile devices and desktop users • Wi-Fi, Cellular Voice, Reverse-Dial and Video • When enabled, Video option also appears in: – Favorites – Employee Directory – Buddy List – Recents – Contacts – Messages – Voicemail Trend: Corporate Video On Your Mobile Device Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
24. Trend: Enterprise Wearables Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling ShoreTel Mobility with Apple Watch means it’s never been easier for the mobile pro to stay connected • Ability to place an enterprise call across Wi-Fi, cellular, or cellular data access to corporate favorites • One tap join to corporate meetings • Ability to view and respond to secure corporate instant messaging by selecting from a predefined set of responses or by speaking into the Apple Watch • Ability to view and update enterprise presence • Ability to answer/reject incoming enterprise calls, or easily redial a missed enterprise call.
25. • CRM integrations with most popular apps • Enhanced and custom reports • Advanced and emergency call handling • IVR enhancements and campaigns • Workforce management integration • Cost recovery and account management tools • Custom application integration Trend: Application Integration Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
26. Feature rich softphone and complete Salesforce.com Integrated and delivered from the cloud • Screen pop upon call arrival • Click-to-dial to make calls • QuickDialer directory lookup • Call logs with agent notes & call results • Salesforce report & dashboard • Cloud application & zero install • All platforms & browsers Trend: Business Enabled Communications Processes Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
27. • It’s the difference between knowing who made the most calls to now who made the right calls? Actionable Business Intelligence Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
28. Enterprise Unified Communications Key Trends - Summary Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling • Virtualization • Reduce hardware costs, improve resilience, simplify administration • Collaboration • Empower teams to work together anywhere, anytime, any medium (chat, screen, audio) • Mobility • Any device, anywhere, all Enterprise capabilities • Application Integration • Link communications to critical information, improve agility, enhance customer support • Business-Enabled Communications • Connect people to the right resources quickly, use business rules to manage interactions
29. THANK YOU! Don Gulling, CEO, Verteks Consulting www.verteks.com Twitter:@dongulling LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/dongulling
Unified communications, VoIP trends for ... largely driven by the use of advanced VoIP services and innovative unified communications platforms. VoIP goes ...
Five unified communications trends that ... trends are changing UC with the ... enterprise in areas including VoIP, unified communications, ...
unified communications market, ... on-premise unified communication type market, ... Fig. 2 Trends Impacting Unified Communications.
Unified Communications/VoIP Unified Communications/VoIP news, trend analysis and opinion. Network Intelligence By Zeus Kerravala.
To keep things simple, let’s evaluate VOIP and UC pricing trends by grouping things into a few ... And UC Pricing Trends Marty Parker UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS
Eventbrite - Verteks Consulting, Inc. presents Unified Communications / VoIP Technology Briefing - Thursday, September 15, 2011 at Bonefish Grill ...
Search Unified Communications. SearchMobileComputing; SearchNetworking; ... Unified Messaging; VoIP Protocols; Understanding UC View All. Developing a UC ...
Unified communications solutions from Cisco deliver integrated voice, ... Cisco Unified Border Element. ... Technology Trends; TechWiseTV; About Cisco.
... Unified Comms & Collaboration | UC EXPO | Enterprise Comms | VoIP. Unified Communications News, ... UCinsight caught up with Steve Kokinos, ...
Drawbacks of VOIP Communication on the IP network is less ... VOIP Industry Industry Current Trends. As per the reports, VoIP Industry will have a growth ...