Published on January 31, 2016
1. UPLOADED BY: DAFER SIEF
2. PROPOSED DESIGN FOR : UNIARC RESIDENCES ; STUDENTS’ RESIDENCE IN INFRASTRUCTURE UNIVERSITY KUALA LUMPUR (IUKL) A building primarily to provide sleeping and residential quarters for students and staffs in this university.
3. ABOUT THE SITE: Infrastructure University Kuala- Lumpur (IUKL) Address: Unipark Suria, Jalan Ikram-Uniten, 43000 Kajang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. GPS Coordinate : 2º58’ 46” N, 101º44/ 24”E Project site : 19494.36 m² PROPOSED SITE LOCATION
4. MASTER PLAN OF IUKL : SITE ANALYSIS :
5. WIND DIRECTION & SUN ORIENTATIONOVERVIEW : Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL) is a 100 acre campus. The campus is accessible via North-south highway and is a 30 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur city center. As the numbers of students and staffs of this university is keep increasing, they need a well designed of high-rise residence building for accommodation and facility purposes.
6. sociability through the arc … CONCEPT: Sociability Through The Arc. Social interaction is a vital aspect of students life. Lacking in causes social problems, apparently in Malaysia where ethnicity is diverse. Each mind is unique in their own way., has the possibility to gain significant achievements. Although unorthodox in form, but we believe that such an approach on bring about the purpose of the student life. Sociability through the Arc is a solution to this problem where form determines the student through a sense of community, not just in education and the consistent pouring of books. A university is a center of learning, networking, participation and recreation, thus, a student residence should act the same. Though form follows function, circular shapes can often create different results. Circularity provides a sense of unity and equality; users would feel a communal spirit within them.
7. Sustainable material: Instead of using traditional building materials, the containers provide a cheaper, safer and sustainable option as a suitable building material. Steel structure: To engage in the extensive use of steel, with minimum use of other building materials such as concrete, but also taking budget into account.
8. SCHEDULE OF ACCOMODATION (SOA) 1. General spaces ;
9. SCHEDULE OF ACCOMODATION (SOA) 2. Residences Spaces ;
10. SCHEDULE OF ACCOMODATION (SOA) 1. Facilities ;
11. Site Plan
12. Site Plan
13. Shipping containers are used to become the rooms of this buildings because it is cost effective and fast method for construction. Aspects Of The Building Design The diagram shows the floor plan of rooms available for all three blocks. Space planning becomes easy due to the fixed floor space.
14. Aspects Of The Building Design 1. 16 levels, 3blocks with a total of 330 rooms for each. in one block of the residences, therefore the 3 blocks of UniArc Residences contains 990 of rooms including single, double and quad rooms. The buildings use different container sizes to address the need for different size of rooms. The aesthetics of the containers are exposed and cantilevered for a new style of exterior outlook of this residences.
15. Aspects Of The Building Design 2. Containers are used to become the rooms a) Single Room b) Double Room
16. Aspects Of The Building Design c) Quadruple Room
17. Aspects Of The Building Design b) Discussion Room
18. Aspects Of The Building Design b) Study Room
19. 3. Containers bolted together Aspects Of The Building Design The containers are simply bolted together and once installed at the site, windows are fitted, the modules are decorated and furnished, and then the exterior of the building is cladded.
21. Top Roof
22. Night Time
23. 3. The construction did not require specialized labor and was 40 to 60% faster than the normal reinforced concrete building in our country. This kind of building construction is estimated can save at least 10% to 20% in cost. Aspects Of The Building Design 4. Cost & Time Effect
24. CARGOTECTURE : Shipping container architecture is a form of architecture using steel intermodal containers as structural element. It is also referred as cargotecture, a portmanteau of cargo with architecture. Uses In Architecture ; • As a building material has grown in popularity of the past several years due to their inherent strength, wide availability, and relatively low expense. • Build homes with containers because they are seen as more eco-friendly than traditional building materials such as brick and cement.
25. Advantages : 1.Strength and durability. 2. Modular. 3. Labor. 4. Transport. 5. Availability. 6. Expense. 7. Foundations. 8. Eco-Friendly. CARGOTECTURE :
26. BUILDING STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS (STAAD.PRO DESIGN) The concept of UniArc Residences which uses shipping container as rooms and have 15 level which occupied with 990 rooms and IBS system more preferable and stable to support the container load and live load around the building transfer to beam and column n then transfer to foundation. Steel materials are used as a column and beam to support the container. The connection between container and other structures which is use welded and bolted connection between column and beam. The design of this hostel was design in STAAD.Pro V8i. Reinforced concrete slab was assign for the walkway in the middle of the building. The concept IBS system is used to speedup construction period and flexible due to container moveable load. Figure 1: The shipping container, sized 12m x 3m is used.
27. BUILDING STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS (STAAD.PRO DESIGN) The shipping container’s weight was 2860 kg and pay load capacity is 25 000 kg and we can’t assign the container in STAAD.Pro but we can assign the load of container on the member. 2860kg >> 28.47Kn 28.4Kn / area of container (12m x 3m) = 0.79Kn/m2 0.79Kn/m2 x horizontal length of beam + other load have to consider = …3.37.kN/m (depends on the length) Dead Load = 3.37 kN/m Dead Load =2.5kN/m (Hostel) refer to BS Code Life Load = 2.7kN/m
28. Sl.No. Description UDL Load (kN/m2) Concentrated Load (kN) 1. Bathrooms and toilets in all types of buildings 2 1.8 2. Living and bed rooms 3 Office rooms in (i) Hostel, hotels, hospitals and business building with separate store 2.5 (Live Load) 2.7 (ii) In assembly buildings 3 4.5 4. Kitchens in (i) Dwelling houses 2 1.8 (ii) Hostels, hotels and hospitals 3 4.5 5. Banking halls, class rooms, X-ray rooms, operation rooms 3 4.5 6. Dining rooms in (i) Educational buildings, institutional and mercantile buildings 3 2.7 (ii) Hostels and hotels 4 2.7 7. Corridors, passages, stair cases in (i) Dwelling houses, hotels, and hostels 3 4.5 (ii) Educational, institutional and assembly buildings 4 4.5 (iii) Mercantile buildings 5 4.5 8. Reading rooms in libraries (i) With separate storage 3 4.5 (ii) Without separate storage 4 4.5 Column Stump : UC356 X 368 X 177 Column Size for building : UC356 X 368 X 153 Beam Size : UB305 X 165 X 54 Container Holder size : TUB1608012.5 Walkway : Reinforced concrete slab size 0.2 m was merged with UB305 X 165 X 54 • Bolt Connection which is use M30 to connect column and beam and M20 for container holder and container itself • Shear wall use for lift core Property of Steel Materials
29. STAADPRO DESIGN Figure 2: Whole structure and the member of column and beam Figure 3: Plate surface was assign as a Shear wall for lift core. Figure 4: Bending moment of Ground floor. Figure 5: Shear force z and y direction on member.
30. Figure 6: Top render view of UniArc Residences Block A and B. Figure 7: Side render view of UniArc Residences Block A and B. Table above shows the summary of displacement due to member. Table above shows the summary of Beam and Force.
31. Total Applied load 1 TOTAL APPLIED LOAD ( KN METE ) SUMMARY (LOADING 1 ) SUMMATION FORCE-X = 0.00 SUMMATION FORCE-Y = -161438.24 SUMMATION FORCE-Z = 0.00 Total Reaction Load 1 TOTAL REACTION LOAD( KN METE ) SUMMARY (LOADING 1 ) SUMMATION FORCE-X = 0.00 SUMMATION FORCE-Y = 161438.24 SUMMATION FORCE-Z = 0.00 SUMMATION OF MOMENTS AROUND THE ORIGIN- MX= 4695572.67 MY= 0.00 MZ= 275171.57 MAXIMUM DISPLACEMENTS ( CM /RADIANS) (LOADING 1) MAXIMUMS AT NODE X = 1.04335E+00 7944 Y = -1.41989E+00 8173 Z = 1.01648E+00 7797 RX= -2.49647E-03 1257 RY= -1.15224E-03 7882 RZ= -1.70877E-03 1260 EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL JOINT LOAD SUMMARY ( KN METE )- JT EXT FX/ EXT FY/ EXT FZ/ EXT MX/ EXT MY/ EXT MZ/ INT FX INT FY INT FZ INT MX INT MY INT MZ SUPPORT=1 238 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.72 -868.51 -0.30 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 239 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 18.33 -1002.71 -0.55 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 240 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 2.77 -1070.11 0.28 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 243 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -2.20 -1311.97 1.37 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 244 0.00 -1.74 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.59 -80.47 6.09 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 245 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -7.04 -1877.43 -9.16 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 246 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -0.76 -1102.06 0.65 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 247 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -3.89 -974.29 0.25 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 248 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.08 -901.93 -0.18 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 249 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 6.97 -1845.73 3.19 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 250 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -0.77 -777.01 -0.13 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 251 0.00 -1.74 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -2.76 -126.01 12.40 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 252 0.00 -6.94 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.31 -883.08 -0.03 0.00 0.00 0.00 111000 ***TOTAL APPLIED LOAD ( KN METE ) SUMMARY (LOADING 2 ) SUMMATION FORCE-X = 0.00 SUMMATION FORCE-Y = -104016.01 SUMMATION FORCE-Z = 0.00 SUMMATION OF MOMENTS AROUND THE ORIGIN- MX= -3014467.56 MY= 0.00 MZ= -210624.92 TOTAL REACTION LOAD( KN METE ) SUMMARY (LOADING 2 ) SUMMATION FORCE-X = 0.00 SUMMATION FORCE-Y = 104016.01 SUMMATION FORCE-Z = 0.00 SUMMATION OF MOMENTS AROUND THE ORIGIN- MX= 3014467.53 MY= 0.00 MZ= 210624.92 MAXIMUM DISPLACEMENTS ( CM /RADIANS) (LOADING 2) MAXIMUMS AT NODE X = 7.50485E-01 7944 Y = -1.00336E+00 8173 Z = 7.32269E-01 7797 RX= -1.72856E-03 1257 RY= -8.23866E-04 7882 RZ= -1.11287E-03 1260
32. Pile Cap Geometrical Data Pile Cap Length PCL = 3.598 m Pile Cap Width PCW = 2.500 m Initial Pile Cap Thickness tI = 0.300 m Pile Geometrical Data Pile spacing Ps = 1.500 m Pile Edge distance e = 0.500 m Pile Diameter dp = 0.500 m Pile Capacities Axial Capacity PP = 500.000 kN Lateral Capacity PL = 100.000 kN Uplift Capacity PU = 300.000 kN FOUNDATION DESIGN (PILING) PILE CAP DESIGN-NODE P238 Material Properties Concrete f'c = 25.000 kN/m^2 Reinforcement fy = 460.000 kN/m^2 Concrete Cover Bottom Clear Cover CCB = 0.050 m Side Clear Cover CCS = 0.050 m Pile in Pile Cap PCP = 0.075 m Loading applied at top of cap Load Case Fx (kN) Fy (kN) Fz (kN) Mx (kNm) My (kNm) Mz (kNm) 1 0.722 -875.452 -0.304 0.000 0.000 0.000 2 0.287 -602.273 -0.265 0.000 0.000 0.000 3 1.009 -1477.725 -0.569 0.000 0.000 0.000 4 1.471 -2189.269 -0.849 0.000 0.000 0.000 Pile Cap size (in investigated direction) H = 3.598 m Pile Cap size (in investigated perpendicular direction) B = 2.500 m Piles are used to transfer a surface load to competent soil or rock layer at depth when surface layer is not adequate or not economically feasible to use. For this design spun pile type were used to build up pile cap design which merge with I-beam steel.
33. _ Arrangement Reaction Pile No. X (m) Y (m) Axial (kN) Lateral (kN) Uplift (kN) 1 -1.299 -0.750 -309.036 0.232 0.000 2 -1.299 0.750 -308.922 0.232 0.000 3 0.000 0.000 -309.037 0.232 0.000 4 1.299 0.750 -309.038 0.232 0.000 5 1.299 -0.750 -309.152 0.232 0.000 Maximum bar size allowed along length # 32 Maximum bar size allowed along width # 20 Bending Moment At Critical Section = -1007.520 kNm (Along Length) Bending Moment At Critical Section = -509.797 kNm (Along Width) Pile Cap Thickness t = 0.842 m Selected bar size along length # 12 Selected bar size along width # 12 Selected bar spacing along length = 79.60 mm Selected bar spacing along width = 102.53 mm PILE CAP DESIGN CALCULATION Pile reactions: Total pile number N = 5 REINFORCEMENT CALCULATION Maximum bar size allowed along length # 32 Maximum bar size allowed along width # 20 Bending Moment At Critical Section = -1007.520 kNm (Along Length) Bending Moment At Critical Section = -509.797 kNm (Along Width) Pile Cap Thickness t = 0.842 m Selected bar size along length # 12 Selected bar size along width # 12 Selected bar spacing along length = 79.60 mm Selected bar spacing along width = 102.53 mm
34. PILE CAP THICKNESS CHECK Calculated Thickness' (t) = 0.842m Check for Moment (Along Length) Critical Load Case for thickness is reported only when required thickness is more than the given minimum thickness. Critical Load Case : 4 Check for Moment (Along Width) Critical Load Case for thickness is reported only when required thickness is more than the given minimum thickness. Critical Load Case : 4
35. Check for One Way Shear (Along Length) Check for One Way Shear (Along Width)
36. Check for One Way Shear Check for Two Way Shear (Along Length)
37. Table : The Pile cap summary for each node.
38. STEEL TYPE LENGTH (m) PRICE (RM) UB 305X165X54 42322.80 48,781,843.00 UC 356X368X177 2502.72 3,316,077.00 TUB 1608012.5 21446.80 10,935,498.00 UC 356X368X153 11622.51 12,652,068.00 GRAND TOTAL COST 75,685,487.00 STRUCTURE TAKING OFF AND TOTAL COST OF STRUCTURE STEEL TAKING OFF FROM STAADPRO STEEL TAKE-OFF PROFILE LENGTH(METER) WEIGHT(KN ) ST UB305X165X54 42322.80 22368.411 ST UC356X368X177 2502.72 4345.013 ST TUB1608012.5 21446.80 8583.640 ST UC356X368X153 11622.51 17410.745 TOTAL = 52707.808 STEEL TOTAL COST The material of steel cost estimate by the length of each type of steel by follow latest CIDB market price. The table below show the grand total price of cost. Table 2.0: The total cost for structure.
Uni Arc Co., Ltd. (UNAC) is an authorized distributor of OTC-DAIHEN in Thailand, Uni Arc has become a leading full line supplier of arc welding equipment
German ARC node newsletter If you wish to stay informed about the latest ALMA developments, calls for proposals, data releases, conferences/workshops and ...
ARC: Health and Fitness. ARC: Health and Fitness is a multi-purpose gym in the heart of Glasgow city centre yards from Buchanan Street bus station and a ...
Arc is your student organisation. Our mission is to make your life at Uni more interesting, more fun, more personally rewarding, and ultimately more ...
stantial performance gains in terms of an improved hit ratio compared with LRU for a wide range of cache sizes. ARC INTUITION ARC maintains two LRU pages ...
email@example.com. Lizenzserver des Rechenzentrums ; Dr. Klaus Braun Fakultät für Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen Physische Geographie
Moderne Tapete beige einfarbig für Kinderzimmer Jungen und Mädchen aus der Kollektion Casadeco Arc en ciel.
»arc Architektur »sr Stadt- und Raumplanung. Aktuelles von der Fakultät. Keine Nachrichten in dieser Ansicht. Seitenanfang; Impressum © 2007-2015.
Zusätzliche ILIAS und Moodle Schulungstermine im November und Dezember 2015, Michalik, Monika, 02.11.2015