Published on July 11, 2016
1. = Understanding the 8 Keys to Security Success
2. A CISO’s Competing Priorities Manage risk and ensure the security of our organizations. Create an environment where business can be transacted seamlessly, conveniently and securely.
3. Security success no longer means preventing a breach. It now means achieving a balance between prevention, compliance, threat management and preparation.
4. From decades of helping organizations achieve security success, we have come up with this list of eight things organizations should be doing in order to achieve security success.
5. 1 Have a coordinated operational and technical capability approach to prevention, detection and remediation of events and incidents.
6. This sounds easy, but it requires buy-in and participation across the organization. Business and data owners must take ownership and responsibility for the security of data under their purview. This often means getting non-security personnel involved in security conversations.
7. 2 Have a centralized, systematic (technological or otherwise) way of sharing knowledge related to threats and incidents.
8. Information regarding current and imminent threats and incidents is extremely valuable. This information could be used to help prevent attacks from spreading across an enterprise. But, information silos prevent effective notification of emerging threats and attackers use this to their advantage. SHARING INFO
9. 3 Stay ahead of threats with continuous configuration management and analysis.
10. Your technology is only as good as its configuration. This also requires highly trained specialists who are skilled in the use of a particular technology.
11. 4 Deploy the right security technology.
12. Technology is the tools used by your people to enable your processes. Without the people and the process in place, the technology will never be fully utilized. Take the time to evaluate what you have. TECHNOLOGY
13. 5 Keep systems running efficiently and beat alert fatigue with a managed solution.
14. You can’t solve security problems with technology alone. Organizations struggle to keep up with the vast quantities of alarms and alerts that most technologies generate. Managed security services are a great option to help one operationalize the maintenance of systems and streamline alert triage. MALWARE
15. 6 Respond to threats in a timely, and consistent manner.
16. They key is to be able to identify those threats quickly and be prepared with a response plan. Leveraging advanced tools such as behavioral analytics is one way to get ahead of the curve. Finding compromises early and being able to respond and minimize impact is what security success is all about. ANALYTIC TOOLS
17. 7 Employ a consistent approach to the handling of incidents and threats from identification through closure.
18. Organizations who have a well- developed approach to working through these incidents have an advantage. Having a trusted partner that can provide you with actionable intelligence helps maximize the efficacy of your team and improves your ability to respond and contain incidents.
19. 8 Apply metrics around the efficiency of information security technologies, processes and people.
20. Organizations that continually track key metrics are far more likely to achieve security success. Having the reporting and data needed to understand what is working and what needs improvement will help you make educated decisions on what to change, improve or do more of.
21. 858.693.5655 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Concept of Key Success Factors: ... A theory and/or method contributing to an understanding of the key success factors in an ... 8. Meet budgetary ...
Find great deals on eBay for keys to success keys to success napoleon hill. ... Your Key to Success: Understanding ... NEW 8 Keys to Management Success for ...
SUCCESS Partners With Coach John Wooden's Family to Launch Digital Learning Course That Focuses On His ... 4 Keys to... Emma Johnson. How to Find Your ...
Understanding Understanding. ... (See Chapters 6 through 8 for further discussions on crafting ... success at which indicates understanding; ...
Key Performance Indicators, also known as KPIs or Key Success Indicators ... Understanding and Identifying Critical Success Factors and Indicators.
It's one of the biggest things to which I attribute my success. ... because I know being understanding will give ... Social Security Watch Out for These ...
The 5 Keys to Understanding the Marketplace. ... 2003 • 8 songs • Soundtracks • Comedy / Spoken Word ... Made For Success Total duration ...
THE KEYS TO CHAPTER 13 SUCCESS ... Understanding the information in this book can save ... Social Security number, ...
Las Llaves del Éxito: The Keys to Success Currently selected. ... Understanding Financial Aid; ... 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Critical Success Factors Identifying the Things That Really Matter for Success