Published on June 21, 2016
1. Immigrant Visas Appointments Scheduled by NVC
2. Applications Processed By NVC If your application is being processed by the National Visa Center (NVC), they will schedule the appointment for your visa interview before sending your file to the Embassy The following presentation will help you understand what your next steps are and how to reschedule the appointment, if necessary
3. You must confirm your appointment date online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv before you attend your interview I Have My Appointment Date What Is The Next Step?
4. I Have My Appointment Date What Is The Next Step? While you are confirming your appointment online, you will be asked to register with the Embassy’s contracted courier service This will be for the return of your documents if your application is successful
5. You can choose to have your documents delivered to one of the courier depots or, for an additional fee, to your preferred address You cannot collect your passport in person at the Embassy Registering with the Courier Service
6. I Have My Appointment Date What Is The Next Step? Schedule and Attend Your Medical Examination All applicants, regardless of age, are required to undergo a medical examination, with the Embassy’s approved physician in London, before attending the visa interview
7. It is not possible to have your visa interview and medical examination on the same day If the medical report has not been received by the time of your visa interview, your application cannot be processed NOTE: It takes 5 working days for the results of the medical examination to reach the Embassy Scheduling Your Medical Examination
8. Can I Reschedule My Visa Interview? Yes!
9. Log into your account at https://ais.usvisa- info.com/en-gb/iv and select “I Cannot Attend My Appointment” and follow the instructions Rescheduling Your Visa Interview
10. Rescheduling Your Visa Interview The appointment booking system reflects real-time appointment availability If the available dates are not suitable, please check periodically as cancellations occur on a regular basis Please note that you cannot reschedule your appointment to an earlier date than that which was scheduled for you by the NVC
11. You will not be sent a new appointment letter You must print your appointment details via “Print Instructions” and bring it with you to your visa interview Rescheduling Your Visa Interview
12. IMPORTANT NOTE Are you registered in the family sponsored (F-1, F-2, F-3, F-4) or employment based (E-1, E-2, E-3, E4, E5) categories? If you need to reschedule your appointment you should choose a date in the same month as your original appointment date
13. I Have Missed My Appointment How do I Reschedule?
14. Log into your account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to select “Missed My Appointment” and follow the instructions provided I Have Missed My Appointment How do I Reschedule?
15. Remember… NVC will schedule your visa interview You must register with the courier service for the return of your documents You must undergo a medical examination before attending your interview Appointments can be rescheduled online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv
16. Visa issuance is not guaranteed We therefore recommend that you do not make final travel plans unless you have received your passport containing a valid visa Remember…
17. Now that you have confirmed the appointment for your visa interview, it is time to prepare for it Please note that you will be required to furnish all original documents on the day Further information is available on the Embassy’s website at https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family- immigration/the-interview-2/
18. Click on the logos below for information and updates from U.S. Embassy London! Special Relationship Magazine Follow us!