Published on December 23, 2016
1. A bolt is a uniformly threaded fastener. Bolts can be manufactured with or without a head, the same applies to their threads too – they can be threaded wholly or partly. TYPES OF BOLT
2. A bolt is a fastener threaded partially, with a shaft (smooth space) left between the head and the end of the threading. A bolt is designed to fasten objects with the help of a nut. Driven in an already drilled hole; nuts are used to counter lock the bolts, thereby providing reinforcement to the fastened object. WHAT IS A BOLT?
3. The following are the varieties of bolt available widely: • Anchor Bolt • Machine Bolt • Carriage Bolts • Elevator Bolts • T-bolts WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF BOLT?
4. 1. An Anchor bolt functions to joins an object to concrete. 2. Manufactured with an external thread at its end, these bolts are inserted through holes in already constructed parts and are tightened by a nut. 3. They are rust-resistant and vigorous. Uses: They are useful in nuclear plants, dams, reservoirs, home renovation, etc. ANCHOR BOLT
5. 1. A Machine bolt functions to clamp two metal objects together. 2. They have a threaded shaft with a square or hexagon-shaped head at on end. 3. A socket wrench is used to either fasten or loosen the bolt during operation. 4. Stainless Steel and Silicon Bronze, these bolts resist corrosion. Uses: Brass and Aluminium bolt is useful in marine and aerospace sectors. MACHINE BOLT
6. 1. A Carriage bolt functions to fasten Metal to Wood. 2. These bolts have a round head, twice the diameter of its shaft. 3. Below the head is a square fitting for nut fitting, giving reinforcement to the bolt, preventing it from twisting. 4. They are used in corrosive environments. Uses: Furniture, automobiles, outdoor decks, etc. CARRIAGE BOLTS
7. 1. An Elevator bolt functions to fasten soft, flexible items. 2. These bolts too are threaded usually have big, flat head with an undercut for a nut. 3. Also known as Belt bolts; they are widely available in Steel, which limits their use to non-rustic surroundings. 4. They are plated in Carbon, Carbon Steel, and Zinc Uses: Conveyer systems, agricultural belting systems, etc. ELEVATOR BOLTS
8. 1. A T-bolt functions to fit into any slot and grips with ease with the help of a wrench. 2. They are durable and convenient, with a full contact surface improving its grip. 3. These bolts resist vibration and get produced in Aluminium, Brass, Stainless Steel, Copper, etc. Uses: They are used in building construction, automobiles, furniture, instruments, etc. T-BOLTS
9. To know more about Bolts and their types visit http://www.fitwelindia.com/
Fastener Type Chart. Print this page . Printable Version (PDF) ... Bolts with a hexagonal head with threads for use with a nut or tapped hole. Abbreviated HHMB or ...
Fasteners are identified by four or five attributes; Type, ... Fastener type can be divided into information on the Category or kind of fastener, ...
List of bolt types. by Jason Haas. Because route developers have at times used a wide variety of “hardware store specials” to equip routes, this list may not ...
Types Of Bolts, Wholesale Various High Quality Types Of Bolts Products from Global Types Of Bolts Suppliers and Types Of Bolts Factory,Importer,Exporter at Alibaba.com.
A fastener is a hardware device that mechanically joins or affixes two or more objects together. In general, fasteners are used to create non-permanent joints; that ...
TYPES OF BOLTS. There are several types of bolts used to connect the structural elements. Some of the bolts commonly used are: a) Unfinished bolts
Types Of Nuts Bolts, Wholesale Various High Quality Types Of Nuts Bolts Products from Global Types Of Nuts Bolts Suppliers and Types Of Nuts Bolts Factory,Importer ...