Published on March 10, 2014
TXU Energy Strategic Partner Evolution Story March 4, 2014 Utility Credit & Collections Symposium Shane McDonald, Sr. Manager of Credit Strategy, TXU Energy Jay Metcalf, Sr. Manager of Planning & Contract Management , TXU Energy Scott Weeth, VP Account Management TELUS International
About TXU Energy Our TXU Energy Vision Be the preferred retail energy partner in the communities we serve, by delivering superior value to our customers and stakeholders by having the finest people and solutions.
About TXU Energy Leading provider of electricity in the state of Texas Serving 1.7 million households and businesses Texas Electricity market was deregulated in 2001 Texas has the highest consumption of electricity in all of the US roughly equivalent to Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Mississippi combined
Customers in Texas have Choice TXUE differentiates itself through Innovation providing customers Choice, Convenience and Control Superior service is the foundation of our business Texas is a growing market with intense competition Brand is important and ours is Trustworthy, Customer Centric, Dependable, and Innovative - 5 regions - 50 competitors - 250 plans / region - 5.5 million competitive households
About TELUS International Global arm of TELUS, our $13B telco parent with 13M customer connections TELUS is a top 500 global brand worth over $3.6B (Brand Finance) Since 2005, TELUS International provides CCO & BPO solutions 16,000 team members across North America, Central America, Asia and Europe serving global clients Care, tech support, sales, credit and collections for some of the world’s largest brands 150M+ customer interactions via voice, email, chat and social media Finding the right partner:
Our Partnership – Evolved Over Time Our partnership started in 2005 with a pilot Today, ~50% of FTEs serve front and back office requirements Locations: Guatemala, El Salvador and Xela New lines of business added over the years: - Sales - Retention - Service - Chat - Issue Management - Exceptions - Credit & Collections - Back Office Trusted advisor role - reinventing processes: - Training - Complaint Reduction - Efficiencies - Use of Six Sigma Finding the right partner:
Vendor to Partner – What Got Us There? Vendor Partner Productivity Focused Quality Focused • Primarily low-complexity or low value contracts • Emphasis on front line rep productivity • Focus on substantial labor cost savings • Utilize outsourcers for a growing variety of contract types and segments • Look to vendor for customer insight and experience improvement areas • Balance saving and efficiency with quality goals Service Organization Priority: Outsourcing Approach: In house Operations Vendor Productivity Focused In house Operations Partner Collaborative Relationship Relationship with Vendor: Finding the right partner:
1. Align on Culture Lessons learned: One team, one goal, one customer experience We live the same brand values We enable customer experience innovation through spirited teamwork, agile thinking, and a caring culture that puts customers first. TXU Energy TELUS International
2. Make Innovation Part of Your DNA In our competitive industry, product and service innovation is essential. Why? Makes it easy for customers Makes them want to stay But this requires our partners to keep pace Responsive, expert, consistent support on our latest products and services Supported by transparency and trust with open access to all TXU Energy systems Help customers “use less of what we sell.” Lessons learned:
3. Deliver Omnichannel Service Customers are creating more self-serve interactions than ever before. Agents are becoming Trusted Advisors. Omnichannel service is expected via mobile, self-serve, social media, chat, email and voice. Agents must be flexible, yet consistent when serving customers in their preferred contact channel Partners must support seasonality and channel spikes Natural Voice IVR Web Self-Serve Mobile – TXU Energy App Social Media Support Lessons learned:
4. Invest in Your People Help your team members excel both professionally and personally Video: http://youtu.be/OEtgkWV1oSM Establish a community of learning and engagement: T.Life Put “career first, company” second: TELUS International University (TIU) Create future leaders: TXU Energy Intern Program graduates Lessons learned:
5. Deliver on Your Customer Experience Commitment “Meaningful” CSAT measurement takes time to get it right: Evolves as your products change Evolves as your customers change Evolves as your competitors change Today: - Voice of the Customer (VOC) - Net Promoter Model - CSAT outbound calls - 300 to 500 sample calls/month Evolution of Measurement at TXU Energy: Post Call Survey: - Customer Effort - Customer Satisfaction - Agent Ownership - 40K calls per month Lessons learned:
6. Build a “Caring” Culture Brands need to stand for something bigger – have meaning A shared commitment to giving back enables better CSAT 26 TXU Energy team members + 150 TELUS International team members Built an entire classroom in one day TELUS (and TXU Energy) Day of GivingTXU Energy in Action Video: http://youtu.be/8abM7fO139A Lessons learned:
7. Invest in Recognition and Fun! Themed rooms provide a cultural reference to client geo location Company branded items show agents they are an extension of the team (the TXU Energy shoe!) Team building events to get to know the global team – climbing a volcano! Recognition programs keep agents engaged Lessons learned:
Results from a True Partnership Sales Performance #1 partner in Sales for more than 3 consecutive years Lowest historical attrition – below 20% annualized The partner to beat for conversion and customer retention rates Customer Satisfaction Took ownership to create an agent level dashboard for Post Call Survey. Which was later adopted by TXUE for enterprise wide reporting. Back Office Continuous improvements and efficiencies = reduced FTEs, but more TXU Energy lines of business A shared counterintuitive commitment to “use less of what we sell.” Results:
Results from Transforming the Customer Experience 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 BPO Transformation Stabilization Optimization Customization CRM Platform Upgrade Reconfiguration Initiative TENETS Self Service Innovation Best In Class Low Effort CE Methodology Fast Cheap Quality Good Customer Experience (CE) Cost Conscious Improving Quality Improving CE Best In Class Calls (mm) PERFORMANCE BASELINE Future years represented as variance to BASELINE (20%) (33%) (50%) (53%) Satisfaction + 1% + 3% + 6% + 7% FCR + 8% + 12% + 13% + 15% Web (mm) + 0.9 + 1.4 + 1.8 + 1.8 IVR Completion + 15% + 22% + 23% + 23% Regulatory Complaints (38%) (69%) (82%) (88%) Contact Center Reconfiguration strategy represents a phased evolution of the Customer Experience by engaging with high quality Partners aligned with our brand expectations, a better experience for our customers and improved operating metrics. Results:
Thank you! Questions? Learn more: Shane McDonald | TXU Energy Sr. Manager, Credit Strategy firstname.lastname@example.org http://txu.com Jay Metcalf | TXU Energy Sr. Manager, Vendor Management email@example.com http://txu.com Scott Weeth | TELUS International firstname.lastname@example.org http://telusinternational.com
Canvas Prints at Affordable Prices make you smile.Visit http://www.shopcanvasprint...
30 Días en Bici en Gijón organiza un recorrido por los comercios históricos de la ...
Con el fin de conocer mejor el rol que juega internet en el proceso de compra en E...
With three established projects across the country and seven more in the pipeline,...
Retailing is not a rocket science, neither it's walk-in-the-park. In this presenta...
View 7349 Building Strategic Partnerships ... Capacity Building in Strategic Partnerships Development and ... TXU Energy and TELUS International ...
View 7536 • Building Strategic Partnerships posts, presentations, experts, and more. Get the professional knowledge you need on LinkedIn.
Share Building Strategic Security Partnerships: ... SHIP & PORT FACILITY SECURITY International ... TXU Energy and TELUS International - Building Strategic ...
Share DOE Office of High Energy Physics: Program and Partnerships. ... Office of International Information Programs ... Building Strategic Partnerships.
Strategic Partnerships are at best Strategic Vendors and in some cases simply Tactical Suppliers. ... TXU Energy and TELUS International - Building ...
View 1730062 Strategic Partnerships posts, presentations, experts, and more. ... Strategic Planning (514,095 members) Marketing Strategy (510,725 members)
At TELUS International we believe in serving the ... TELUS International About us Our social purpose. ... whether it’s building entire schools in ...
LinkedIn es la red de negocios más grande del mundo que ayuda a profesionales como Tatiana Nasser a ... TELUS International ... TXU Energy account within ...