Published on November 22, 2016
1. TRICKS TO SECURE YOUR WORDPRESS SITE FROM HACKERS Phone : +91 9561770305, +91 9860995414 Website : www.techenvision.in
2. Is Your website Secure?
3. If A Hacker Gains Access To Your Website, What Can They Really do?
4. Anything they want:-
5. For Wordpress Security there are some tricks to Secure your Site from Hackers.
6. 1. Set up website lockdown and blocked users
7. 2. Two-Factor Authentication
8. 3. Use email as login •Using an email ID instead of a username is a more secure approach •Any WordPress user account is always created with a unique email address •Usernames are easy to predict, while email IDs are not
9. 4.Rename your login URL
10. 5.Set strong passwords for your database & Website
11. 6.Protect the wp-admin directory 1
12. Protect the wp-admin directory
13. 7.Change the admin username Never choose “admin” as the username for your main administrator account
14. Backup your: Database Uploaded media(wp-content/uploads) Custom themes and plugins keep a list of your installed third-party plugins 8.Back up your site regularly
15. 8.Protect the wp-config.php file The wp-config.php file holds crucial information about your WordPress installation, and it’s in fact the most important file in your site’s root directory. Protecting it means protecting the core of your WordPress blog It gets difficult for hackers to breach the security of your site if the wp- config.php file becomes inaccessible to them. 1. Change Database Prefix ($table_prefix) 2. Disable Editing of Theme/ Plug-in files 3. Disallowing user to install plugins, themes or doing updates. 4. Forcing use of FTP for all uploads, upgrades and plug-in installation. 5. Change Security Keys 6. Move wp-config.php out of the core WordPress folder
16. 9.Set directory permissions carefully Wrong directory permissions can be fatal, especially if you’re working in a shared hosting environment. In such a case, changing files and directory permissions is a good move to secure the website at the hosting level. Setting the directory permissions to “755” and files to “644” protects the whole file system – directories, subdirectories, and individual files. This can be done either manually via the File Manager inside your hosting control panel, or through the terminal (connected with SSH) – use the “chmod” command.
17. 10.Disable directory listing with .htaccess If you create a new directory as part of your website and do not put an index.html file in it, you may be surprised to find that your visitors can get a full directory listing of everything that’s in that directory. Themes and plugins are essential ingredients of any WordPress website. Unfortunately, they can also pose serious security threats. Let’s find out how we can secure WordPress themes and plugins the right way:
18. 11.Update regularly Keep Your WordPress Core, Plugins and Themes Up-TO-date for better performance ,higher security protocols and bug fixes
19. 12.Remove your WordPress version number - Your current WordPress version number can be found very easily. It’s basically sitting right there in your site’s source view. - Here’s the thing, if the hackers know which version of WordPress you use, it’s easier for them to tailor-build the perfect attack.
20. Thank You To Know more take a look @ Click Here Contact Us: +91 9561770305, +91 9860995414