Published on March 21, 2014
India’s Wildlife Destinations. A Quick Walkthrough India has always been and even today reckoned as a destination blessed with the most amazing flora and fauna in the world. So, there is no dearth of spectacular wildlife tours in the country. When organized by experienced and professional tour operators of India, taking a stroll or driving through lush green forests, swamps and backwaters can be an enthralling and exceptionally memorable experience. India is a land of magnificent elephants, wild boars, flying foxes, glorious tigers and other striped cats. Sighting them in zoos and enclosures are quite common. They neither make the animals happy nor create a unique experience for visitors and tourists. But safari tours are a different breed altogether. Explore India and its myriad shades with wildlife. Over the last 10 years, wildlife tourism has developed at a growth of 25 percent every year. While a predominant portion of travelers are from India, there continues to be a steady and substantial number of tourists from other countries as well. Wildlife tours in the country are specific to some states and regions. These are often the ones that boast of priceless sights and experiences in pristine expanses of land. Here are some of such regions where wildlife lives in style.
1. Gujarat Gujarat is known for heritage, temples, artifacts and many other things but what is mysterious and captivating is a region hidden away from urban population. The wild side of Gujarat is best explored in Velavadar National Park famous for blackbucks and the Gir National Park where you can see the magnificent Asiatic lions. Three hour jeep safaris will take you around the park where you do not just sight lions but also 40 other animals including the spotted deer, gazelles, antelopes, sambar and 300 species of birds besides others. 2. Kaziranga and Meghalaya Two of the most popular wildlife regions of the country, Kaziranga and Meghalaya are home to thick and lush green forests, exotic birdlife and tall grasses hiding many predators. Safari tours in this part of the country must be accompanied by sharp binoculars for you can sight the elusive tiger and the one horned rhinoceros, both of which are India’s pride. The very famous elephant safari is the star attraction of Kaziranga. 3. Nepal The North Eastern Crown of India, figuratively, Nepal is not just home to the vast and celebrated Himalayan ranges but an exotic range of wildlife in full glory. The Chitwan National Park is one of the very popular parks of India rich in both flora and fauna. Besides, wildlife tours, Nepal is home to the best trekking tours and adventure holidays.
India is also home to several other celebrated national parks and wildlife sanctuaries including Nagarhole and Bandipur in Karnataka, Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, Sundarbans in West Bengal and several others. Safari tours are the most popular ways of exploring these national parks and reserves. There is a certain amount of discipline to show while at the park because many of these species are endangered. Also, personal safety is of prime importance. Therefore, hire trusted and expert tour operators in India while you explore India’s wildlife. Top 10 Wildlife Safaris in India 1. Kaziranga National Park, Assam
2. Bandipur National Park, Karnataka 3. Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand
4. Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh 5. Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
6. Gir National Park and Sasan Gir Sanctuary, Gujarat 7. Keoladeo Ghana National Park – Bharatpur, Rajasthan
8. Periyar National Park, Kerala 9. Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
10. Pench National Park, Madhya Pradesh
Krishna Holidays is a well established Adventure and Tour operating company in Ris...
Learn about Fastport Passport, we offer expedited passport and visa solutions nati...
Aircraft leasing is an important decision and before making such an important purc...
Private jets can be hired by companies and individuals to travel in jets in a more...
Here are India’s top 10 places for enjoying unforgettable wildlife safari holidays. Read and take a virtual tour
Staying amidst lush greenery top 10 Wildlife Safari Camps in India and explore wilderness in indian national parks and wildlife sanctuary in their natural ...
India has more than 200 wildlife sanctuaries and about 100 of them are classified as National Parks. However some are better than others and still unexplored.
India; India's Best Wildlife Safaris . By Dan ... See our slideshow of 10 Amazing Indian Safaris. ... The Southern region conducts top elephant safaris.
India’s 7 best safari spots ... Purvaja Sawant explores wildlife sanctuaries in India ... Serena Williams among top contenders at Laureus awards;
... wildlife sanctuaries in India which house many rare species of birds and animals. Here is a list of top 10 wildlife ... wildlife and Tiger Trail Safari ...
India's 10 best wildlife safaris. Dan Oko, Travel+Leisure. ... For tigers, head to Madhya Pradesh. The Southern region conducts top elephant safaris.
Wildlife Safari In India - India Safaris offer amazing wildlife tour and travel service. ... Tiger spotting in Central India and The Taj 11 Days/ 10 Nights.
India's top 6 safari parks ... Sasan Gir Wildlife Sanctuary, ... Daniel McCrohan is currently researching the 14th edition of Lonely Planet's latest India ...