Published on July 1, 2016
1. Ranny Lacanienta Director, Academic Product Strategy SirsiDynix Today’s forecast for your campus: BLUEcloud!
2. • MOOCs and online education • Class size/budget cuts • leading to high faculty::student ratios (fewer research assignments) • Fewer resources (collection, personnel, programs/professional dev) • Declining circulation/gate counts • Library space experimentation Top Academic Library Challenges
3. • New initiatives and collaborative opportunities • Cooperative roles for researchers, repositories and journal publishers • Partnerships related to discovery and re-use of data • Open access • Open education (OERs) Top Academic Trends Source: acrl.org
4. Life is about connections.
5. We want you to thrive and flourish.
6. B L E U est ibrary ser xperience
7. BLUEcloud: /blo͞o-kloud/ (n.) Powerful, next-generation, web-based platform that works with both Horizon and Symphony and uses a Service Oriented Architecture.
8. Best-of-Breed: /blo͞o-kloud/ (adj.) An open software development approach focused on choice, flexibility, and connectivity.
9. It’s all about: Integration Extensibility Connectivity Openness Flexibility Expandability Partnerships and Alliances
10. Ken Chad, “Rethinking the Library Systems Platform” Jan 2016 No single vendor will be able to develop all the applications necessary to meet the requirements of a library —and librarians like to see choice in the market. ’’ ’’
11. The All-in-one Approach
12. All-in-one Caution: Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should
13. The Best-of-breed Approach Use the best tool for the job
14. BLUEcloud How to get to
15. No Migration Keep your same database Leave your data untouched Retain your integrations Choose your pace
16. No Migration Keep your same database Leave your data untouched Retain your integrations Choose your pace You are herealready
17. You don’t move to BLUEcloud… comes to you.
18. Library Services Platform (LSP) • Cloud-based
19. Library Services Platform (LSP) • Cloud-based • Multitenant
20. Library Services Platform (LSP) • Cloud-based • Multitenant • Offers API/Web Services
21. Library Services Platform (LSP) • Cloud-based • Multitenant • Offers API/Web Services • Integrates physical and electronic resources Physical Electronic
22. True Open Platform As a true open platform, BC Campus offers a complete package using • Existing java apps
23. True Open Platform As a true open platform, BC Campus offers a complete package using • Existing java apps • New web apps
24. True Open Platform As a true open platform, BC Campus offers a complete package using • Existing java apps • New web apps • Integrated open source apps
25. True Open Platform As a true open platform, BC Campus offers a complete package using • Existing java apps • New web apps • Integrated open source apps • Third-party partner apps
26. SirsiDynix & EBSCO Strategic Partnership The world’s most comprehensive eJournal content plugged into the world’s most robust Discovery platform
27. Why Partner with EBSCO? Size matters EBSCO is the largest intermediary between publishers and content providers. EDS includes content from over 22,000 publishers Metadata matters EBSCO does more metadata enhancement than any other discovery provider. • Robust subject indexing for precision • Full-Text searching for completeness Technology matters • Robust and complete API • Superior Relevance Ranking • Superior Value Ranking
28. BLUEcloud Campus Open Platform for Best-of-Breed Integration
29. BLUEcloud Campus Campus Connection BLUEcloud plugins for Student Information Systems, Learning Management Systems, and more
30. BLUEcloud Campus Acquisitions Integration with electronic & physical suppliers for selection, ordering, invoicing, and payment
31. BLUEcloud Campus Discovery API/Web Services for third party discovery services
32. BLUEcloud Campus Metadata Resources Resources for copy cataloging and database enrichment services
33. BLUEcloud Campus Interlibrary Loan Discovery, Widgets, NCIP, and API/Web Services integration for ILL & Document Delivery services
34. BLUEcloud Campus eResources Discovery, Acquisitions, and Knowledge Base Integration for electronic resources
35. BLUEcloud Campus Commerce API/Web Services eCommerce and Retail Purchase services for Discovery and Circulation
36. BLUEcloud Campus Digital Archives & Institutional Repositories Discovery integration using OAI-PMH and API/Web Services
37. Analytics • Cloud based • Auto-harvest of catalog data • Drag & Drop analytics • Output in multiple formats • Subscriptions to reports • Easy drill-down, filtering, graphs, sorting, etc. • Import local databases • Includes support for tablets and smartphones • Import 3rd party data
38. Linked Data • Underlying BLUEcloud database will be transformed to Linked Data (BibFrame) • SD ILS databases will remain MARC-native • Phase 1: BLUEcloud Visibility • Phase 2: CloudSource
39. Discovery BookMyne(+) Enterprise PAC Portfolio Social Library Staff Analytics Acquisitions Cataloging Central Circulation MobileCirc Serials Marketplace CloudSource Community Funded Services eResource Central eResource Management Interlibrary Loan Lists Visibility BLUEcloud Horizon Symphony
40. Discovery BookMyne(+) Enterprise PAC Portfolio Social Library Staff Analytics Acquisitions Cataloging Central Circulation MobileCirc Serials Connections CloudSource Community Funded Services eResource Central eResource Management Interlibrary Loan Lists Visibility BLUEcloud
41. eRc Vendors
42. 9,000,000+ titles available 1,000,000+ patron downloads
43. Makes your collection visible where patrons and students are looking—the internet. BLUEcloud Visibility
44. BLUEcloud Visibility • 23 Customers live • Collections of over 13 Million catalog records • Transformed to Over 95 Million BIBFRAME resources • If all of you were live on BC Visibility…. Over 20 Trillion BIBFRAME resources!
45. Early Impact Metrics • 3 customers with Google Analytics data • Approximately 300,000 patrons • Connected 9,000 search engine users to the catalog • 91% are new visitors to the catalog BLUECLOUD VISIBILITY
46. And now, Where do we go from here? Our connections...
47. Content Connections Library Connections Partner Connections
48. Library Connections
49. Partner Connections
50. Content Connections
51. Content Connections
52. Content Connections Library Connections Partner Connections
53. Web makes these Connections possible. APIs & Web Services Open. Flexible.
54. Web Direction of BLUEcloud. This is the
55. Thank you.
Ranny Lacanienta Director, Academic Product Strategy SirsiDynix Today’s forecast for your campus: BLUEcloud!
Ou Campus. Articles, experts, jobs, and more: ... FSEM Intern at University of Denver, Campus Vote Coordinator at Campus Compact of the Mountain West, ...
· Today's forecast for your campus: BLUEcloud [Descargar presentación] Ranny Lacanienta Director de Estrategias para Productos Académicos - Sirsi Dynix
But what does this really mean for your ... content and content management tools seamlessly integrated into the BLUEcloud Campus Library ...
The Union Democrat print edition for Thursday, August 20, 2015 | Issuu is a digital publishing platform that makes it simple to publish magazines, catalogs ...
Easily share your publications and get them in front of ... one runway at a time for today’s big ... CR8V Web Services, Salesforce, Bluecloud.
Group pushes indoor plumbing. Story; Comments ; ... designed by Bluecloud Studio owned by Greene County residents Chris ... today's events browse ...
Today's Pickup. 急上昇アプリ ... Forecast Communications Inc. 9 左様！こちらネコ屋台でござる。by MapFan ... Campus Life™: Fashion Girl