Published on March 16, 2016
1. Three Ways Gasification is Changing the Renewable Energy Game A Presentation by Waste to Energy Systems, LLC.
2. WHAT IS GASIFICATION? GASIFICATION is the process of breaking down carbon-based materials into a high-energy gas by applying extreme temperatures in an oxygen-starved environment. The gasification process significantly reduces harmful emissions compared to either incineration or landfills. The resulting product is Syngas – a flexible, local fuel source that is significantly cleaner than fossil fuels.
3. GASIFICATION IS CARBON NEUTRAL Gasification is a carbon neutral process. It fits in the carbon cycle in perfect harmony by using responsibly sourced biomass as fuel. The carbon dioxide released from biomass gasification is re-absorbed by plant life through photosynthesis, creating a complete carbon cycle. Fossil fuels release sequestered CO2, adding to the total amount of CO2 found in the Earth’s atmosphere.
4. GASIFICATION PRODUCES VERSATILE FORMS OF ENERGY Gasification produces synthetic gas aka “Syn-Gas” which is incredibly versatile. To name a few uses, it can: • Power an internal combustion engine to create electricity • Be combined with other elements to create liquid fuels • Power a boiler or kiln for industrial uses.
5. GASIFICATION PRODUCES VERSATILE FORMS OF ENERGY Gasification also produces large amounts of heat that can be captured and used for various applications including: • Hot water and air heating, • Drying fuel, • Creating steam for additional power and electricity, • Multiple other industry specific uses.
6. BRINGING THE GASIFIER SYSTEM TO THE FUEL SOURCE By creating systems that are only as big as the fuel source needs, costs are cut down considerably allowing this renewable energy system to be cost effective without the help of government subsidies while ridding a facility of its organic waste. Beneficial sizes range from 200 kW to 1 MW.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION For additional information on gasification and its benefits, go to www.wastetoenergysystems.com Or email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you
Economics of Waste-to-Energy, ... from electricity generated through renewable energy ... changing the way we introduce fuel ...
... Waste2Tricity Pushes ‘Game Changing’ Waste-to-Energy Tech. ... plasma gasification ... renewable energy alternatives, as well ways to ...
This is game changing for the ... The GE gas engines use syngas produced at Phoenix Energy’s biomass gasification ... Renewable Energy and ...
... an affordable way for utilities to obtain some of the environmental benefits of using renewable energy. Gasification. ... in three stages inside ...
Gasification is a process that converts organic or ... incidents" and 13 "spills" over those three ... the Renewable Energy ...
Biomass Energy . The energy stored in ... Biopower can be generated through combustion or gasification of dry biomass ... and other renewable energy ...
hold the potential to create renewable energy from waste matter, ... Waste to Energy ... gasification are providing ways of generating energy from waste
Biomass (plant material and animal waste) is the oldest source of renewable energy, ... More Ways to Give; The HEAL Food Alliance; You are here. Energy
... Renewable Energy Focus ... 'We're changing the way we introduce fuel cells by ... Energy, along with plasma gasification technology provider ...