Published on March 15, 2016
1. Concept Note ver. 1.0 November 2015 The #SmartPune Model Digital Literacy outlined as the Smart Solution Presented at: Frost & Sullivan Sales Congress, 2015 Location: Weligama, Srilanka
2. 2 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity Focus Points Defining a Smart City – A Puneri Perspective • Recent Developments & Opportunities • The Frost & Sullivan Perspective • The Population Advantage Digital Literacy – The Smart Solution
3. 3 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity • Definition 1 • A smart city uses digital technologies or ICT to enhance quality (of life) and enhance performance of urban services. • The concept aims at reducing costs of living and resource consumption, and to engage more effectively and actively with its citizens. • Major technological, economic and environmental changes generate immense business opportunities across all verticals Let’s think outside of Wikipedia Defining a Smart City – A Puneri Perspective How does a Punekar perceive the definition of a Smart City?
4. 4 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity Recent Developments & Opportunities PMC (1950) PCMC (1982) PMRDA (2015)
5. 5 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity The Frost & Sullivan Perspective Smart Offices Smart Housing: - Integrate Solid waste & Sewerage - On-demand maintenance Integrate utility services - - Electricity & Internet - Solid waste & Sewerage Sources of Energy for - Street lighting - Refrigerators - Air Conditioners Power Usage Digital Literacy The Smart Solution Mostly private players - Apollo Hospitals -Jehangir Hospitals Healthcare IT Pharmaceuticals Population Health Transportation - major issue Zero Buses & Rickshaws Innovating effective transportation concepts Market Yard & PCMC
6. Digital Literacy – The Smart Solution Identifying untapped strengths and talent of a City will define the potential to be considered a Smart City
7. 7 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity Defining Digital Literacy: Digital Literacy is the ability of individuals and communities to understand and use digital technologies for meaningful actions within life situations What should a digitally literate citizen be able to do? • Explain the basics (terminology, navigation and functionality) of digital devices • Use digital devices for accessing, creating, managing and sharing information • Use the Internet to browse in an effective and responsible manner • Use technology to communicate effectively • Be socially responsible. Appreciate / Criticize with utmost discretion for social welfare Digital Literacy – The Smart Solution
8. 8 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity • Actual Population – 9,428,408 (8.40% of the total population of Maharashtra) • Population of Pune City – 3,124,000 • Growth in Population since 2001 – 30.73% • Increase in Density per sq. km – 76% • Average Literacy ratio – 86.15% Pune City – The Population Advantage Urban Population, 60.99% Rural Population, 39.01%
9. 9 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity Digital Literacy for Entrepreneurs – Market Yard, Pune Pune Market Yard University of Pune
10. 10 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity Corporate Digital Literacy for Startup companies – PCMC University of Pune PCMC
11. 11 Concept Note Ver. 1.0, #SmartPune – The 11 km Opportunity Contact Details Yogi Satpute Account Manager – Frost & Sullivan Chemicals, Materials & Food Practice +91 20 4077 8895, +91 9890 822 868 YogeshS@frost.com Twitter: yogesh_satpute
... if you have always wanted to become a model there are more opportunities than ever for you to ... All new models should try Model Scouts.com ...
The Opportunity rover is NASA's ... the machine is still trekking after 11 years on ... NASA ran tests on a model of the rover in a simulated Martian ...
Runners at JPL cheer as a test model of NASA's Mars rover Opportunity ... Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity ... Opportunity has reached in its 11 ...
11 Years and Counting: Opportunity on Mars. ... Opportunity Rover: Block Island 3D Model ... (40 km) Raw Images Returned: 187,000;
... we say retaining funds for reinvestment carries an opportunity cost. 11 ... How does the capital asset pricing model ... and the market risk premium (Km
The One:1 is a limited model, ... Francorchamps in Belgium to attend this opportunity, ... km/h RACE Bugatti Veyron Vitesse vs ...
Three-D Earth Structure Model 1 . ... This activity also provides an opportunity for some practice in ... 10.83 x 10 11 km 3, so the relative ...
2015 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (510hp) ... The particular C63 is the S-Model delivering 510 hp and 700 Nm ... 11,0-10,8/6,9-6,7/8,4-8,2 l/100 km, ...
Business model; International trade; ...  Categorization of business models ... Models of opportunity: ...