Published on August 1, 2020
1. The Sanctuary Text: Ex 25:8 Exod 25:8 And let them make me a SANCTUARY; that I may dwell among them. They already have the desire- …let them make me a sanctuary… Because this desire is a God given human urge, the Devil tries to manipulate it. Lev 19:30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. Lev 26:2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
2. Intro: Exod 15:17 Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in THE SANCTUARY, O Lord, which thy hands have established. God has a desire to Dwell with his people. I. Preliminary Sanctuary A. Terrestrial Exod 33:7 And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp, afar off from the camp, and called it the Tabernacle of the congregation. And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp.
3. Exod 32:7-8 7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves: 8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. Exod 33:5 For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee. (Exod 33:7) And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp Prov 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. Zeph 3:4 Her prophets are light and treacherouspersons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
4. Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. (Exod 33:7) …And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp. Zeph 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. 2Cor 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. The temporary tabernacle is not designed to satisfy, but to give anticipation of a better to come. 2Pet 1:13-14 13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
5. 14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. B. Millennial Exod 40:17 And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up. Num 2:17 Then the tabernacle of the congregation shall set forward with the camp of the Levites in the midst of the camp: as they encamp, so shall they set forward, every man in his place by their standards. Ezek 37:26-28 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
6. Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. II. Perpetual Sanctuary Eternal 2Sam 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. 1Kgs 6:17 And the house, that is, the temple before it, was forty cubits long. John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
7. 1Cor 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. Conclusion: The Promise to Accomplish Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? THE SANCTUARY TEXT: EX25:8 Lev 19:30;Lev 26:2 INTRO: Exod 15:17
8. I. PRELIMINARY SANCTUARY A. TERRESTRIAL Exod 33:7;Exod 32:7-8;Exod 33:5 Prov 15:29 Zeph 3:4 Isa 59:2 Zeph 3:8; 2Cor 5:4; 2Pet 1:13-14 B. MILLENNIAL Exod 40:17;Num 2:17;Ezek 37:26-28 Rev 21:7;Rev 21:3 II. PERPETUALSANCTUARY ETERNAL 2Sam 22:7;1Kgs6:17 John 14:2 1Cor 15:28;Col 3:11 CONCLUSION:THE PROMISE TO ACCOMPLISH Eph 1:13;Rom 8:32 THE SANCTUARY TEXT: EX 25:8 INTRO: I. PRELIMINARY SANCTUARY A. TERRESTRIAL B. MILLENNIAL II. PERPETUAL SANCTUARY ETERNAL CONCLUSION: THE PROMISE TO ACCOMPLISH