Published on November 12, 2014
1. ““TThhee RRiigghhtt ttoo LLiiee””?? Kevin M Brett November 12, 2014 COM 270
2. AA VViieeww FFrroomm AAbbrrooaadd • “Public relations, they called it in America, the multi-billion-dollar industry that could make a talentless oaf a celebrity, a fool a sage, and base opportunist a statesman. Propaganda, they called it in Russia, but it was the same tool.” – Author Frederick Forsyth
3. AA VViieeww ffrroomm tthhee MMeeddiiaa • “Show me a PR person who is accurate and truthful, and I’ll show you a PR person who is unemployed.” – Andrew Cohen, CBS News
4. AAnnootthheerr VViieeww ffrroomm tthhee MMeeddiiaa • “When evil needs public relations, evil has Burson Marsteller on speed dial.” – Rachel Maddow, MSNBC
5. PPRRSSAA CCooddee:: FFiirrsstt TTwwoo VVaalluueess • Advocacy: Serving the public interest by acting as responsible advocates… • Honesty: Adhering to the highest standards of accuracy and truth…
6. PPuubblliicc RReellaattiioonnss iinn WWaarrttiimmee • “I’d rather have bad press than a good eulogy.” – Israeli Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu
7. TThhee RRiigghhtt ttoo LLiiee?? “In wartime, truth is so precious that she should be attended by a bodyguard of lies” -- Winston Churchill, 1943
8. 5522 HHoossttaaggeess,, 444444 DDaayyss
9. OOppeerraattiioonn EEaaggllee CCllaaww –– AApprriill 11998800
10. KKeeeeppiinngg aa PPrreessss SSeeccrreettaarryy iinn tthhee DDaarrkk?? • “If a secret is worthy of lying about to protect, it makes sense to come up with the most effective lie possible…Dealing with the press, particularly in ticklish situations, is very much an art. You cannot treat the press secretary like a robot and then expect him to perform like an artist.” – Jody Powell
11. Operation UUrrggeenntt FFuurryy –– OOccttoobbeerr 11998833 • “Preposterous” – Larry Speakes to CBS’ Bill Plante • “Rear Admiral John Poindexter hung me out to dry, and I didn’t even know it.” – Larry Speakes • “I have always preached to members of the White House staff, ‘Tell me everything, so I’ll know not only what to say, but what not to say.” – Larry Speakes
12. TThhoouu SShhaalltt NNoott LLiiee • Your mom told you not to lie • Immanuel Kant subscribed to the notion of Deontology, an ethical doctrine governing that actions must conform to binding rules regardless of the consequences. • And yet …
13. ZZeerroo DDaarrkk TThhiirrttyy?? • May 1, 2011. You are Obama’s press secretary… • You are asked to confirm a rumor of a coming raid against public enemy No. 1 • You know the truth • Would you tell the truth? Or…
Is it ever right to lie? If telling a lie prevents and even greater evil, is telling the lie still a sin?
Today the Supreme Court will hear oral argument in Susan B. Anthony List v. Driehaus. Because the petitioners are challenging an Ohio law prohibiting false ...
The Right to Lie: Kant on Dealing with Evil1 Christine M. Korsgaard One of the great difficulties with Kant's moral philosophy is that it seems to
The Supreme Court’s Susan B. Anthony List ruling exposes the right’s pernicious habit of false-fact smear campaigns.
Ihre Musikbibliothek MP3-Einkaufswagen. Sie haben die maximale Anzahl an zulässigen Titeln in Ihrem MP3-Einkaufswagen überschritten.
XAVIER ALVAREZ is a liar. Even the brief filed on his behalf in the United States Supreme Court says as much: “Xavier Alvarez lied.” It ...
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later. Uploaded on Oct ... "Lie Lie Lie" by Serj Tankian Listen ad-free with YouTube ...
A lie is a statement that the stating party believes to be ... The Metaphysics of Morals and "On a supposed right to lie from philanthropy ...
National Right to Life PAC National Right to Life Victory Fund National Right to Life Convention NRL News Today Pro-Life Perspective Association for ...
Step one, you say we need to talk He walks you say sit down it's just a talk He smiles politely back at you You stare politely right on through ...