Published on February 5, 2014
* Pages 231-232
* A concise version of a more extensive body of information * Reflects only main points of a passage * Written in full sentences * Has entirely new but complete unit of information * A SUMMARY OF WHAT WAS WRITTEN *
* Essential for a Management Assistant * To give to a Director (your boss) as a Synopsis of articles written *
* Read article quickly – establish * REMEMBER: main theme or idea * Full sentences * Choose a heading * Paragraphs vs. bulletin dots * Reread slowly – underline main * Comments must include ideas of each paragraph * Write preliminary Précis * Proof-read and compare * Count words (5 words leeway) * Write final précis * Remember [words] in brackets * person who made the comment * Write in 3rd person * Change sentences to single words * Delete “extras”
* Taken from June 2012 – External Exam Read the following text and write a précis of 100 words that would give you guidance regarding leadership style to branch managers. Give your précis a suitable heading. Indicate the number of words used at the end of the précis. First look at the précis and see plus minus how many words you want to have where. In this case: Introduction and end (10 words) The Buffalo (30 words) The Bee (30 words) The Lion (30 words)
* See page 232 - 234 GROUP A: A ban on gobbledegook (50 words) Group B: Sexual discrimination in reverse (40 words) Group C: The price of poor scholastic performance (50 words) Group D: A matter of relevance (40 words)
×Close Share The Précis or Summary, for N4, N5 or N6 Communication students studying at FET Colleges in South Africa.
N5 Communication: Presentation Communication for students studying at FET Colleges in South Africa.
The Union Catalog of Pre-1600 Books Online ... P93.5 .W6 1981 Studying Visual Communication, ... colleges, and private students by Kennedy, ...
Hình ảnh về game võ sĩ đường phố Tai game võ sĩ đường phố thuộc game thi đấu võ thuật đối kháng, game võ đường phố ...