Published on June 5, 2019
1. The positional polyvalence of Stefano Sensi in Sassuolo 's 4-3-3 and 3-4-2-1
2. *This season's bright star in Sassuolo's Positional Play was obviously the young technical midfielder Stefano Sensi. His tactical intelligence made him a pillar in De Zerbi's philosophy of two touches attractive model/s of play. *This is also a huge merit to his own capability of interpreting more than one role , not only in one system , but in two. *Growing as potential number 10 [Trequartista], he evolved into a polyvalent player, moving from a Central Midfielder between the lines in a midfield of three, then as Regista in the same midfield of three, till a playmaker in a double pivot in front of the defense, finishing as double trequartista in the left-halfspace behind the striker. *His evolution [positional polyvalence] is fundamental especially in the Juego De Posicion. Let's observe his polyvalence through the tactical optic :
3. A. 4-3-3 A.1 A Playmaker a.k.a Regista in front of the defense. A.1.1 Dropping between the CBs , creating numerical superiority and a catalyst for moving the ball during the construction. A.1.2 Searching the CMs between the lines through his accurate passes
4. A. 4-3-3 A.2 A Central Midfielder between the lines. A.2.1 Attacking the opponent's midfield line behind their backs in the half-spaces, expecting a pass by the Playmaker or the CB and attacking the opponent in profundity.
5. B. 3-4-2-1 B.1 A Playmaker in the double pivot in front of the defense. Always locked in an imaginary cage by the opponent's pressing. B.1.1 Helping the back three during the construction of the action, a catalyst for moving the ball. B.1.2 Searching the two Trequartistas between the lines through his accurate passes.
6. B. 3-4-2-1 B.2 A Trequartista between the lines B.2.1 Attacking the opponent's midfield line behind their backs in the left-halfspace, expecting a pass by the Playmaker and attacking the opponent in profundity.
7. *The specificity of his talent, offered him also the opportunity to be one of the future pillars of Mancini's Italy. With Jorginho, Verratti, Barella, Pellegrini and Cristante creates the present and future options of Mancini's midfield of three. *His name is also linked with Barcelona and AC Milan. A turbulent transfer window for the ambitious talent.