Published on May 13, 2016
1. The first book from the Chronicles of Aden Weaver The Elevator Pitch ~ Aden Weaver thinks he’s nobody…until he’s attacked by two warriors of the Sasori Empire. Chased into the labyrinth beneath the Lost Island, Aden must save himself and his friends from being beheaded. If Aden can find the strength to defeat the Sasori, maybe he will fulfil his true destiny—to one day make the journey to bring home the legendary stone, the Or'in of Tane Mahuta.
2. The Standing in a Queue Pitch ~ ‘The Or’in of Tane Mahuta’ is the first book in the series the Chronicles of Aden Weaver. It is fantasy ‘tween fiction which stands at 93,121 words. When Aden is thrust into fight training, he has no idea about hidden family secrets that about to catapault his life into a world of danger. An ancient stone, the Or’in of Tane Mahuta falls into his hands and Aden becomes the hunted. Chief Wako, the supreme Lord of the Sasori Empire, has given orders to his elite warriors. Their task is to destroy anyone who stands between Chief Wako and the powerful stone, the Or’in of Tane Mahuta. Aden Weaver is the only one standing between them. Attacked by the warriors, Aden is pursued inside the tunnels beneath the legendary Lost Island. He must save himself and his friends from being beheaded. If he can find the strength to defeat the Sasori, he may well find the path to his true identity.
3. The Dinner with a Friend Pitch ~ Two thousand years ago the god of forests and small creatures, Tane Mahuta, gave the dragonfly shape-shifters a stone of great power. This stone was called the Or’in of Tane Mahuta. Tane granted the dragonfly tribe the Lost Island, their base off-shore from the Land of the Clouds—an island invisible and therefore impenetrable by the rest of the world. See the video: http://animoto.com/play/aG7Lf16tC5hSXtXxBfXXrw Then the O’rin of Tane Mahuta disappeared. The Order of Twenty-four was created. Their mission was to search the world for the Or’in of Tane Mahuta, and restore it to the Island, thereby granting health and long life to the dragonfly shape-shifter race and all the endangered species who live there.
4. Eleven-year-old Aden Weaver is a shape-shifter. He is able to change shape into that of a dragonfly, or a human with wings. Descended from an alien race, his birthright, that he is the Son of Kal, is hidden from him. See the video: http://animoto.com/play/Hs10AsdRXYxiFuGuwJk1CA Chief Wako, of the Sasori Empire, is a scorpion Chisai, who shifts between scorpion and human form. Wako seeks the Or’in of Tane also. Prophecy says, The Or’in can only be returned to the Island by the Son of Kal. Chief Wako sends his top Sasori warriors to the Land of the Clouds. Sergeant Rahora and Cho are assigned to kill Aden Weaver. They must return with Aden’s head.
5. Aden has grown up in secrecy with his grandparents on the mainland. Aden’s aunt, Henny, is the head of the Lost Island. She introduces Aden to the Goldstone twins, Stingray and Pums, the Guardians, and the crippled girl Te Maia Wilde, the Record Keeper, with whom Aden starts fight training. The Sasori warriors arrive. They attack Aden, and try to sever his head. He and his friends escape to the Lost Island where family secrets begin to unravel. Aden discovers that he is the Son of Kal and as such a heavy burden of expectation lies on his shoulders, for only the Son of Kal can return the Or’in of Tane Mahuta to the Lost Island. See the video: http://animoto.com/play/eHCTdQlzhLUIcPbpd5WmeQ
6. Breaking the invisibility barrier, two Sasori warriors storm the Lost Island. They chase Aden and his friends through the tunnel system beneath the Island. In the final scenes the battle takes place underground and the Sasori are intent on severing Aden’s head from his shoulders. Aden Weaver, Enemy Number One of the Sasori Empire. Book clubs ~ Here’s something to think about: If you could change something about this book, what would it be and why? Drop me a line, and tell me in 25 words or less. Join the
7. emailing list http://www.yvettecarol.com. Best entries get a free copy of the first book in the series signed by me. Yvette Carol http://www.yvettecarol.com + *News Flash*The first book in the Chronicles of Aden Weaver series, ‘The Or’in of Tane Mahuta’ is now available on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B015K1KF0I
... 'The Or'in of Tane Mahuta', the first volume in the trilogy, The Chronicles of Aden Weaver. A former ... http://www.slideshare.net/yvettecarol
... ‘The Or’in of Tane Mahuta’, ... http://www.linkedin.com/yvettecarol http://www.slideshare.net/yvettecarol www.goodreads.com/YvetteCarol http ...
Looking for Aden Weaver ? ... Aden Weaver & the Or'in of Tane Mahuta, Children's fantasy fiction, t… slideshare.net. Show Less ... SuperHero SuperHunk?
Focus Your Story with a ... The other day I was reading on Bob Mayer’s blog that the reason Slideshare is taking ... called the Or’in of Tane Mahuta).
Yvette Carol’s enduring fascination with fantasy fiction for children inspired her debut novel, ... The Or’in of Tane Mahuta, ...
Career as lifelong learning - Careers as Lifelong Learning With the decline and /or ... or in his community at ... the guardianship of Tane Mahuta.
Explore MIchelle Last Name's board "Maori Resources" on Pinterest, the world's catalog of ideas. ... slideshare.net. Nga Marama Maori o Te Tau.
Yvette Carol's background and personal history. Yvette Carol, Children's Writer