Published on February 5, 2014
the need of Tally Accounting Software for accountants
Learning Tally is considered mandatory for a Commerce graduate. And rightly so! Tally is to a fresher, what a foundation is to a building. Tally equips an individual with practical knowledge. It is a tool that gives you a working method to organize all the numbers and figures you have already pulled up and which in turn can be used to make an organization’s work very stream-lined and organized. Tally is learnt by fresh Commerce graduates, because it provides a practical value-add to their Accounting knowledge
What is Accounting? Can it be a practical career choice?
Accounting is defined in layman terms, as handling an organization’s finances
Account Work Profile
Accounting is one of the most common work profiles, but also the most misunderstood of them. It might sound pretty basic, but involves the handling of complex financial figures. Accounting involves -
● ● ● ● The recording, reporting and systematic analysis of a business’ financial transactions The production of financial records and statements The ability to select relevant financial data and discard what is not required Learning about the financial stability of a company, its profitability, liquidity and wealth.
Without accounting, an organization would just collapse, because major and minor, daily and long-term decisions depend on it. Budgets for long-term investments, marketing activities, R&D, profit reinvestment and even company growth, depend on the work of accountants.
While understanding an organization’s finances is important, what also matters is how all of that information can be understood and put into a concise informative report. Learning Tally accounting software could provide the following benefits –
● ● ● ● It will make your work easy, understandable and will also save you precious time that generally tends to get wasted in drawing reports. Since Tally is a key skill that employers look for, having this skill on your resume will automatically get you more preference in the job search process. Using Tally accounting software will reduce the number of errors you will make while accounting entries and calculations. Tally modules such as Payroll, Inventory, Multi Currency, Taxation, Interest Calculation etc will be significantly helpful in your day to day job as an accountant.
Account Qualifications Required
● ● ● Knowledge and love of numbers, since this is going to be a part and parcel of an accountant’s life. Every work, whether posting journal entries or putting together a balance sheet will require this. Basic knowledge of computers and sufficient computer skills An analytical mind that will help you put everything together, creating a sense of order from the chaos and basically pick up any discrepancies that may mar an otherwise perfectly healthy finance report.
● ● An attention to detail. Pulling together thousands of figures to create income statements and balance sheets can be a tedious job, and an accountant is the only one who can compile everything, decide what is to be used and discard anything that is irrelevant. Finally, good communication is also important. It is only an accountant who can give words to facts and figures seen on a balance sheet, and can communicate with different employees to gain data or disperse it.
Accountant Career Path
Once you’ve become an Accountant, you can even decide to further your career, by becoming a Chartered Accountant or a CA, for which there are specialized courses and exams with authorized Tally training centers. You can either stay as an accountant your entire career, or you could choose to diversify into other areas such as Investment Banking, Due Diligence, Equity Research, Strategy etc.
2 Kinds of companies that hire accountants
● ● Dedicated accounting firms such as Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PWC etc Companies that have accounting departments such as Tata, Reliance, Airtel etc .
A junior accountant can earn anywhere between Rs. 1.2 – Rs. 3.6 lakhs per year depending on your experience and the kind of company. If you are a CA, you could earn much higher. Months back a few CA students , started at Rs.9 lacs in a leading IT firm.
That's it .
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
Tally Accounting Software ... Exclusively to meet the needs of small and medium businesses, ... Using Tally.ERP 9, Chartered Accountants can provide Audit
In fact in todays environment you just need a computer and Tally to manage your business and ... Tally is an accounting software used widely in ...
Accounting software describes a type of application software that records and ... many smaller clients have a need to connect ... Tally.ERP 9; TRAVERSE ...
... accounting software package into a simple-yet-sophisticated business management software product. Comprehensive capabilities allow Tally.ERP 9 to meet ...
Tally Solutions-Market and technology leader ... the complete business software with accounting, auditing modules and much more for all your business needs
Top Accounting Software for Small ... Tally.ERP 9 is a business accounting software for ... that your accountant also has access to your software and is ...
How to use Tally Software; Tally and ... your accounting in Bangla. Price of Tally Software in ... formats as your accountants needs, ...
Welcome to Tally Solutions Small Business Accounting ... It means it either needs a complete revamp with a small business accounting software or ...