Published on February 13, 2018
1. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 1 Transforming the Way Work Gets Done.
2. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 2 Did you know that up to 50% of an organization’s workforce spend is on non-employees? EMPLOYEES EXTERNAL TALENT The biggest change in the way work gets done today is this shift in the workforce. Think about who you engage that is not on your payroll—independent contractors, consultants, freelancers and services providers such as consulting firms, marketing agencies and facilities management companies. We call this the multi-channel workforce and it is transforming the way work gets done.
3. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 3 External talent is a key lever in an organization’s ability to be agile and competitive in a fast-paced digital world. Companies benefit from an on-demand workforce. They can scale up and down to meet demand, reduce recruiting and overhead costs, and minimize layoffs. In order to complete work more effectively and efficiently, and source needed skills, companies are relying on a network of external talent suppliers and services providers to augment their traditional in- house workforce.
4. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 4 With technology, resources can be sourced anywhere. External talent could be anywhere in this global economy. CRAFT WORKER MANUFACTURING | CHICAGO TECHNICAL PROJECT DIRECTOR ENGINEERING | MONTREAL ASSEMBLY WORKER LIGHT INDUSTRIAL | MEXICALI EVENTS SPECIALIST MARKETING | SÃO PAULO DIGITAL AGENCY MARKETING | CAPE TOWN GRAPHIC DESIGNER MARKETING | CANBERRA LAB ANALYST RESEARCH | LYON LAW FIRM LEGAL | EUROPE & LATAM NURSE MEDICAL | SCOTTSDALE CONTRACTS MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN | INCHEON IT CONSULTING FIRM IT | GLOBAL APPLICATION DEVELOPER IT | BANGALORE Yet, managing a distributed and often virtual external workforce of individuals and services providers brings unique challenges such as compliance with local regulatory requirements, labor laws and handling different currencies—in addition to visibility to who has access to your systems and facilities.
5. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 5 What are they doing? Who is working for you? How much are you paying them? Where are they located? What facilities & systems are they accessing? Consider all of the people who do work for your organization that are not on your payroll—from the temporary admin assistant to an IT consulting firm. That’s a lot of people and services providers. What they have in common is that they are outside of your traditional HR systems and governance processes so they are more challenging to source, manage and pay. How much do you know about your external workforce?
6. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 6 We help our customers accelerate business outcomes by better managing their external workforce. This is where SAP Fieldglass comes in.
7. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 7 • Simplify engagement of external talent, where and when you need it • Gain visibility & control of the external workforce – who, where, cost, performance • Reduce costs and control spend • Streamline & automate processes to improve operational efficiency • Ensure compliance with licenses, insurance, health/life & safety • Match & approve invoices against complex contracts in real time • Analyze supplier spend & performance to compare prices, renegotiate contracts & perform audits We provide External Workforce Management solutions that enable you to:
8. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 8 We helped a leading global technology company drive value with services procurement. Our customer • External workers: 75,000 • Statement of work (SOW) spend: $1.5 billion • External worker spend: $65 million Their objectives • Deliver an end-to-end business process for external workers • Mitigate risk by ensuring compliance to regulations, classification, tenure and other requirements • Provide visibility into their external workers and services data Results • A formal process, singular platform and published external workforce policy, including a tenure policy to address compliance • Savings of more than $33 million and soft savings via proper controls • Proper system and building access, improved security
9. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 9 We helped one of the world’s largest financial services institutions with an enterprise-wide external workforce program that delivered significant results. Our customer • Complex program with more than $2 billion in spend and three managed service providers • Lack of visibility, high costs and risks related to security and compliance, due to disparate processes • Large, growing statement of work (SOW) initiative with more than 13,000 resources globally Results • Cost savings of more than $100 million • Improved visibility and governance • Increased compliance & risk mitigation; fully compliant with TARP • Significant efficiency gains via numerous back-office integrations
10. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 10 We co-innovated with an international railway, driving productivity and efficiency gains. Our customer • Engaged 6,000 construction vendors with project and maintenance work to keep its 20,000 rail assets open Pain points • Complex crew-based work with 100+ crew-members; workers get paid differently based on role, task, area • Location of work performed down to the mile marker drives cost allocation and proper tax calculations • Highly complex contracts with significant & tedious invoice reconciliation • No visibility to productivity and costs across vendors; overpayment issues Results • Co-innovated to develop new comprehensive crew billing functionality • Simplified, efficient process and lighter workload • New visibility into completed work, accurate invoices and improved payment cycle times • Control of total spend; better contract management
11. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 11 BANKING SAP Fieldglass helps customers achieve benefits across all industries • Engage virtual IT talent • Better manage risk, compliance and governance around highly sensitive financial data • Improve visibility to talent • Manage mobile crews, complex contracts, health/life & safety compliance • Address multiple tax jurisdictions • Source new digital skills • Manage services providers with complex contracts • Manage activity- or crew-based work • Transition alumni to contractors • Manage health/life & safety compliance • Simplify bidding and subcontractor management • Manage craft labor • Maximize contract profitability • Manage health/life & safety compliance • Respond quickly to production spikes or outages • Manage craft labor • Manage complex contracts • Manage health/life & safety compliance RAIL MANUFACTURING UTILITIES CONSTRUCTION
12. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 12 Industry-leading platform Our robust, cloud-based solution is configured for speed and agility, and has world-class security and compliance management capabilities. Easy integrations Our open platform is flexible and designed to integrate with any third-party solution or self- developed tool. Our out-of-the box integrations help you get up & running faster. Why partner with SAP Fieldglass? Global, yet local SAP Fieldglass has the largest footprint in the industry. We understand local issues labor laws, regulations, candidate privacy, rate requirements and taxation. Innovation partner From our machine learning-based solutions, such as SAP Fieldglass Live Insights, to our digital providers, we continuously innovate to help our customers improve their programs. Technology R&D is a priority We are part of the fabric of the technology ecosystem, as is our parent company who created a category more than 40 years ago and has been a market leader ever since. Our customers stick with us We have a 99% customer retention rate, earned by continuing to provide an industry- leading solution, high-touch account services, and a path to the future.
13. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 13 Learn more about harnessing the multi-channel workforce in a new world of work. Forrester Wave™: Services Procurement Read why Forrester Research positioned SAP Fieldglass as a leader among services procurement providers. Read Report SAP Fieldglass Services Procurement See how our solution streamlines and manages the full services procurement lifecycle. Watch Video SAP Fieldglass External Workforce Management Learn how SAP Fieldglass enables organizations to find, engage and manage all types of external talent. Watch Video
14. © 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. 14 www.fieldglass.com The Future Belongs to the Bold. Are You Ready? CONNECT WITH US