Published on December 12, 2008
Prelims Thejaswi Udupa KQA
Rules 30 questions, answer them. Questions 25-30 are *ed to help resolve ties That’s all, really!
30 questions, answer them.
Questions 25-30 are *ed to help resolve ties
That’s all, really!
1. What middle name was given to Obama in this political cartoon?
Answer Barack ‘Usain’ Obama
Barack ‘Usain’ Obama
2. In particle physics, denoted as S, it is a property of particles, expressed as a quantum number for describing decay of particles in strong and electro-magnetic reactions, which occur in a short period of time. The concept was introduced by Murray Gell-Mann and Kazuhiko Nishijima to explain the fact that certain particles, such as the kaons or certain hyperons, were created easily in particle collisions, yet decayed much more slowly than expected for their large masses and large production cross sections. It was postulated that a new conserved quantity, dubbed S because of the above queer behavior, was preserved during their creation, but not conserved in their decay. Identify.
3. If Karnataka, Hyderabad, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh are “Super” (formerly “Elite”), then what is Kerala?
Answer ‘ Plate’ – leagues in Ranji
‘ Plate’ – leagues in Ranji
5. Identify her.
Answer Baby Shamili
6. Which company/brand recently modified their logo to the above?
7. Subject of a 1999 Gideon Haigh book called ‘Mystery Spinner’, identify this bowler from the 1950s with a weird grip, who’s now back in the news, thanks to Ajantha Mendis.
Answer Jack Iverson
8. Identify the subjects of this fan-art masterpiece.
9. In mathematics, a X-Y pair consists of two consecutive integers (e.g. 714 and 715) for which the sums of the prime factors of each integer are equal: 714 = 2 × 3 × 7 × 17 715 = 5 × 11 × 13 and 2 + 3 + 7 + 17 = 5 + 11 + 13 = 29 These numbers were named by Carl Pomerance for X and Y because X’s career regular-season home run total was 714, a record which Y eclipsed on April 8, 1974, when he hit his 715th career home run. Pomerance was a mathematician at the University of Georgia at the time Y broke X’s record, and the student of one of Pomerance's colleagues noticed that the sums of the prime factors of 714 and 715 were equal. Solve for X and Y.
Answer X – Babe Ruth Y – Hank Aaron
X – Babe Ruth
Y – Hank Aaron
10. Identify the product.
11. Identify him
Answer Allan Stanford
12. Whose death?
13. Identify the book by its cover.
14. xkcd parody of which famous short story?
Answer The Gift of the Magi
The Gift of the Magi
15. Whose wedding?
Answer Vijaya and Chandrika Kumaratunga
Vijaya and Chandrika Kumaratunga
16. Identify the boy, and the man he’s riding.
Answer Hamlet and Yorick Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times ; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!
Hamlet and Yorick
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times ; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!
17. Pazuzu was an Assyrian and Babylonian demonic god of the first millennium BC. He normally has a dog-like face like here, and where his body is depicted he has a scaly torso, a snake-headed penis, the talons of a bird and usually wings. He is often regarded as an evil underworld demon, but he seems also to have played a beneficent role as a protector against disease-bearing winds (especially the west wind). Why did this demon come into popular consciousness in 1973?
Answer The Exorcist
18. Identify this ageing rockstar.
Answer Axl Rose
19. Identify the common name of this decorative flower.
20. Who led this sports team of the 1920s?
Answer Jim Thorpe
21. Identify this legendary musician heard here making a cover of ‘Stairway to Heaven’ in his own inimitable style.
Answer Frank Zappa
22. It’s usually said that the human tongue can detect only four basic tastes: sweet, sour, bitter and salty, and that all tastes are combinations of these. In recent years some researchers have added a fifth taste, umami , to the other four, though western food scientists are divided about whether it really exists or not. What ingredient is usually used to provide the umami?
Answer Aji no moto
Aji no moto
23. The world’s first ICBM (Inter Continental Ballistic Missile) was the R-7 Semyorka which was successfully tested in August 1957. Less than two months later, it was put to its most famous use. What?
Answer Launch of Sputnik
Launch of Sputnik
24. Identify the band. And who was responsible for the sudden surge in the popularity of this song in 1992?
Answer Fleetwood Mac Bill Clinton
*25. When Indian forces drove away the Portuguese from this colony, it became in the eyes of international law, an independent country. The residents of the colony requested the Government of India for administrative help. Mr. K.G. Badlani, an officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) was sent as the administrator. In 1961, Mr. Badlani was, for one day, designated the Prime Minister of the ‘country’, so that, as Head of State, he could sign an agreement with the Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, and formally merge the ‘country’ with the Republic of India. Identify this former Portuguese colony.
Answer Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
*26. Who connects?
Answer Saurav Ganguly
: : ? (1996) (1997) *27.
Answer Sushmita Sen played herself in her debut movie Dastak
Sushmita Sen played herself in her debut movie Dastak
*28. Which book connects?
*29. Given below is a list of real women bedded by which fictional character? Jind Kaur, Dowager Maharani of Punjab Lakshmibai, Dowager Rani of Jhansi (a dancing girl may have taken the rani's place) Lily Langtry, actress and mistress of Edward VII Masteeat, Queen of the Wollo Gallas Lola Montez (Marie Dolores Eliza Rosanna Gilbert James) Queen Ranavalona of Madagascar The Silk One (a/k/a Ko Dali's daughter), consort of Yakub Beg Yehonala, Imperial Chinese concubine, later the Dowager Empress Ci Xi
Jind Kaur, Dowager Maharani of Punjab
Lakshmibai, Dowager Rani of Jhansi (a dancing girl may have taken the rani's place)
Lily Langtry, actress and mistress of Edward VII
Masteeat, Queen of the Wollo Gallas
Lola Montez (Marie Dolores Eliza Rosanna Gilbert James)
Queen Ranavalona of Madagascar
The Silk One (a/k/a Ko Dali's daughter), consort of Yakub Beg
Yehonala, Imperial Chinese concubine, later the Dowager Empress Ci Xi
Answer Sir Harry Paget Flashman
Sir Harry Paget Flashman
*30. Identify the artist. Also, name the song for which this is roughly a sequel to.
Answer David Bowie Space Oddity
The Illuminati Quiz, Ernakulam, India. 3,460 likes. ... 3.Top 8 teams in the prelims proceed directly into the finals.
THE ILLUMINATI INDIA QUIZ PRELIMS Organised by: SAMBHAV PANI K N CHAKRABORTY UDAY BANSAL SULCI AND GYRI • 25 Questions • 6 * marked: handy in case ...
Prelims for the Fresher's Quiz 2014 organized by Hans Raj College's Quizzing Society - Illuminati Education presentation by shraishth
An Inter-medical college quiz held at AFMC Pune under auspices of Illuminati 2014 on 13 September 2014. A usual 25 questions Prelims with questions ...
THE ILLUMINATI INDIA QUIZ PRELIMS ANSWERS; THE ILLUMINATI INDIA QUIZ PRELIMS ANSWERS May 25, 2015 Education knchakraborty. System is processing data
The Illuminati Quiz 2009 Theme Rounds Questions from the Theme Round of The Illuminati Quiz held...
Download THE ILLUMINATI INDIA QUIZ PRELIMS ANSWERS. Transcript. 1. THEILLUMINATIINDIA QUIZPRELIMS. 2. 1• This committee had the following members.
Prelims for the Fresher's Quiz 2014 organized by Hans Raj College's Quizzing Society - Illuminati.